Jump to content

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting


Vidahost - UK Web Hosting


Money

Random Rumours


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, didierforever said:

Messi, Alexis, Mata, Goretzka, Özil, Balotelli, De Vrij, Ghoulam, Giménez, Can, Meyer, Shaw, Blind, Wilshere, Ribery, Juanfran, Fellaini, Miranda, Robben, Subotić, Özyakup, Bernard, Chiellini, Barkley.

 

So these are some of the players who "CAN" be available for a free this summer or "CAN" sign pre-contracts in 6 weeks' time.

I honestly would take shaw ,Chiellini (sell Luiz and Zouma) and Sanchez in the summer. Would be a very interesting summer though.

 

Be mad not to get some of those deals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2017 at 07:24, didierforever said:

Messi, Alexis, Mata, Goretzka, Özil, Balotelli, De Vrij, Ghoulam, Giménez, Can, Meyer, Shaw, Blind, Wilshere, Ribery, Juanfran, Fellaini, Miranda, Robben, Subotić, Özyakup, Bernard, Chiellini, Barkley.

 

So these are some of the players who "CAN" be available for a free this summer or "CAN" sign pre-contracts in 6 weeks' time.

I honestly would take shaw ,Chiellini (sell Luiz and Zouma) and Sanchez in the summer. Would be a very interesting summer though.

 

Messi is an obvious choice. Let the poor bar steward score against Chelsea, even if in training, before he retires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with most people about the positions we need to strengthen but I also believe you have to take good players whenever they are available. With that in mind I hope the club is throwing its hat in the ring for Goretzka and Malcolm. 

Our problem of course is that we’ve manoeuvred ourselves into a place where good players have little or no interest in joining Chelsea. Goretzka is a tremendous footballer, and therefore unfortunately an impossible target. Malcolm’s reputation might not yet be as firmly established so let’s go all in before he too moves beyond our reach. (Assuming he hasn’t already that is.)

Edited by OhForAGreavsie
big blue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2017 at 21:44, OhForAGreavsie said:

I agree with most people about the positions we need to strengthen but I also believe you have to take good players whenever they are available. With that in mind I hope the club is throwing its hat in the ring for Goretzka and Malcolm. 

Our problem of course is that we’ve manoeuvred ourselves into a place where good players have little or no interest in joining Chelsea. Goretzka is a tremendous footballer, and therefore unfortunately an impossible target. Malcolm’s reputation might not yet be as firmly established so let’s go all in before he too moves beyond our reach. (Assuming he hasn’t already that is.)

Eh? Why would they have no interest in joining us over any other top club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

Apparently we've become hot prospects to sign Ozil

:laugh2:

Not a chance Conte would put up with that lazy f**ker for 2 great performances a season.

Will happily take Sanchez though......................

 

Edited by Nibs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Eh? Why would they have no interest in joining us over any other top club?

Well you've heard of, or read about, the same events in previous transfer windows, as I have. If you have a different interpretation those situations, that's fair enough but my opinion is firmly as I stated.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nibs said:

:laugh2:

Not a chance Conte would put up with that lazy f**ker for 2 great performances a season.

Will happily take Sanchez though......................

 

He worked well for Jose. 

I would actually take him, him, Hazard and Morata would be mesmeric vs the lesser sides then he can sit out the big games while we go 352, we would get all his perks that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CFCholland said:

Oh God no not ozil, where would he fit into this squad? Not a chance in my opinion.

He'd rotate with Fabregas and has license to roam like he does with Germany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Well you've heard of, or read about, the same events in previous transfer windows, as I have. If you have a different interpretation those situations, that's fair enough but my opinion is firmly as I stated.

Im not sure what situations you're referring to tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Im not sure what situations you're referring to tbh. 

Three main categories into which more than a few Chelsea transfer targets fit. These examples are by no means a complete list: -

Players who would be tempted by our status and financial power, but who are simply not excited enough about joining us to kick up enough of a stink to force a move. Luca Modric, John Stones, Kalidou Koulibali, Sandro, Bonouci, Vidal, Naingolan. 

