Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Romford Pele

Last Movie You Watched

On 4/7/2018 at 00:22, charierre said:

City of God. True story of a photographer growing up in slums of Rio. Good film, subs 8/10

Yeah it's a brilliant film. There was also a TV series (City of Men) that is also pretty good, I remember it being a bit less dark than then the film.

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 00:22, charierre said:

City of God. True story of a photographer growing up in slums of Rio. Good film, subs 8/10

Yeah, I saw it. Good film though not one I would see again. A one-off though sobering at the same time.

Saw 'a quiet place' today with Emily Blunt, billed as a horror film though more just a suspenseful thriller for me. No background just loads of people gone missing and some sort of nasties kills humans if they make noise.

A family is trying to survive and that is where the interest kicks in. Well acted for me and found it enjoyable.

It reminded me a bit of Signs with Mel Gibson though I thought this was much better.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2:

Far better than the first film, which was an unfocused mess, poorly scripted and lacked suspense.

Vol 2 is far more entertaining and funnier, and it looks gorgeous. Drax and Rocket save this film, since Peter Quill is a rubbish protagonist. And the ending was quite sad, though failed a bit due to a lack of build-up between Quill and Yondu in the first place.

I will never understand why Guardians 1 and 2 are loved so much, but Vol 2 gave me a few glimpses as to why, at times, these films make so much money and draw such huge audiences. 

6.5/10

Edited by Blueblur

Avengers: Infinity War (no spoilers) 

Well, it was everything I'd hoped it'd be and more. My hands were sweating throughout and I almost leapt out of my seat on two occasions through sheer joy and horror. 

Infinity War pulls no punches. It's serious. People are mercilessly slaughtered. It's epic. 

Thanos is the most interesting villain I've seen in a comic book movie. He is very well-rounded and has a great amount of screen time. 

Its a very funny film too. A lot of the laughs come from those moronic Guardians and their interaction with Thor. Everyone else is on top form. 

I don't know how the Russo brothers managed to pull off juggling so many charcters successfully (well, almost) and lets everyone have their moment. The action is incredible and the CGI (especially the mo-cap on Josh Brolin's Thanos), is excellent. 

And the ending. WOAH. 

Im going to see it again. 

9/10 

10 hours ago, Blueblur said:

Avengers: Infinity War (no spoilers) 

Well, it was everything I'd hoped it'd be and more. My hands were sweating throughout and I almost leapt out of my seat on two occasions through sheer joy and horror. 

Infinity War pulls no punches. It's serious. People are mercilessly slaughtered. It's epic. 

Thanos is the most interesting villain I've seen in a comic book movie. He is very well-rounded and has a great amount of screen time. 

Its a very funny film too. A lot of the laughs come from those moronic Guardians and their interaction with Thor. Everyone else is on top form. 

I don't know how the Russo brothers managed to pull off juggling so many charcters successfully (well, almost) and lets everyone have their moment. The action is incredible and the CGI (especially the mo-cap on Josh Brolin's Thanos), is excellent. 

And the ending. WOAH. 

Im going to see it again. 

9/10 

Perfectly on the mark. It was what I expected and far more. 

Its literally got everything:

1. Great action sequences

2. A "villian" with a motive and a proper story arc rather than a power hungry ravager that we normally see. Thanos' arc is what makes this movie. It is actually Thanos' movie. Rest seem like bit part.

3. The comedy was spot on and in places needed.

4. Continuity was great throughout the movie

5. Spiderman's last scene with Stark was epic.

One particular greivance I have with the movie is:

1. How maw owned strange. Strange is kick ass and can literally go toe to toe with the likes of dormamu and thanos (sans the gauntlet). Maw on the other hand is just sh*t. The way Maw man handled strange was well... way too strange for me.

2. In today's day and age, we already know what movies are coming out after avengers 4. So no way does what happen in the end stick. Which would kinda make this movie redundant in the long run 

Edited by didierforever

Watched a couple of decent films this weekend. 

Annihilation 9/10 

Really interesting, unique sci fi film. Slow start but a pulsating and unnerving end. 

A Quiet Place 8/10

A modern day take on tremors, full of suspense, both worth a watch.

13 minutes ago, big blue said:

Watched a couple of decent films this weekend. 

Annihilation 9/10 

Really interesting, unique sci fi film. Slow start but a pulsating and unnerving end. 

A Quiet Place 8/10

A modern day take on tremors, full of suspense, both worth a watch.

Seen 'quiet place' a couple of weeks back, enjoyed it though think logically a few flaws in it.

10 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Seen 'quiet place' a couple of weeks back, enjoyed it though think logically a few flaws in it.

Yeah I thought so too, like why don't they just go and live by the bloody river? I guess if they did that it would make for a very boring film. I quite enjoyed it though.

10 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I thought that too. You would think someone wouldve figured out their weakness pretty quickly, since it was so easy to draw them in.