Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ethicalstrategy

Browsing at (on) your convenience

Inspired by Sky's constant reminders that you can consume their product in 40 different ways, all at the expense of a large dent in your wallet, I thought a recap of how you can get your daily dose of Shed End was in order.

Hopefully everyone has mastered the ability to load up their web browser on the PC/Mac and navigate to the site. If not then we have a big problem!

But, if you have ventured in to the dark world of mobile access then you have some other options.

Mobile Browser

First up, if your smartphone has web access you can use the normal web address and your phone should recognise that you are on a phone and present you with a nicely customised mobile layout. This is a much more enjoyable experience than trying to use the full website.

Apps

If you use an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch then you can download an app called IP.Board Communities which will let you access the forum. It gives you almost exactly the same experience as the mobile web interface but is a bit quicker and smoother depending on your connection speed and is a free download.

The latest option which Mod has just implemented is using an app called Tapatalk which is available on most mobile platforms, including iOS, android and blackberry. This is very customisable and particularly useful if you visit a number of forums regularly. There are both free and paid versions of this app depending on what platform you use. More details are available by following the link. Find us by searching "shed end".

Social Networks

Don't forget that we also have a Facebook page, a twitter feed @TheShedEndForum and a Youtube channel

Let us know if you have any questions, comments or other ways or ideas for keeping up with the best Chelsea FC site on the web!

Eth, I just got a Samsung Galaxy tab and was wondering if the app would work on that also.

Should do. I'm not an expert, but I think most android marketplace apps will work on tablets. It won't look any different to how it is on any android phone though until they make a tablet version.

Give it a try.

I'd be interested to hear what you think about the Tab. I've had a little play with it in the shops. I've got an iPad which is very good but also quite big. I like the look of the HTC Flyer which is due out soon and which is 7 inches. I'm very tempted to give that a go.

Should do. I'm not an expert, but I think most android marketplace apps will work on tablets. It won't look any different to how it is on any android phone though until they make a tablet version.

Give it a try.

I'd be interested to hear what you think about the Tab. I've had a little play with it in the shops. I've got an iPad which is very good but also quite big. I like the look of the HTC Flyer which is due out soon and which is 7 inches. I'm very tempted to give that a go.

Been very impressed so far, very smooth OS and very easy to use. Only thing ive found lacking so far is it doesnt have a USB port, but I can get round that. I was loathe to get an iPad because of the flash thing and your restricted to what Apple allows you, also it was about £100 more expensive. I would hang fire thoug if I was you, that HTC looks impressive and the Motorola one looks good too. I only bought this as my mate got it free with a mobile upgrade and has an iPad, got it for £150 off him.

The version of Tapatalk for Android is here http://www.tapatalk.com/mobile.php#android and is $2.99 for the pro version.

Other than that, it might be best to stick with the default mobile version of the site that your handset should pick up automatically.

Mod, what does tapatalk do exactly? Ive installed a few apps that say they are optomised for it so will probably give it a go.

I'm not really too sure mate, Eth thought it would be good to add. I think its just another version which deflates the forum into a mobile version. I've just stayed with the default mobile version when on handset as the Blackberry Tapatalk doesn't seem to work for me.

sorry if these qs are stupid...but....how do the annonomous get to view the boards.....who comes under the GUEST heading....

When you log in, you can choose to log in anonymously by ticking the "Sign in anonymously" box on the log in page. If you do that, you're not added to the active users list and will show up as anonymous in the threads you visit. Some threads can be browsed even if you're not logged in and I assume those people appear as guests in those threads.

New site looks very slick on the iPhone, but it doesn't seem possible to easily view the last page of a topic? Having to flick through 15 pages of Lukaku chat from mid last year to get to the new stuff! Mod/Loz I'm sure you're probably on this already but thought I'd mention just in case.