Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Money

Random Rumours

8,604 posts in this topic

Ok, I don't know how much you watch Real Madrid, but neither Kroos nor Modric are anything more than average at defending. Madrid dominate the ball, so Modric and Kroos generally aren't required to put a foot in. The only player currently playing who matches your description of a defensively solid deep playmaker is Xabi Alonso, but he's about 70 years old. Pogba is not coming to Chelsea, nor is Kroos, Modric or Koke. If we wanted a central midfielder with defensive ability as well as a good passing range, we should have looked at Pjanic or Krychowiak, but they both went for big money this summer, we failed to get Nainggolan. There are not many world class players in that position under the age of 25. We're better off sticking with what we have and developing Chalobah, Ake and Loftus Cheek, any one of those three could go on to be exactly what we are looking for if they are given time to develop. This 'buy buy buy' galactico mindset does not work. Look at United. A 500 million quid squad consolidating 6th place 

PedroMendez likes this

48 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Recalling ake tells me no joy at finding defensive cover in the market 

Or, alternatively, it tells me the club saw good value in recalling a player we already own that can (hopefully) perform to the required level without needlessly having to spend money on a position where we already have a lot of options and will have more come the summer should Christensen, as expected, return to the club.

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Or, alternatively, it tells me the club saw good value in recalling a player we already own that can (hopefully) perform to the required level without needlessly having to spend money on a position where we already have a lot of options and will have more come the summer should Christensen, as expected, return to the club.

Perhaps but I think ideally we are looking at some strong starting options rather than cover, AKE doesn't make the first 11 without injury or suspension, I would guess they are holding out until summer

brownindian likes this

38 minutes ago, enigma said:

I like Hector, looks more agile that alonso, definitely quicker, decent passing and crossing, I quite like what I've seen, also Bakayoko would be a monster signing, I think he has what it takes to be a world class CM, these 2 improve our Squad, would be a great January if we landed them both. 

RMCM, sorry but disagree with you. Especially for Modric na Kroos. They both are great in defence and Real Madrid use high press. Modric was always been a drudge footballer. Both in Tothenam and now in Real. Same goes for Kroos in Bayern and now in Real.

In a lot of matches Real play whitout defensive midfielder and they both are on the pitch.

And i mention their name for example of the player we need, not that we are going to buy some of them ....

And sorry, but in this 3 position we need top class players.

The names you mention may become good players, but maybe not you know ... Central midfielder are key position and you need world class there.

Edited by brakeit

9 hours ago, brakeit said:

Of course its not going to be exactly the same, but there is a lot of such players out there.

RMCM, i also mention 3 guys, who is equally good in both terms. Pogba, past Shwaini, Xabi, Toure.

I can name you, a lot of similar players. Busquets for example, Also Toni Kroos. He is a great playmaker and yet very good in defence. Luka Modric as well. Koke also. There is a lot more, plenty .....

None of these players fit what you described. Literally none of them. Quite a few of them arent any good box to box either and are dependent on protection of either a DM or a more productive passer next to them.

I dont think anyone will disagree that we need a dynamic box to box player though

4 hours ago, enigma said:

Not signed in

Too many prospect. I don't we need that much player but I like Michail Antonio.

2 hours ago, Xfaxtor said:

None of these players fit what you described. Literally none of them. Quite a few of them arent any good box to box either and are dependent on protection of either a DM or a more productive passer next to them.

I dont think anyone will disagree that we need a dynamic box to box player though

Not fit what? Every one of them can build the game and they contribute high in defence. There is a reason Barcelona sell Fabregas, not to mention on what position they use him mostly. And they get Rakitic, and he is the similar type of player i forget to mention.

Apparently we've made a bid for Hakan Calhanoglu... Please let this happen!!! He's always been one of my favourite players, and he's the master at free kicks! I never thought I'd see us going after him.

Fingers crossed this comes true! Just look at his crazy free kicks!

On 01/03/2017 at 19:29, havelschayes said:

jose would rather drag his balls through shattered glass...

Listening to his press conferences this season, it often sounds like he's been doing just that.

I love Calhanoglu, but he doesn't really fit in our formation does he? He plays fairly high up the pitch for Bayer, not sure if he can adapt his game to a deeper more box to box role. 

2 hours ago, RMCM said:

I love Calhanoglu, but he doesn't really fit in our formation does he? He plays fairly high up the pitch for Bayer, not sure if he can adapt his game to a deeper more box to box role. 

Would be a huge waste to have him play that deep, much better fit as one of the two behind Costa

2 hours ago, Xfaxtor said:

Would be a huge waste to have him play that deep, much better fit as one of the two behind Costa

I agree, but he's not as good as Willian or Pedro, I know he's only young of course, but he'd be third choice for their position. 

26 minutes ago, RMCM said:

I agree, but he's not as good as Willian or Pedro, I know he's only young of course, but he'd be third choice for their position. 

As of now youre probably right

To be fair if we take out goals from Pedro game, there isn`t much anything else, h? And he is so inconsistent. Pedro score some goals, but thats all from him. In a lot of matches, its like he lose himself and missing from the game in long period, and you are like, where the **** is Pedro, did they subs him ? Oh wait he is still on the pitch, but disappear for 50 minutes ...

And against Totenham he was our worst player by mile. He lacks physique, and stronger player then him(and they are a lot) take him the ball too easy. He just drop on the grass and look at the referee. But that`s not La Liga and the club is not Ueflalona ....

So Hakan could be very useful on Pedro/Willian position.

I also hope this transfer happen.

9 hours ago, brakeit said:

To be fair if we take out goals from Pedro game, there isn`t much anything else, h? And he is so inconsistent. Pedro score some goals, but thats all from him. In a lot of matches, its like he lose himself and missing from the game in long period, and you are like, where the **** is Pedro, did they subs him ? Oh wait he is still on the pitch, but disappear for 50 minutes ...

And against Totenham he was our worst player by mile. He lacks physique, and stronger player then him(and they are a lot) take him the ball too easy. He just drop on the grass and look at the referee. But that`s not La Liga and the club is not Ueflalona ....

So Hakan could be very useful on Pedro/Willian position.

I also hope this transfer happen.

It's a good thing then that his job in the team is to score goals isn't it? The sign of a quality player is being able to not have a great game but still score a goal when it really matters. Every player can go missing in games. Calhanoglu has 5 goals and 6 assists in 1410 minutes this year, Pedro has 6 goals and 7 assists in 1218 minutes in a harder league, although in a better team. I'm not against signing him at all, but he is not an upgrade on Pedro or Willian. His free kicks are delicious though. 

Chelsbear likes this

Would be nice to have a world class free kick taker again though.

We've not had a decent free kick taker since Lampard/Drogba. Perhaps Alonso will be the answer, I thought we finally found ourselves one in Willian but he hasn't scored any yet this season has he? Why doesn't Hazard take free kicks? Last time I remember him taking one he scored, against Man City

1 minute ago, dansubrosa said:

While we are on that, Bilic has just confirmed Payet has asked to leave the club and is refusing to play another game for them. Will not be involved against Palace this weekend.

Don't think we are going to buy him but maybe something its worth keeping an eye on

jack_super_class likes this

10 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

We've not had a decent free kick taker since Lampard/Drogba. Perhaps Alonso will be the answer, I thought we finally found ourselves one in Willian but he hasn't scored any yet this season has he? Why doesn't Hazard take free kicks? Last time I remember him taking one he scored, against Man City

Tbf that was a shocking free kick, keeper should have saved that with his eyes closed.