None of those signings were attainable for various reasons, and it has nothing to do with the board.
- Vidal: When was the last time a player left Bayern when they don’t want to sell?
- Nainngolan: He has publicly come out & admitted he had an offer from Chelsea but he loves Italy & wasn’t willing to move.
- Veratti: Wasn’t it Barca that tried unsettling Veratti that led to their owner activating Neymar’s release clause?
- Koulibaly: De Laurentis is a hard negotiatior & it will take a very stupid bid to sell him. We were in for him, and the owner refused to sell him to any one. Juve paid £75m for Higuain in 2016 which was a stupid fee then, we would have had to match it.
- Sandro: We were in for him but he never showed any desire to leave Serie A. You can’t just keep bidding upwards without any encouragement from the player.
- Roberto: Conte wanted to play him in a wing back role like Chamberlain, and he preferred a central role. That is on Conte & his formation.
- Bonucci: He was only willing to move within Italy, something to do with his son.
- Chamberlain: The board agreed with Arsenal, but he wanted a central role which he now has with Liverpool. Conte wanted him as a wing back.
- Belotti: Torino wanted to sell him for €100m after one season. Going by his performances this season, it would have been a bad signing.
- Danilo/Walker: Pep is a bigger draw than Conte, and both players only wanted to play for him. Danilo has been poor
Explain what the club could have done better