Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Romford Pele

Last Movie You Watched

5,100 posts in this topic

Saw Rogue One last night. I absolutely loved it, especially as big star wars fan, lots of nice subtle homages and throwbacks, and some great new characters

Devil Dog likes this

11 hours ago, RMCM said:

Saw Rogue One last night. I absolutely loved it, especially as big star wars fan, lots of nice subtle homages and throwbacks, and some great new characters

I just saw it, afraid I hated it. Characters completely lacked charisma (can't even remember the two leads name) and most of the team didn't seem to ever actually have a reason to join the mission. Ultimately I just found it boring.

Bad CGI Peter Cushing looked and felt wrong.

went to see episode 7 on opening day, but rouge one, i have no interest at all

from the trailers it looks really meh and predictable, and the reviews are so-so, maybe i'll wait for the bluray

6 hours ago, abigsmurf said:

I just saw it, afraid I hated it. Characters completely lacked charisma (can't even remember the two leads name) and most of the team didn't seem to ever actually have a reason to join the mission. Ultimately I just found it boring.

It's not perfect for sure, but I really enjoyed it, though the script could have been a bit better. 

Haha, again we differ, I thought the CGI for him was fantastic, not entirely photorealistic, it never would be, but impressive to recreate an actor who's been dead for 20 years nonetheless. I honestly think the last 5 minutes were what made it for me. Opinions seem very divided though.

On 16/12/2016 at 03:51, abigsmurf said:

Spoilers dude!

On 17/12/2016 at 00:44, Blueblur said:

Rogue One.

Or shall I say, Rogue Won! Best since Empire. Very dark. Ending was absolutely thrilling. 

9/10

I'm off to see it next week, really looking forward to it. 

Saw doctor strange last night, very good, even if I had no idea what was going on half the time.

Edited by dkw

Watched Ipcress File for the millionth time, I just love atmospheric movies, Ipcress has great replay value. 

g3.7 likes this

Was on a Animated Movie Rampage over the Christmas Period with my Daughter:

Frozen

Despicable Me 1 & 2

Rio 2

Lion King

The Bee Movie

The Polar Express

Went to see Arrival the other night. Much better than Independence Day. Wait, what? :happy001:

I watch a lot of films in the cinema each year. upwards of 70 for sure. 

I found last year to be better than 2015 but worse than 2014.

anyway I think I only saw one or two great films last year, and maybe five more that were close to greatness.

what I am wondering is if anyone saw the film chronic starring tim roth? ultimately not a great film, nor close to it thanks to a last minute loss of nerve from the director, but the purest cinematic film I think I've seen for a long time. It felt related to lumiere or kuleshov in a strange way- there was a real understanding of the most basic building blocks of film, that I think are often forgotten or taken for granted now. 

It isn't long and I'd recommend it, with qualification, to anyone interested in films. roth plays a nurse who cares for people who are often terminally ill.

Watched War Dogs on the weekend, actually a very good film made all the more remarkable its based on a true story and apparently was toned down for the cinema.

Zola and havelschayes like this

8 hours ago, dkw said:

Watched War Dogs on the weekend, actually a very good film made all the more remarkable its based on a true story and apparently was toned down for the cinema.

best part of the movie

jonah hill is the marlon brando of douchebag asshole characters

dkw likes this

La La Land. 

Really great movie. It's basically a love letter to the arts. 

Recommend seeing in the cinema if you can. 

Maybe avoid if musicals and love stories aren't you thing. 

My man crush for Ryan Gosling however grows stronger. 

my 2016 top five

1. tie between moonlight and la la land

2. manchester by the sea

3. silence

4. hacksaw ridge

5. civil war

overall it was a very good year for cinema , definitely better than 2015

Watched Arrivals on the weekend, really enjoyed it, very clever premise though the end seemed a bit rushed.

Maksimov likes this

Dead Man's Shoes is class.

I watched The Party for the first time recently. Peter Sellers stars as a clueless Bollywood star trying to fit in in Hollywood. Very silly and great fun.

luckywerthers likes this