Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Are Ake and Baba not enough cover for LWB? I think we're going to look for a RWB ahead of LWB. Alonso has been better than Moses and we already have cover there. If we're trying to find a replacement for Alonso we've got our priorities mixed up.

Beyond Aina we have nobody else to play RWB. Any rumors about a rb I'd take much more seriously than left sided players. 

Ake playing cover at LWB is the same as Dave playing cover at RWB. Both very defensive and average in the wing back position, much more effective in the middle. I also highly doubt we'll ever see Baba in a chelsea shirt again, except for the occasional pre season match. Cover and potentially upgrades needed for both sides. 

22 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Ake playing cover at LWB is the same as Dave playing cover at RWB. Both very defensive and average in the wing back position, much more effective in the middle. I also highly doubt we'll ever see Baba in a chelsea shirt again, except for the occasional pre season match. Cover and potentially upgrades needed for both sides. 

Cover is just that, cover. While thats a great point about Dave being a defensive cover at RWB I think its also the equivalent to Ake at LWB. I think we disagree on Baba, if he's your 2nd option you're doing fine IMO. 

What I was getting at was Alonso has offered more than Moses so far and if we're looking to upgrade on one of the two I think Moses needs to be a higher priority. Conte thinks he's great apparently but I'm still not convinced he's good enough if we want to challenge in Europe. Alonso is of that standard for his position, he at least offers a goal threat in addition to defending I'm not sure many other players can match

2 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

According to Talksport...JT to be offered another 1 year deal on reduced terms...

In view of how little he has played so far this season, I'm not sure this would be a good decision for him or the club. 

Only if it's tied into a coaching role? I agree it does give him a dilemma if he wants to carrying on playing...but I'm sure he wouldn't want to walk away from his team knowing that there's a contract on the table...maybe the coaching dimension is a good face saving and pragmatic way forward... 

Edited by doctorblue

I don't know how reliable Talksport is, but if all of those stories are true, then it would be fantastic.

I know that JT isn't the player he was, and so does he.  But what he does bring to the table is his leadership, and that can not be overlooked.  I'd imagine, whether on the field or in teh dressing room, he is a positive influence.  He is also a great mentor and ambassador for the youth players looking to break through.

For once, i hope Talksport is right

19 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

I'd be surprised if Bertrand wasn't at Liverpool next season. They like a Southampton player, especially English ones. And they aren't going to play Milner at LB forever.

On 31/03/2017 at 11:32, Valerie said:

In view of how little he has played so far this season, I'm not sure this would be a good decision for him or the club. 

Don't just look st what he does on the pitch, keeping a dressing room together is as vital as anything, offers a lot of knowledge can mentor christensen, team spirit, experience, he is already on half wages it's a brilliant idea from the club. As for him he has had a long and lucrative career I'm sure he would rather help the team to CL greatness than prance around in America 

On 3/22/2017 at 00:33, icecoolguy22 said:

I doubt Shaw would be an improvement over Alonso, those long term injuries would have taken lots out of him. We don't want an expensive left back on the bench, already got a few of them.

He's back in the spotlight again after Mourinho's comments.

I'd love to see them go head to head for the position.

9 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Just listened to Ray Wilkins on talksh*t a few minutes ago saying it's likely Conte wants to bring in Andrea Pirlo to replace Steve Holland as an assistant in the summer. That would be a great addition to the backroom staff.

That would be phenomenal 

18 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Cue the xenophobia and 50 'journalists' writing about how Chelsea lack any English presence at the club, Russian owner, no homegrown players, all Italian coaching staff

Pirlo is better than every English player in the history of football put together.