Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Tenuous link with Barca's Ousmane Dembele today. 

Apparently Barca don't feel he's likely to fulfill his potential and are looking to cut their loses. 

Barca paid about £97m for him when they signed him from Dortmund, so no idea what sort of fee they'd be looking for. 

Could be an interesting buy for the right wing spot. Wonder if Barca would maybe send him on an initial 6 month loan? 

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Tenuous link with Barca's Ousmane Dembele today. 

Apparently Barca don't feel he's likely to fulfill his potential and are looking to cut their loses. 

Barca paid about £97m for him when they signed him from Dortmund, so no idea what sort of fee they'd be looking for. 

Could be an interesting buy for the right wing spot. Wonder if Barca would maybe send him on an initial 6 month loan? 

I read somewhere that he is made of glass though. Lots of injuries. I'm not sure if that is true but he has never really played for them, so maybe there is something in it.

49 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

I read somewhere that he is made of glass though. Lots of injuries. I'm not sure if that is true but he has never really played for them, so maybe there is something in it.

It was mentioned in the Barkley thread how great our medical staff has been, Barkley for example was also made of glass, especially right before we bought him.  So maybe we could get Dembele sorted out as well?

I like Willian, but if there's any interest in Barcelona for him, and Dembele in us, we'd be silly not to consider that sort of move. That said, nothing to really get invested in at this stage.

16 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Barca apparently want to give us Malcom and 20m Euros for Willian, do you think they'd just give us the 20m on its own instead?

Barcelona have been making some weird signing's in recent times. They keep throwing 30+ million at random players who end up not getting much game time at all.

1 hour ago, Davey Baby said:

It seems to have escaped most of your attention that Willian is having a inconsistent season.

FTFY, though he has picked up a bit. 

As for Malcom, unlike Willian, he's actually left-footed, so he can play as more of a winger on the left or an inside forward on the right. I would say that he's most dangerous as an inside forward given his exploits with Bordeaux. He's really agile and can often beat his man with a burst of acceleration. He has decent technical skill (but not on par with Willian) with good dribbling, OK crossing and passing. Decent free kicks too. It has been said that he isn't a particularly intelligent decision-maker, while he is very lazy off-the-ball, contributing little or nothing to defence.

I think that Barcelona should loan him out in January and then have Chelsea/Barcelona reassess. Willian and Malcom would be slightly older by then.

For mine his erratic decision-making, finishing and work-rate do not make him the finished product yet and I would not accept such a deal as things stand. Sarri may feel differently though. 

Dembele on the other hand. Could Willian + cash make Barcelona come around to that deal? Dembele is currently the same age as Hazard was when he joined up (21). He could be our next Hazard, which would prepare us for the worst (losing Hazard to Real Madrid). 

Bournemouth's Callum Wilson is the latest striker said to be of interest to Chelsea following his impressive start to the season. 

Wouldn't be a bad option as a second choice striker given that I could see Giroud leaving at the end of the season.

No idea what sort of fee Bournemouth would want though, probably £30m upwards. 

I think we need to see how Morata's season pans out first because an outright first choice striker might still end up being a priority. 

2 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Seems his best return was 8 goals last season.  Not really what we need, is he?

As a first choice striker no. 

His 8 goals was last season which was from 23 starts and 5 sub appearances. Based on minutes played he averaged a goal every 2.8 games (round it up to 3). That's not bad for someone playing at a mid table club. 

The season before that he got 6 goals in 20 games (4 as sub). Meaning he was again more less getting a goal every three games. 

His total for the Premier League to date is 25 goals in 72 appearances. 

For comparison Giroud's record is 69 goals in 202 appearances which also gives an average of a goal every three games.