Last Movie You Watched

Romford Pele
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

11 hours ago, RMCM said:

Saw Rogue One last night. I absolutely loved it, especially as big star wars fan, lots of nice subtle homages and throwbacks, and some great new characters

I just saw it, afraid I hated it. Characters completely lacked charisma (can't even remember the two leads name) and most of the team didn't seem to ever actually have a reason to join the mission. Ultimately I just found it boring.

Bad CGI Peter Cushing looked and felt wrong.

6 hours ago, abigsmurf said:

I just saw it, afraid I hated it. Characters completely lacked charisma (can't even remember the two leads name) and most of the team didn't seem to ever actually have a reason to join the mission. Ultimately I just found it boring.

It's not perfect for sure, but I really enjoyed it, though the script could have been a bit better. 

Haha, again we differ, I thought the CGI for him was fantastic, not entirely photorealistic, it never would be, but impressive to recreate an actor who's been dead for 20 years nonetheless. I honestly think the last 5 minutes were what made it for me. Opinions seem very divided though.

On 16/12/2016 at 03:51, abigsmurf said:

Spoilers dude!

On 17/12/2016 at 00:44, Blueblur said:

Rogue One.

Or shall I say, Rogue Won! Best since Empire. Very dark. Ending was absolutely thrilling. 

9/10

I'm off to see it next week, really looking forward to it. 

Saw doctor strange last night, very good, even if I had no idea what was going on half the time.

Edited by dkw

• 2 weeks later...

I watch a lot of films in the cinema each year. upwards of 70 for sure. 

I found last year to be better than 2015 but worse than 2014.

anyway I think I only saw one or two great films last year, and maybe five more that were close to greatness.

what I am wondering is if anyone saw the film chronic starring tim roth? ultimately not a great film, nor close to it thanks to a last minute loss of nerve from the director, but the purest cinematic film I think I've seen for a long time. It felt related to lumiere or kuleshov in a strange way- there was a real understanding of the most basic building blocks of film, that I think are often forgotten or taken for granted now. 

It isn't long and I'd recommend it, with qualification, to anyone interested in films. roth plays a nurse who cares for people who are often terminally ill.

• 2 weeks later...