Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Money

Random Rumours

8,291 posts in this topic
Just now, JM7 said:

So over a week left until the window closes and there's no links to anyone really. 

Got to feel abit sorry for Conte, 2 windows and he's only signed Luiz and Alonso who have first 11 starters. 

If he manages to win the league, he should be given a knighhood

You forgot about a certain Kante.

Expected us to land some deals in january myself but maybe the club and Conte feel like they can take this squad to the league title as it is and then go all out in the summer for proper world class reinforcements. We will certainly have some money available.

January is rarely a good time to purchase reinforcements, you get a lot less value for money and top players are rarely available. Would be happy to wait untill summer 

Im glad we havent bought for the sake of it. It will hopefully give the likes of ake, chalobah, rlc, and musonda, a chance to earn the managers trust and be a bigger part of the 1st team going next season. 

RIP Mourinho likes this

I think we are doing the right thing, until the big player becomes available, there's no point signing a squad player just for the sake of it. It's amazing City hasn't signed a defender, but maybe that's just how it is in January, even they have problems buying.

Our squad next year will have no more youth in it, than what we have now.  Nailed on.  There is zero chance the club or Conte are going to favour promoting a youth product over bringing in marquee names, especially with Europe looking back on the agenda. Zilch

January is going to end, I expect us to get a big name. Our squad looks good, but another improvement would be fantastic to us. I want us to win the title this year!

I can't believe that nobody has tried to get Seamus Coleman off Everton over the years. I think he's a top wing back and would be perfect for our system. He's been playing below his level for some time now in my opinion.

RMCM likes this

If we're going to look at transfers in the summer i'd consider raiding Ligue 1. We've a lot of luck with players from that league over the years with Drogba, Cech, Essien, Malouda and more recently Zouma and Hazard. Lyon and Monaco have a plethora of talent i wouldn't mind snatching up at a reasonable price in summer.

Brutos likes this

On 1/23/2017 at 23:36, Xfaxtor said:

January is rarely a good time to purchase reinforcements, you get a lot less value for money and top players are rarely available. Would be happy to wait untill summer 

Ditto. Our line up, why fix it when it's not broken.