Players who string Chelsea along, not in an effort to find a good agreement with The Blues, but simply as a bargaining tool in their contract negotiations with other clubs. Too many to mention.

Players who outright state, boast indeed, that they turned Chelsea down. Neymar, Ousmane Dembele, now of Barcaloana (in 2015), Danilo claimed he chose City despite Chelsea offering him more money, Mendy told Monaco he would not move to Chelsea but that he could not resist City. Kyle Walker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Van Djik reportedly wants Liverpool not Chelsea, an agent in the press last week says, as others have before, that he advises his players not to join Chelsea, even Guardiola rejected us multiple times.

People reading this can certainly remember other names, probably many other names, who fit on this list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2017 at 03:40, startedwithglenn said:

I wonder if those who were ridiculing the suggestion of Raheem Sterling as a target in the summer are willing to digest some humble pie yet?

 

On 10/21/2017 at 11:27, RIP Mourinho said:

Still wouldn't take him in our team. He's a product of the service he receives at City. Wouldn't get that here.

*cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Three main categories into which more than a few Chelsea transfer targets fit. These examples are by no means a complete list: -

Players who would be tempted by our status and financial power, but who are simply not excited enough about joining us to kick up enough of a stink to force a move. Luca Modric, John Stones, Kalidou Koulibali, Sandro, Bonouci, Vidal, Naingolan. 

Players who string Chelsea along, not in an effort to find a good agreement with The Blues, but simply as a bargaining tool in their contract negotiations with other clubs. Too many to mention.

Players who outright state, boast indeed, that they turned Chelsea down. Neymar, Ousmane Dembele, now of Barcaloana (in 2015), Danilo claimed he chose City despite Chelsea offering him more money, Mendy told Monaco he would not move to Chelsea but that he could not resist City. Kyle Walker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Van Djik reportedly wants Liverpool not Chelsea, an agent in the press last week says, as others have before, that he advises his players not to join Chelsea, even Guardiola rejected us multiple times.

People reading this can certainly remember other names, probably many other names, who fit on this list.

That still doesn't tell me why they have no interest in joining us but yea all of the above are true and actually happened. I think the first two happen to a lot of clubs we just dont notice it because we're not tuned in to all of the transfer rumblings at Inter or Dortmund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Bentake was mentioned as a possibility for us, I'm going to say Rondon from WBA wouldn't be a bad choice, if we are  considering Bentake. Hopefully we aren't on for another central defender, unless Conte finds a formation to play 5 of them at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Since Bentake was mentioned as a possibility for us, I'm going to say Rondon from WBA wouldn't be a bad choice, if we are  considering Bentake. Hopefully we aren't on for another central defender, unless Conte finds a formation to play 5 of them at once.

Blimey, Bentake has gone well off the boil but even he looks prolific when compared to Rondon!

Wouldn't touch either with a barge pole.

BordeauxBlue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zeta said:

We want to be one of the best teams in the world. Players like Benteke, Rondon, Austin, etc... are bottom half of the table strikers. If we want to be up there with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG, City, etc... we should be aiming much higher.

Zeta, I don't think you can keep those players happy on the bench, didn't Morata say some thing like he considered Tottenham yet they had Harry Kane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Zeta, I don't think you can keep those players happy on the bench, didn't Morata say some thing like he considered Tottenham yet they had Harry Kane.

I'd rather have an unhappy but quality player on the bench, than an average player just happy to be there. 

If theyre unhappy, we can move them on and bring in someone else. 

I'm not saying we need another player as good or as expensive as morata, but id be happier with Hazard or pedro up top for us than Rondon or Austin. 

I'm not even sure we need an out and out striker, I think a versatile forward that could play with hazard and morata, ir lead the line themselves, would be much more useful.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Zeta, I don't think you can keep those players happy on the bench, didn't Morata say some thing like he considered Tottenham yet they had Harry Kane.

Has to be a higher level of player we can keep happy than Benteke or Austin though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×