Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Romford Pele

Last Movie You Watched

5,094 posts in this topic

John Wick Part 2

If you liked the first one you'll like this one. 

Stranger Than Fiction

Been meaning to watch it for a long time, it's up on Netflix now, I really enjoyed it. 

The premise is that Will Ferrell is unknowingly the lead character in a novel being written but an author suffering from writers block. One day Ferrell wakes up and can hear the author narrating his life and he learns that she intends to kill of his character which in turn would kill him in real life. Quite a unique concept, definitely recommend it. 

On 5/31/2017 at 00:17, Strider6003 said:

My paternal great grandmother was one of the first women to be treated by Archie after being caught in a bomb blast during the blitz in London in WWII.

I watched the Damned United the other night for the second time about Brian Clough during his Derby and Leeds period. Very enjoyable if you haven't seen it already.

Great film and well cast, from a period when football had some colourful characters.

Recommend 'I Believe in Miracles' if you've not seen it. The story of the glory years at Forest. FM in the real world, probably a story that will never happen again.

Strider6003 likes this

Interesting I hadn't heard of that.

Mentioned to my father about the Dammed Utd film and he said Forest should have won three European titles they were cheated.

Looked up on the net to find that Anderlecht were banned the following season from the European Cup despite winning as they had made a substantial payment to the referee in the final against Forest.

5 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Interesting I hadn't heard of that.

Mentioned to my father about the Dammed Utd film and he said Forest should have won three European titles they were cheated.

Looked up on the net to find that Anderlecht were banned the following season from the European Cup despite winning as they had made a substantial payment to the referee in the final against Forest.

https://123movies.re/movie/watch-i-believe-in-miracles-2015-full-online-free-123movies/

Any science fiction lovers here?

Children of Men

2001 Space Odyssey 

Triangle.

Children of men - good might be almost prophetic if this terror business does not stop.

Alien 1 + 2 + Prometheus

Riddick films.

Outlander

Can't think of any more just now.

Case Closed: Countdown to Heaven

The fifth Detective Conan film, featuring a series of murders and a bomb plot by a sinister organisation. I wish Studio Ghibli would make a Detective Conan film...

On 6/26/2017 at 23:40, Drogba11CFC said:

Case Closed: Countdown to Heaven

The fifth Detective Conan film, featuring a series of murders and a bomb plot by a sinister organisation. I wish Studio Ghibli would make a Detective Conan film...

Is this the one where the killer leaves playing cards on the scene?

Is this the one where the killer leaves playing cards on the scene?

Broken sake cups. Playing cards were in The Fourteenth Target.

Anyone see a Greek film (think it was Greek) it was in Black and White about 10 years ago. Started with a builder who was doing work but did not get paid but was given an entrance ticket to a high stakes competition. He decide to follow up on it and gets involved in some serious shxt.

It was edge of your seat stuff about underground goings on and I don't want to spoil it yet cannot remember the title................

Is Spider-man out now? I'm actually more excited about War of the Planet of the Apes. Matt Reeves is a legend.

I'm also re-watching Three Flavours Cornetto film trilogy in preparations for Baby Driver. Heard only good things about this film.

On 6/21/2017 at 05:44, Strider6003 said:

Children of men - good might be almost prophetic if this terror business does not stop.

Alien 1 + 2 + Prometheus

Riddick films.

Outlander

Glad to see a folk who like Prometheus. I still don't understand the hate. I really enjoyed it.

Strider6003 likes this

It can be hard to find any decent films at the cinema in summer, but It Comes At Night is great. A relatively short, bare-bones horror movie where the tension comes from the characters themselves and their mutual paranoia and distrust.

On 6/20/2017 at 22:44, Strider6003 said:

Alien 1 + 2 + Prometheus

Riddick films.

Outlander

Watched Children of Men a few years. If I hadn't read the book on which the film was based before watching the movie I would have probably enjoyed the film. But have to say the film was a poor adaptation of the book. Book was written by P.D. James (more famous for writing the Adam Dalgleish novels). Agree that the film and the book are very prophetic.  Slightly off subject but another prophetic novel worth reading is The Last Man by Mary Shelley. What an incredible imagination Shelley had. Guess some of that was down to the people she socalised with.

@Boyne I totally agree with you about Children of Men. I was very disappointed in the film. I haven't read Mary Shelley's The Last Man, but will make it a priority. Have you read Percy Shelley's poem Men of England? 

3 hours ago, moi said:

@Boyne I totally agree with you about Children of Men. I was very disappointed in the film. I haven't read Mary Shelley's The Last Man, but will make it a priority. Have you read Percy Shelley's poem Men of England? 

@moi Enjoy The Last Man, it is a wonderful book. I haven't read Men of England. I'll find a copy. 

Spider-Man: Homecoming

It's a good Spidey movie. Not as good as everyone is saying, but Tom Hollander is brilliant as Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Michael Keaton does ok as the Vulture and I thought the script was very sharp. Lot's of laugh out loud moments. They included Iron Man in it just the right amount, not too much. 

I loved the final scene too, and Marisa Tomei as Aunt May...she is so fit.

7/10