Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Welcome to The Shed End - Unofficial Chelsea FC Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NOT GUILTY

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

clubhappy

clubhappy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Talk sh*te

Jason Cundy said..

"Does this show clubs can just appeal against anything, with all their
money and no one has a chance once they appeal"

Toss.r............!!

Surprised at Cundy saying that.

Still, after a piss poor week its a boost for us all.

geezer

geezer

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Outcome was never in doubt as there wasn't a case to answer in the first place. The football authorities should hang their heads in shame for trying to implement the ban in the first place but the person I feel sorry for most is Gael Kakuta who was wrongly banned from playing the game altogether and lost about two monthjs of this season as a result. If anyone is to pay for this then he more than anyone should be the one to take the authorities to the cleaners.

Mikstaw

Mikstaw

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
GREAT NEWS! :P Now I would like to see Pato in a Blue Shirt of Chelsea!!!!! ::ChELSeAFaN::

BrewCrew

BrewCrew

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

GREAT NEWS! ::ChELSeAFaN:: Now I would like to see Pato in a Blue Shirt of Chelsea!!!!! ::ChELSeAFaN::

I agree. Go for Pato! Better than Aguero and would be much better fit for the Premier League

just

just

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

Mon Dieu! How badly will Monsieur P and Herr P be seething at this?

If they weren't out to get us before, (and we all know they were), they'll be doubling their efforts now.

Put the tin helmets on boys. I can see more Frisks and Ovrebos coming over the hill.

Edited by just, 04 February 2010 - 07:48 PM.

mimilee

mimilee

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPip
Good. So, we got the obvious, no contract, therefore, not breaking it.

Now tell me, Monsier Blatter and Monsier Platini, what's the next set up?

SydneyChelsea

SydneyChelsea

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

So how long do we need to wait for an apology from FIFA.

I say we sue FIFA for defamation of character

Unfortunately, when registering with FIFA (and any other football governance body) it is a condition of registration that you cannot take any legal action against the body. We would be expelled from professional football if we were to do so.

german-blue

german-blue

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
::ChELSeAFaN::

I guess now we all know why nobody got signed in Jan.

what a big big fail that was of the UEFA/FIFA.

f**king idiots..

bluevale2

bluevale2

In the Ressies

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Mon Dieu! How badly will Monsieur P and Herr P be seething at this?

If they weren't out to get us before, (and we all know they were), they'll be doubling their efforts now.

Put the tin helmets on boys. I can see more Frisks and Ovrebos coming over the hill.

Oh Yes! and they will start asap, so expect something controversial against Inter. They won't leave it till the later stages his year.

jcm28

jcm28

In the Ressies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Chelsea ready to move for Aguero and Ribery?

http://soccernet.esp...d...and&cc=3888

Ruh Buh Juh

Ruh Buh Juh

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Chelsea ready to move for Aguero and Ribery?

http://soccernet.esp...d...and&cc=3888

So a matter of hours after the ban is lifted, Abra has immediately revealed that we'll spend £200 million this summer? Somehow, I don't think so.

The Machine

The Machine

On the Bench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
I am absolutely delighted about this piece of news ::ChELSeAFaN::

jcm28

jcm28

In the Ressies

• Members
  • PipPipPip

So a matter of hours after the ban is lifted, Abra has immediately revealed that we'll spend £200 million this summer? Somehow, I don't think so.

Yeah I don't really think those news are true but at least we are still getting linked to aguero. It gives us hope. ::ChELSeAFaN::

aliboy66

aliboy66

On the Bench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Maybe that's way Ancelotti did not buy in this transfer window because he new? all the time what the outcome was going to be. ::ChELSeAFaN:: ::ChELSeAFaN:: ::clap2::

Spiller86

Spiller86

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

The system works... Haha, take that Platini, Blatter and media.

abramovich

abramovich

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
One question. If we are innocent, why did we end up paying three times the original fee? WTF?

http://www.timesonli...icle7015885.ece

Chelsea free to buy as transfer ban lifted after £2.6m deal for Gael Kakuta

Chelsea were breathing a sigh of relief last night after reaching a settlement with Lens over the controversial transfer of Gaël Kakuta. The club have had their transfer ban lifted by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) after agreeing to pay compensation to Lens for signing the French teenager.

Chelsea hailed the ruling as a victory that vindicated their behaviour throughout the entire affair, but it came at a cost. It is understood that they have agreed to pay Lens £2.6 million, more than three times the fine imposed by Fifa, the world governing body, last year.

