Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting


Money

Random Rumours

9,699 posts in this topic
7 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

They want £20m for a player with horrendous injuries and only 1 year left on his contract...£10m tops...

It'll barely cover his annual hospital bill.

didierforever and Frawdulant like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Battlewhisk said:

That's pretty solid, but we also have a sneaky 4-2-4 to throw in when needed. Which is also why we're probably going to sign another striker, but we'll see.

 

Courtois

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Cahill - Alonso

Bakayoko - Kante

Willian ------------------------------ Hazard

Batshuayi - Morata

 

As you say, Danilo and Sandro would be the icing on the cake to add depth and quality to our wing back position. We're also quite likely to throw in a 3-5-2 such as the below:

 

Courtois

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Rudiger

Moses ---------------------------- Alonso

Bakayoko - Kante

Fabregas

---------------Hazard

Morata

that 3-5-2 is where I think we will be if we get to quarters or more in the Champions League, maybe with Azpi at RWB though for extra security versus the Neymars and Bales of this world. Hopefully Christensen would step up at that point or Cahill adds extra steel, him and Luiz have been through a lot let's not forget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Name me a world class English player we could possibly have in our starting 11? Why settle for a weaker player just because of their nationality. If we still had prime Terry, Lamps, A. Cole, J.Cole etc. i would agree with you, but Cahill is the first to be replaced in our current formation.

I would take deli ali or Kane all day long mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we add Sandro and Danilo, which I doubt but I am hopeful of, you have to start looking at Garry and thinking does he belong anywhere near that starting 11? Other than loyalty and experience, putting aside emotional reasons, footballing wise...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

If we add Sandro and Danilo, which I doubt but I am hopeful of, you have to start looking at Garry and thinking does he belong anywhere near that starting 11? Other than loyalty and experience, putting aside emotional reasons, footballing wise...

I think a lot of people including Conte are already looking at Gary and questioning whether he should be starting. 

TheChelsRVA and DonAntonio like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DidierDidier said:

I think a lot of people including Conte are already looking at Gary and questioning whether he should be starting. 

Way too harsh on GC. After the arsenal loss, he was brilliant till the end and probably better than Luiz who on several occasions showed loss on concentrations (the united game and the FA cup final against arsenal).

Wont be surprised if GC leads us out of the tunnel for the majority of the games in the coming season.

Edited by didierforever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DidierDidier said:

I think a lot of people including Conte are already looking at Gary and questioning whether he should be starting. 

I think we saw him in a back 4 unprotected and he was just not good enough, we have seen him under pressure and he can lose him composure and get dispossessed.

 He did well in the back 3 but I think having Dave beside him and luiz to sweep up behind him plus Kante in front of him left him with minimal exposure.

He is good at getting his body in the way, good at clearing, can deal with the ball in the air, very good eye for goal, decent at reading the game, but the rest of his game is below average.

 He is useless when faced up by a forward, useless when under pressure from a high press team, no pace and that leaves us vulnerable against high press teams or teams that can get between the lines.

 The game we beat city 1-3 the first half all you had to do was add the benny hill theme tune, all over the place.  

I think if Rudiger does well Cahill is the obvious one to make way and I think conte will have no sentiment, GC will have the kind of role JT had last year, a man more for the dressing room that for the pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, didierforever said:

Way too harsh on GC. After the arsenal loss, he was brilliant till the end and probably better than Luiz who on several occasions showed loss on concentrations (the united game and the FA cup final against arsenal).

Wont be surprised if GC leads us out of the tunnel for the majority of the games in the coming season.

David Luiz had his moments, but if you had to say which defender directly cost us the most points last season it was clearly Gary Cahill. I don't think it would be harsh on Gary Cahill to drop him considering the quality of potential replacements. Lots of people are saying Rudiger could come in for him, my opinion is Christensen should. 

Edited by DidierDidier
DonAntonio likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

 

 He did well in the back 3 but I think having Dave beside him and luiz to sweep up behind him plus Kante in front of him left him with minimal exposure.

