Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

20 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

But we aren't linked with the one we should be which is Kylian Mbappe. I feel sorry for the France manager when he has to pick the next world cup squad.

I wish England would have this problem. Our brightest up and coming players are players like John Stones :face_palm: 

France always seem to bring through a whole bunch of new talent just at the right time. Once one generation of French players are done with, a new generation of high quality players spring out of nowhere.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/2/23/14708484/chelsea-fc-aleix-vidal-barcelona-transfer-rumour-report

Aleix Vidal, anyone?

He seemed to do well for Sevilla but has barely featured for Barca, mainly due to their transfer ban and injuries. He might be worth a punt to rotate with Moses but I wouldn't spend tons of money on him.

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/5/2017 at 10:07, IliyaKrostin said:

Has anyone been watching Koulibaly this season?  Looks nothing like the defender of last season

for me, signings in the summer to take us to another level would be: 

sidibe (looks very promising) 

bernardo silva 

nainggolan 

i don't think we need more central defenders with christensen returning. 

those signings will be extremely difficult though, but if we pulled them off i believe we'd be able to genuinely challenge on all fronts. 

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Two serious knee injuries finished him. It's hard enough recovering once from this injury but to do it twice in your late 20's is asking a lot. The same thing happened to Joe Cole.

Wrecked Falcao's career as well. Let's hope that Zouma follows Azpi in making a 100% recovery from a serious knee injury.

1 minute ago, Backbiter said:

Wrecked Falcao's career as well. Let's hope that Zouma follows Azpi in making a 100% recovery from a serious knee injury.

If there is a best time in your career to get this injury then it's in your early 20's. Not many seem to recover when they get this injury in what is supposed to be their peak years.

I see we're in the running for both Lukaku and Barkley. I'd take both. Barkley would be great with Kante doing a bit of cover for him and he wouldn't be required to do so much going forward with what we have. He's an upgrade on Matic going forward and not much worse defensively. Unlike Matic he actually seems to be a good header of the ball as well in addition to his physical presence. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-plot-transfer-raid-monacos-10051354

For those of us clamoring for a couple of monaco's star players. Although £12m for mend,  and £28m for silva seems to be prices pulled up from 10 years ago.

Mendy only moved to Monaco last summer for £11m, I'm sure his stock has at least doubled this season.

Luke Shaw wants to leave Man United, with Stoke, Crystal Palace and Newcastle keen to sign the 21-year-old left-back. (Daily Star)

Chelsea fan, young and has the potential to be world class. Surely should be looking at him if he becomes available. 

17 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Luke Shaw wants to leave Man United, with Stoke, Crystal Palace and Newcastle keen to sign the 21-year-old left-back. (Daily Star)

Chelsea fan, young and has the potential to be world class. Surely should be looking at him if he becomes available. 

Unsure, hasn't seemed the same player since that injury, I think he'd be well behind Alonso. Best for him to go to a lower team and if he performs well for a season or two, go back and grab him then, even if it'll cost a bit more

We do need another LWB and RWB, as Alonso and Moses won't be enough to challenge on all fronts next year, with the extra european games. I'd defintely have Shaw, but it would depend on the price.