* Sport * Football * Chelsea Chelsea ready to make record transfer bid for Valencia's David Villa

Nat
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

If we signed David Villa, i'd do two laps around stamford bridge naked.

The chances of that happening are very slim indeed!

But if we do by some miracle, god help me.

Sheva, I like your enthusiasm but I dread nomen est omen... Let me explain. I think you finally decided to join this forum when Sheva signed and afterwords caught by the guards at the bridge while stripping. Well, as we all know Sheva wasn't worth running naked at anywhere public so I'm hoping that the name isn't a sign.

What I'm telling you is don't expose yourself too soon if we manage to sign Villa and in gods name don't change your username.

:D

For 45 million, I would much rather we went for Aguero or Benzema, but we all know that we're not going to pay that sort of money for any player at the moment.

Villa I would like, but Silva would be better if we're going to plunder Valencia.

Sheva, I like your enthusiasm but I dread nomen est omen... Let me explain. I think you finally decided to join this forum when Sheva signed and afterwords caught by the guards at the bridge while stripping. Well, as we all know Sheva wasn't worth running naked at anywhere public so I'm hoping that the name isn't a sign.

What I'm telling you is don't expose yourself too soon if we manage to sign Villa and in gods name don't change your username.

:D

Haha, well i used to browse these forums under a different name a long time ago but never posted and just simply forgot my password and thought to myself one of my all time favourite players have joined Chelsea so i'll call myself Sheva! I don't regret Sheva being at Chelsea, we seen moments of class but i was gutted he failed since i always knew he tried to give 100% for the team unlike some signings.

As for David Villa, think it's safe to say he's going to stay in Spain, if Eto leaves Barca he's off to Barca in my opinion. Shame really fantastic striker that i would love to see in the premiership.

For 45 million, I would much rather we went for Aguero or Benzema, but we all know that we're not going to pay that sort of money for any player at the moment.

Villa I would like, but Silva would be better if we're going to plunder Valencia.

£45 million for a 27-year-old?

I can see better ways that money could be used...

I think we could probably get Aguero and Benzema for £45million.

But, if we could get Villa for around £20million he's worth a shot.

Haha, well i used to browse these forums under a different name a long time ago but never posted and just simply forgot my password and thought to myself one of my all time favourite players have joined Chelsea so i'll call myself Sheva! I don't regret Sheva being at Chelsea, we seen moments of class but i was gutted he failed since i always knew he tried to give 100% for the team unlike some signings.

As for David Villa, think it's safe to say he's going to stay in Spain, if Eto leaves Barca he's off to Barca in my opinion. Shame really fantastic striker that i would love to see in the premiership.

^_^ I actually don't regret Sheva as I still rate him as a player and he certainly is one of the nicest blokes there is as far as I know. Don't worry about your nickname, it is fine by me. He was one of my favorite players when Dinamo progressed in CL years back. Sheva-Rebrov was a brilliant duo.

I like the way you use reverse psychology here telling "he will stay in spain". Oops, did I jinx it. ;)

Im with Sheva here. 45 is a very very steep price when he is approaching the same age we got another superhuman looking striker. But if we could ever get him, this is a player I would jump for joy if we signed.

But yeah, for 45 lets make a run at Kun Aguero first.

Kun Aguero would be more suited to our 4-3-3 system playing wide of Drogba and is far more of a team player than Villa

He'd be more suited to it than Villa, yes, but I personally see Aguero as a support striker or someone to partner Drogba. The one that plays in the hole and drifts to both sides.

Edited by Ruh Buh Juh

He'd be more suited to it than Villa, yes, but I personally see Aguero as a support striker or someone to partner Drogba. The one that plays in the hole and drifts to both sides.

aguero played wide a fair bit in his first season, and it wasn't great.

villa likes to drift to the left a bit, and can play on the left to some extent, but using either out wide would be such an alarming waste.

would love villa here, is one of the top strikers in the world, and has matured so much since joining valencia.

if he or aguero joined though, I'd want to see them central alongside drogba. I talked up aguero a lot on this forum, dunno if anyone else here watches spanish football regularly, but he is a fantastic talent, a more exciting player than villa, but right now villa is the more consistent, and is completely capable of playing on the shoulder or dropping deep and creating, as he did when he played with morientes.

either player would be a great step forward for us, I would say we need two high calibre players to come in to replace malouda and kalou, either two wide players or perhaps a number 10 and a partner for drogba (villa is very much the type of player ancelotti would want, for example).

If we signed David Villa, i'd do two laps around stamford bridge naked.

The chances of that happening are very slim indeed!

But if we do by some miracle, god help me.

I'm with you on this one mate! But wouldnt it be SICK. Just what we need to compliment our strike force. Drogba = powerful, quite rapid, good positioning, great technically (Although they all are!). Anelka = rapid, brilliant football brain i.e. good eye for a ball. David Villa = the perect mix of all of that!!

However much I'd love it to be true, if Villa moving to London is regarded as unlikey and pricey, surely Aguero's would be doubly so!? In fairness, Atletico are probably more likely to sell now that Valencia have recovered somewhat, but still.

I was always under impression that David Villa wants to stay at Valencia, but even if sold he'd insist on remaining in Spain.

Love him as a player and I think he would be a great acquisition. The only negative in Villa's case is that he's 28 this year already and will cost a fortune so his resale value will not be big. Aguero and Benzema may present better alternatives in that respect, both much younger although not as polished as Villa.

valencia are in massive, massive debt. millions (plural!) of euros worth in debt. they're in lots of trouble.

sorry I got this wrong.

I meant hundreds (plural) of millions of euros in debt.

when I see stories like that, or southampton I really do feel thankful for what we have.

Guillem Ballague on Villa to Chelsea rumors

David Villa has not ruled out Chelsea switch.

Up until now, it had always appeared most likely that David Villa would be staying in Spain; however, following a recent approach from Stamford Bridge, the Valencia striker now refuses to rule out a move to Chelsea...

One of our readers, CFCMick has asked: Guillem, There were recent reports linking David Villa to Chelsea, but Hiddink tried to deny it. Do you know if there was ever any truth in it? And do you think it could happen?

I am aware that those reports were denied, but I can also tell you that no matter what has since been claimed; Chelsea did make an official approach to Valencia for David Villa. I also know that key members of the Chelsea squad have been in touch with David Villa in order to try and persuade him to join them.

Do I think it could happen?

Well, the Spain striker is aware of the interest from Stamford Bridge and, whereas in the past he has always spoken of his desire to stay in Spain – at the moment he refuses to rule out a move to Chelsea.

Valencia would sell David Villa for a fee in the region of €35-40 million– so with that in mind, anything is possible. However, while he refuses to rule out a move to Chelsea, he would still prefer a move to either Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Intermediaries from Barcelona also made contact with Valencia in the past week or so regarding a summer move for David Villa – and the striker is most certainly a target. However, much may still depend upon the future of Samuel Eto’o and the finances available.

With regard to Real Madrid, it is practically impossible to say: with a presidential campaign about to get underway, the situation is far too unpredictable for anyone to secure a deal with Villa until the new regime – whoever that may be – has taken charge of the club. In other words, until David Villa knows who is going to be taking control at the Bernabeu, he won’t be committing to Real Madrid.