 

agreed, I think Luiz and Kante in particular helped out Cahill quite a lot last season.

DonAntonio likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Cahill is a good defender, Luiz is every bit as good at that plus he can play the ball. Cahill is awful with the ball and it even looks awkward. If we had players who can all play the ball we'd be much stronger.

DonAntonio likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard not to like Garry but football wise we need an improvement problem is it has been said rudiger isn't the most tactically aware, luiz has been much better tactically but he will never be a JT at reading the game,  what rudiger does being thoughbis pace and he can play the ball, that is crucial against high press teams if we are in a back 3 being able to play out releases the wing backs it's so very important to playing 3 at the back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised we were never linked with Fabinho. Very tidy player, still 23, can operate in midfield and as a right back. Signing him would solve a couple of problems in our squad: adding depth to midfield and giving competition to Moses on the right wing.

amART, DonAntonio and Paccbet like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Surprised we were never linked with Fabinho. Very tidy player, still 23, can operate in midfield and as a right back. Signing him would solve a couple of problems in our squad: adding depth to midfield and giving competition to Moses on the right wing.

Monaco won't dismantle their midfield in 1 window. They've let go of Bakayoko and I think that's it. We can try for Fabinho but seeing as all rumours about him leaving dried up, I think Monaco has stopped letting anyone from midfield leaving.

DonAntonio likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Roman has personally approved the sale of Matic to United in a deal that could be worth more than £50m...it looks like that's the end of an Sandro hope too...

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/21/roman-abramovich-approves-nemanja-matics-50m-manchester-united-transfer-6796901/

I wouldn't mind Martial as part of the deal if Matic goes to Man Utd. Martial is wasted under Mourinho and does not appear to be in his plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

I wouldn't mind Martial as part of the deal if Matic goes to Man Utd. Martial is wasted under Mourinho and does not appear to be in his plans.

I think it's a bit harsh on Martial when Jose keeps saying the only strikers he has is Lukaku and Rashford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deino said:

I think it's a bit harsh on Martial when Jose keeps saying the only strikers he has is Lukaku and Rashford

If they buy another he'll say he only has him and Lukaku. I don't think he likes playing Rashford as a 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN linking us with an 17 year old from Montreal Tabla. They say Drogba recommended him. 

I still suspect Didier had a hand in pushing Lukaku to United. Starting my own rumors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

 

I still suspect Didier had a hand in pushing Lukaku to United. Starting my own rumors

Well Didier done an interview a good few weeks ago saying he was in regular contact with Lukaku and that he knew where he was going this summer. (there were heavy implications that it was Chelsea, think Didier referred to Chelsea as Lukaku's house or something along those lines)

Lukaku says he's known for months he was joining United.

Either Lukaku is telling porkies or Didier was being mischievous (at our expense)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, startedwithglenn said:

Well Didier done an interview a good few weeks ago saying he was in regular contact with Lukaku and that he knew where he was going this summer. (there were heavy implications that it was Chelsea, think Didier referred to Chelsea as Lukaku's house or something along those lines)

Lukaku says he's known for months he was joining United.

Either Lukaku is telling porkies or Didier was being mischievous (at our expense)

Thats what I'm referring to. I think he may have given Jose a good review

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thats what I'm referring to. I think he may have given Jose a good review

If it was any other player (bar some other legends) I'd be slightly pissed but drogba could Muay Thai kick both my parents in the face and I wouldn't care and defend him to the hilt lol plus in hindsight he (allegedly) helped us dodge a bullet #AgentDrogs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Thats what I'm referring to. I think he may have given Jose a good review

Yeah possibly. To be clear I don't mean at our expense as in he cost us Lukaku. I wanted Morata all summer and actually believe the club did too. But if what he knew was that Lukaku was going to United then he was somewhat toying with those Chelsea fans who were hoping Lukaku was returning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.