After the original hearing last September, Fifa ordered Chelsea to pay £113,000 to Lens, fined Kakuta £680,000, which was picked up by the club, for breaching his contract, and banned the 18-year-old from all football for four months.

Chelsea have concluded that the increased compensation package is a price worth paying, because they will now be permitted to sign players during the summer transfer window and Kakuta can resume his promising career. The settlement is also half the £5 million the club paid Leeds United four years ago after being accused of making illegal approaches to Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo — who has since moved to Carlisle United — teenagers who have made considerably less impact at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea can also claim the moral high ground, after a statement released by the CAS yesterday acknowledged that Kakuta did not have a contract with Lens to breach.

Of greater significance is the reprieve for Frank Arnesen, the club’s sporting director, who was under pressure internally for orchestrating the transfer, but has now been absolved of any blame. The Dane has also developed a close relationship with Carlo Ancelotti, the Chelsea manager, and is likely to stay in his post.

“The Court of Arbitration for Sport has issued an award today ratifying the agreement reached by Chelsea FC, Racing Club de Lens and the French football player, Gaël Kakuta, putting an end to this arbitration procedure which also involved Fifa,” a statement from Lausanne, Switzerland, read yesterday. “The CAS has noted that, in the agreement, the two clubs and the player have recognised that the contract between the player and RC Lens was not valid.

“Accordingly, the player could not have terminated it prematurely and without just cause and FC Chelsea cannot therefore be liable for inducing a breach of contract. As a consequence, in light of these new circumstances, the sanctions imposed upon Chelsea FC and the player by the Fifa Dispute Resolution Chamber had to be lifted.”

Ron Gourlay, the Chelsea chief executive, said that the club had been cleared of any wrongdoing, while Bruce Buck, the chairman, even suggested that as a result of the agreement they will be able to work together with Lens in the future.

“We are pleased to have come to an amicable resolution of the matter that has been ratified by CAS and recognised by Fifa,” Buck said. “It was always our intention to work together with Lens to reach this end, and both clubs have strengthened their relationship as a result of resolving this case to everyone’s satisfaction.”

Chelsea have been negotiating with Lens behind the scenes for some time and were always confident of reaching an agreement, which explains their failure to sign any new players during last month’s transfer window. The club are unlikely to be as restrained in the summer, however, and will focus their attention once more on longstanding targets such as Sergio Agüero and Franck Ribéry.

Chelsea’s renewed ability to make signings may have an impact on players already at the club, who could now be sold to make way for newcomers. The club’s refusal to cave in to Joe Cole’s wage demands has also been vindicated, for his negotiating position has been weakened considerably because his employers are now free to sign a potential replacement.

SydneyChelsea

SydneyChelsea

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Actually if the Times journalist had any sort of intelligence, he would realise it was more than 20x the original fine of 116,000.

Kakuta's fine was a personal fine which the club paid on his behalf. The fines were little to do with compensation and were punishments.

I am not normally a person who cries conspiracy, but the sheer idiocy of journalists over this matter is something else. Chelsea are, despite my initial doubts, innocent, and the media is twisting the facts to imply underhand dealings by phrasing the decision as a "settlement".

terraloon

terraloon

In the Ressies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Donator

Heres the relevant bit from the clubs statemnet

'In an act of good faith and with a view to the possibility of future collaboration with Lens, and without recognising any liability, Chelsea has agreed to pay compensation costs for the training given to the player while at Lens, as mandated by FIFA in its original ruling.'

I accept figures arent mentioned and may be clever wording but it seems to suggest that the sums paid are as per the orginal ruling

mad_mac

mad_mac

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

Isn't 200 million the number that they always seem to associate with us?

Feel sorry that Kakuta was banned from playing, can we get compensation retrospectivey?

The applause must also go to the club for playing this very well and not panic buying in the january transfer!!!

Backbiter

Backbiter

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

That Times figure of £2.6m seems to be totally made up. Every other paper says we are paying what FIFA told us to pay (£793 000 in the Independent).
This bit in the Indie is just staggering, given what FIFA convicted us of:
http://www.independe...an-1889990.html

Kakuta's original club Lens saw their case fall apart when they could not produce the professional contract that would have given them a claim over the France youth international, now 18.

I argued on here a few weeks ago that I didn't see how Kakuta had a valid contract at all, having read up on the FFF site all about youth 'contracts' in France. FIFA clearly did zero research, didn't ask to see the documents, and found us guilty, leading to our reputation being further undermined. It wasn't enough for UEFA to call us the enemy of football for making true claims about what happened at the Nou Camp. This is just beyond belief.