Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Money

Random Rumours

9,706 posts in this topic

According to today's Sun Dom Solanke is a £8m target for Liverpool...he's still not agreed a contract extension with us...talk of him wanting a £50k a week deal...

On 2/17/2017 at 07:33, doctorblue said:

According to today's Sun Dom Solanke is a £8m target for Liverpool...he's still not agreed a contract extension with us...talk of him wanting a £50k a week deal...

£8M? isn't he on a free in the summer or do they have to pay some sort of compensation like they did getting Danny Ings from Burnley?.

I think the compensation will more realistically be 5m, then his 50k a week will take the deal up to 8m for the first year in terms of what Liverpool shell out on him.

L'Pool surely only want him because he's English. They're thinking, if this guy was a decent English striker for one of the best youth teams in the past decade, he must be worth taking a punt on especially since we could rub it in the face of our rivals and keep our 'identity'.

They can't have been convinced by any of his senior performances, so the way they're potentially judging whether or not to sign him is hilarious. It's even more hilarious if they ARE judging it on his senior performances. 

Don't think Liverpool are now interested in Solanke...talk of Bayern interest...just hope the boy looks at himself and does himself a favour and rejects the rubbish advice he's being given...

Edited by doctorblue

I can just see now Bayern dropping Lewandowski for Dom Solanke. Just like when they signed Dale Jennings from Tranmere i knew Robben wouldn't recover.

20 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

But we aren't linked with the one we should be which is Kylian Mbappe. I feel sorry for the France manager when he has to pick the next world cup squad.

I wish England would have this problem. Our brightest up and coming players are players like John Stones :face_palm: 

France always seem to bring through a whole bunch of new talent just at the right time. Once one generation of French players are done with, a new generation of high quality players spring out of nowhere.

jack_super_class likes this

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/2/23/14708484/chelsea-fc-aleix-vidal-barcelona-transfer-rumour-report

Aleix Vidal, anyone?

He seemed to do well for Sevilla but has barely featured for Barca, mainly due to their transfer ban and injuries. He might be worth a punt to rotate with Moses but I wouldn't spend tons of money on him.

for me, signings in the summer to take us to another level would be: 

sidibe (looks very promising) 

bernardo silva 

nainggolan 

i don't think we need more central defenders with christensen returning. 

those signings will be extremely difficult though, but if we pulled them off i believe we'd be able to genuinely challenge on all fronts. 

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Tibbers said:

Man, what happened to him?

Two serious knee injuries finished him. It's hard enough recovering once from this injury but to do it twice in your late 20's is asking a lot. The same thing happened to Joe Cole.

Edited by Scott Harris
ashwin, Jezz and dkw like this

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Two serious knee injuries finished him. It's hard enough recovering once from this injury but to do it twice in your late 20's is asking a lot. The same thing happened to Joe Cole.

Wrecked Falcao's career as well. Let's hope that Zouma follows Azpi in making a 100% recovery from a serious knee injury.

Jezz likes this

1 minute ago, Backbiter said:

Wrecked Falcao's career as well. Let's hope that Zouma follows Azpi in making a 100% recovery from a serious knee injury.

If there is a best time in your career to get this injury then it's in your early 20's. Not many seem to recover when they get this injury in what is supposed to be their peak years.

I see we're in the running for both Lukaku and Barkley. I'd take both. Barkley would be great with Kante doing a bit of cover for him and he wouldn't be required to do so much going forward with what we have. He's an upgrade on Matic going forward and not much worse defensively. Unlike Matic he actually seems to be a good header of the ball as well in addition to his physical presence. 

Read somewhere that we were interested in Kingsley Coman for €60m. Not sure how much truth there is in this, but could be good. 

DonAntonio likes this