Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

33 minutes ago, old git said:

I quite like Rondon! I'm of the opinion that their are certain players in the Premier League, that play for certain clubs that are definitely holding them back. Rondon is one of them. Playing for a mundane team with a static midfield like West Brom, how's he going to get good service? Another one is Jordan Ayew of Swansea. Definitely deserves to be in a better team than that mob. 

Somewhat agree about players being held back.....but is he really CFC quality?...mind you it appears anyone over 6'+ will do it seems. Its like we are clutching at straws.  I just can't get my head around all these players being named that are apparently linked with us that we consider average or below average when we play against them.

1 hour ago, old git said:

I quite like Rondon! I'm of the opinion that their are certain players in the Premier League, that play for certain clubs that are definitely holding them back. Rondon is one of them. Playing for a mundane team with a static midfield like West Brom, how's he going to get good service? Another one is Jordan Ayew of Swansea. Definitely deserves to be in a better team than that mob. 

So he’d be sh*t here too!

2 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

Somewhat agree about players being held back.....but is he really CFC quality?...mind you it appears anyone over 6'+ will do it seems. Its like we are clutching at straws.  I just can't get my head around all these players being named that are apparently linked with us that we consider average or below average when we play against them.

The Crouch and Carroll rumours were total bollocks to me, thought up by some hack who had nothing better to do. Then the other sheep followed suit. Losing out to players going to City and United is the nauseating reality at the moment. Both seem to have unlimited resources while Liverpool have always been a 'glamour name' to the rest of the world. We're scraping around in the second tier of the buyer's market, at the moment. We had our time in the sun, when Roman arrived and, in my opinion, Conte performed a minor miracle last season with a bang average squad. The top echelon of players available knew that and gave us the swerve for the safe options. They all want to win the Champions League so, whether we like it or not, they won't be banging our door down.

10 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Harsh but fair. He might be slightly better playing with Hazard but when we constantly have 7/8 defensive outfield players there’s not much else going on. 

We do not constantly have that many defensive outfield players. A defensive mindset or gameplan? Often. 8 out of 9 players defensive? I cant recall that ever happening. 

Not a rumour as we're stocked for right backs (just not good ones).  I've been watching Sociedad tonight. Odriozola the young right wing back is a great player. Reminds me of Dave but with more attacking spark. Superb movement, particularly great at finding that run between centre and right back. Shame we wasted our money on Zappacosta. 

9 hours ago, BordeauxBlue said:

The Crouch story was likely rubbish but the interest in Caroll was genuine - had he not had a three month plus injury it might have gone further.

Carroll spends more time on the treatment table than on the pitch nowadays. If the board WERE genuine in their interest, who's advising them to go down this particular road? Coco the clown? Beyond me

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

Not a rumour as we're stocked for right backs (just not good ones).  I've been watching Sociedad tonight. Odriozola the young right wing back is a great player. Reminds me of Dave but with more attacking spark. Superb movement, particularly great at finding that run between centre and right back. Shame we wasted our money on Zappacosta. 

Yes and that young full back of Norwich's, Jamal Lewis caught my eye. Good skill and pace.

11 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Who Conte wanted

Crazy how Manchester City who have the least of problems in the PL are already finalising a new big signing. Meanwhile, the speculation on Chelsea is that we are going backwards & forwards on mediocre players. Even if you don't believe the Carroll, Crouch & Dzeko rumours, it's pretty feasible to believe that there were some interest or enquiries made on our part. 

We should have had a LWB wrapped up right away, it doesn't seem like we are getting anywhere. It's looking like we put all of our eggs in one basket with Bakayoko & Drinkwater, very disappointing if so. 

8 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Danilo looks awful for City, Zappacosta actually looks better. Conte still wanted Zappacosta though.

Even if his end product is normally pretty poor, I have to admit, he's not looked too bad defensively. Of course it helps quite a bit he normally has Azpi directly behind him on the pitch. 

PNE FC's Jordan Hugill is apparently on his way to Chelsea today for a medical.

Peter Ridsdale is accompanying as he is concluding business at Oxford for Ledson in the next 24hrs.

Hugill is seen as a quality Target man able to hold up the ball and put the ball in the net.

10 goals this year so far in the championship and has a good track record in front of goal.

Supposed £12million deal.

Some might be disappointed however he is capable and with a team like Chelsea, Hugill could be very special given time to perform and improve.

The news rags ran with Crystal Palace as they are aware of a London club being interested, it is being reported on the news vines in the USA that it is actually Chelsea in for him.

Take it with a pinch of salt as many will think he isn't good enough.

Moving to palace would be a sideways step as they're not much bigger than Preston.

Sounds ambitious but I think we could get either Kovacic or Rakitic if we put in the right funds. Rakitic hasn't had the last two seasons for Barcelona but he's no doubt one of the best creative central midfielders in the world still, might fancy a trip abroad. 

As for Kovacic there's a lot of links of him going to other clubs, looks a talent and Madrid don't appear to be that interested in pushing him.