Oh No, what's happening to the forum CLICK HERE

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Castiel

Torres Leaving L'Pool

I keep running into rumours of Chelsea, Citeh and Barca being the contenders in a Torres bid at the end of this season. I'm pretty sure that his future at Liverpool is diminishing as he specifically came to the EPL for trophies and picked the wrong club. :( But the question is, would it be worth pitting our money against City and Barca, and probably Real too since they panic and jump on anything Barca looks at these days.

To me he's a class act and has been horribly mismanaged and rushed back without recovery time which has hurt his performances - but would he work well in our squad? Are we better off looking elsewhere and most importantly, is he the missing X factor we've been looking for since we discovered we were secretly obscenely rich around the time Roman showed up? :)

Not a f**king chance. Wasnt sure when he was in his prime a few years ago, definitely dont want him now.

I don't want him either, he's far far far too injury prone, but you can't deny a Drogba/Torres partnership could be incredible.

I think Liverpool's management of him exasperates his injury problems. Because they have no backup for him, they're forced to rush him back into action after every knock he takes which just makes things even worse. Man United find themselves in the same situation with Rooney this season (Who is a tough kid), and its probably why we're on top going into the final match. We have more depth than both of them and aren't walking around wondering what to do when Drogba isn't with us. For those reasons I don't think its fair to write him off because of his injury history which is largely Liverpool's own fault.

I don't want him either, he's far far far too injury prone, but you can't deny a Drogba/Torres partnership could be incredible.

If fully fit and actually committed to the team (which he is neither at the moment) then yeah, definitely. but they way he has acted this season shows me he is not able to fight for his team, same as robben was like in his last season with us.

If fully fit and actually committed to the team (which he is neither at the moment) then yeah, definitely. but they way he has acted this season shows me he is not able to fight for his team, same as robben was like in his last season with us.

Fair point, can't disagree with that.

yep - spot on - Robben was great when he was in the mood..

Fair point, can't disagree with that.

And the most amazing thing is the dippers are still backing him and not a single one has questioned him this season. every game ive seen him in he`s spent more time on his arse begging for free kicks and just wandering around looking completely uninterested.

And the most amazing thing is the dippers are still backing him and not a single one has questioned him this season. every game ive seen him in he`s spent more time on his arse begging for free kicks and just wandering around looking completely uninterested.

They're used to that from Gerrard, so tend to not be bothered by it.

They would never sell him to us as they still consider us rivals for the title. If he went it would either be to a ridiculous bid from citeh or to Barca (who apprently seem more interested in Villa anyway)

the mail are saying we have started talks over £70m deal

£70m? Are we suddenly Real Madrid now? Even City can't be as daft as to pay £70mil for an injury prone player like Torres.

don't get me wrong, he's quality when fit, but i don't think it will happen and I'm not sure he's what we need

I'm not sure he is exactly what we need especially at the quoted fees but given an actual choice I wouldn't say no to a world class striker who's only 26 and is a proven quality in premierleague.

I'd definitely take him. World class striker, and we could man him up at Chelsea. I'm not sure where he'd fit in a 4-3-3 if we also have Drogba, mind... I wouldn't take him at any more than £35m though, because of the injuries, but that price is unrealistic.

Even the Mancs are talking about it now... http://www.redcafe.net/f9/fernando-torres-295052/

I think the ridiculous figures being quotes are a direct result of the recent market inflation which is starting to get out of hand. The only good news is, Roman is happy to fund the occasional "must have" signing if it became available and our remaining domestic rivals (United and Arsenal) just can't compete with these figures where we can. Also, City is taking the reputation of "buying trophies" away from us.

Though I'm bringing myself to support Spuds tomorrow because I'd hate to see what madness overcomes City in the summer transfer if they get Champions League football.

Even as a Yank who has little mainstream coverage of football, I still feel like Torres and Gerrard are Pool next season.