Lofty's Wall of Sound - What are you listening to?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Cliff Richard The Rock 'n' Roll Years 1958-1963 [box set]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Roll-Years-19...7442&sr=1-3

anyone who thinks cliff richard is all about crap xmas songs should listen to this. it'll be a revelation, this is proper rock & roll. elvis who?

i've just checked that amazon link and there are 3 copies on sale used & new. the cheapest is £94.99 all the way up to £200!!

• 4 weeks later...
My favourite African musician by far was Lucky Dube, a brilliant reggae artist from South Africa. He was heavily influenced by Peter Tosh, and tragically he ended up murdered just like his hero.

I always liked Osibisa (actually saw them on Hastings Pier)

Nowadays Tinariwen have my ear

I can't say I've even heard of it...

It's an old film - from late fifties? It has no words, so no problem understanding it (not that you would have anyway")

If you google it, it's on youtube - it was made in 1956 - you can watch it all.

Edited by moi

I just Wikipedia'd it, and it won a few Oscars, so it must be good. I'll have a look around for it! Any reason why you brought it up?

DOH! Because of the red balloons in the Rufus Wainwright video you posted! It's a bit "borrowed" from the classic film.

Just resumed converting my cassettes & vinyl to iTunes again. I haven't played the entire albums, but these are the latest I've done: -

The Animals - The Animals

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Queen - Sheer Heart Attack

John Lennon - Rock'n'Roll

Gary Moore/Colisseum II - Streets And Walkways

Scorpions - Animal Magnetism

Saxon - Crusader

Jimmy Page & Robert Plant - No Quarter

plus, last but certainly not least,

Various Artists - Blues Roots: - British R'n'B

which includes tracks by The Graham Bond Organisation, Them, Dave Berry, Zoot Money, Chris Farlowe, Alexis Korner with Cyril Davies, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, The Small Faces, The Zombies, and more