Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Money

Random Rumours

8,432 posts in this topic

Lampard as Chelsea's manager? And some people are worried that Villas-Boas would be too young and inexperienced... :rolleyes:

Hey if you read the piece,Dalglish was 34 when he became player/manager,so that gives lamps about 2 years,i think he would be superb,he is articulate,super intelligent,and its in his now blue blood coursing through his veins,also he knows chelsea inside out,could be a great move,....JT i aint so sure about.

Edited by Ballack & Blu

Roman would not give him the job.

If Carlo leaves then his replacement should come from a group of top class managers or one with proven potential. Lamps has zero experience in the field of football management and there is no way Roman would accept him as manager.

My preference is a young manager with proven potential namely Villas-Boas.

I don't have any problems with more lower profile signings like this. Anelka was around the same value and look what he achieved with us.

I think he's a good player, and would probably be even better with better players around him.

hes good but i think he will only be on the subs bench. i recon if we buy him and a high profile winger he would be a god backup

hes also got a good wigan teamate who has been linked with a possible transfer who is james mcarthy

I like him a lot, reckon he could do a good job here. If Wigan goes down somehow then it could be even cheaper?

Real Madrid make an approach for Nuri Sahin

Real Madrid have contacted Borussia Dortmund midfielder Nuri Sahin regarding a move to Santiago Bernabeu, according to Bild.

Los Blancos have reportedly shown interest in signing the Turkish midfielder and they have already made the first contact.

Arguably the best player of the Bundesliga season has a clause in his contract saying that he can leave Dortmund if a club pay €6 million next summer, which is way below the player’s actual value.

Soccernews.com (this is all around)

For €6 million I think every top team in Europe should try to get him. I can't paste a link but I recommend that you read this article from soccernews. His coach has even said that they can't do anything about it if a top European team will try to get him.

Did you watch the movie?

Do you mean the video? He's not a film star as well, is he?

Honestly, I would need to see more film on him before I could make a decision if he is "Chelsea class".

http://www.vi.nl/Nieuws-item/199108/Bayern-Munchen-akkoord-met-Ajax-en-Van-der-Wiel.htm

^ There are rumours flying around that Bayern Munich have 'reached an agreement' with Ajax regarding Gregory van der Wiel.

I'm not Van der Wiel's biggest fan, so I'm not necessarily unhappy to hear this news, but I've heard a lot of talk flying around The Shed End about this kid as a possible successor (in more ways than one) to Bosingwa.

That was the case last season a deal between van der wiel ajax and bayern was agreed but then fell through at the death not sure why tho? Maybe this is old news?

Fluminense starlet Wallace looks set to follow in the footsteps of twins Rafael and Fabio by leaving for England before playing for the Brazilian club.

Fluminense have confirmed that as part of the deal that saw them sign Deco last summer, they sold 40 per cent of the rights of teenage defender Wallace to Chelsea.

The 16-year-old full-back has since impressed hugely for the Brazilian Under-17 side and now it appears Chelsea are ready to push through a permanent deal.

Fluminense's president Peter Siemsen confirmed that Wallace was already part owned by Chelsea.

"He still plays for Fluminense and to get him out of Brazil, Chelsea would have to pay the amount of the penalty clause remaining," Siemsen confirmed.

"Chelsea only have a stake in him."

But Wallace revealed that he was ready to make the move, before he had even pulled on a first-team shirt for Fluminense - following the same path as the twins, who moved to Manchester United from the Rio de Janeiro-based club.

"I feel ready for this challenge since I started playing football," Wallace told globoesporte.

"I have not talked with the coaches yet, but the expectation exists. Let's see how it goes."

Denial

Fluminense have been quick to deny that Wallace's situation is similar to that of the Da Silva twins and insists he may yet stay.

"The situation is totally different," he opined.

"They were negotiated for and a deadline was there for them to move by the time they were 18.

"That was then, not now - we want the player to stay, and depending on our coach, rise to the professional ranks here by 2012."

Source - Sky Sports

Never heard of the kid and there's no real indication that he's even coming to us, just that we own 40% of his rights....unless I've read it wrong.

BUT, if he turns out anything like some of the other Brazilian right backs, namely Dani Alves (minus the personality) or Maicon, I'd be extremely happy!!