Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

14 hours ago, Osgood is Good said:

Soccer - Football League Division One - Chelsea v Arsenal

82,000 watch the derby game between Chelsea and Arsenal, 1935

82,905. i think that is the second highest top flight attendance figure ever after 84,000 at Maine Road.

Changing subject completely, does anyone remember one of the programme vendors in the Shed Forecourt during the late 70s, who used to bark out -' Programme programme, programme and magazine'?  

The last bit used to come out as one word- programmeandmagazine. What was the magazine?

Also, who remembers the fella who stood at the top of the stairs as you came into the the Whitewall selling Chelsea lottery/ golden goals tickets? He was in his late 20s and had a tache

6 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

82,905. i think that is the second highest top flight attendance figure ever after 84,000 at Maine Road.

Changing subject completely, does anyone remember one of the programme vendors in the Shed Forecourt during the late 70s, who used to bark out -' Programme programme, programme and magazine'?  

The last bit used to come out as one word- programmeandmagazine. What was the magazine?

Also, who remembers the fella who stood at the top of the stairs as you came into the the Whitewall selling Chelsea lottery/ golden goals tickets? He was in his late 20s and had a tache

20p your lottery, your Chelsea lottery ticket! 

7 hours ago, erskblue said:

Looks like Newcastle Utd away in the first picture above.

80-81 lost 0-1

Newcastle United (1) 1 Chelsea (0) 0

Date:Saturday, 28th March 1981

Competition:Football League Division 2     Position 6

Venue:St James' Park

Attendance:17,392

Referee:Joe B Worrall (Warrington)

Newcastle UnitedCarr, Brownlie, Davies, Martin (Carney 63), Barton, Halliday, Shoulder, Trewick, Harford, Wharton, Walker

ScorerHalliday 32

ManagerArthur Cox

Chelsea1 Petar Borota, 2 Gary Locke, 3 Dennis Rofe, 4 John Bumstead, 5 Micky Droy, 6 Gary Chivers, 7 Phil Driver, 8 Mike Fillery (12 Chris Hutchings 12), 9 Colin Lee, 10 Clive Walker, 11 Peter Rhoades-Brown

ManagerGeoff Hurst
We were top early on, including a 6-0 win over Newcastle.  then fell away badly.

36 minutes ago, Richard P said:

80-81 lost 0-1

Newcastle UnitedCarr, Brownlie, Davies, Martin (Carney 63), Barton, Halliday, Shoulder, Trewick, Harford, Wharton, Walker

ScorerHalliday 32

ManagerArthur Cox

Chelsea1 Petar Borota, 2 Gary Locke, 3 Dennis Rofe, 4 John Bumstead, 5 Micky Droy, 6 Gary Chivers, 7 Phil Driver, 8 Mike Fillery (12 Chris Hutchings 12), 9 Colin Lee, 10 Clive Walker, 11 Peter Rhoades-Brown

ManagerGeoff Hurst
We were top early on, including a 6-0 win over Newcastle.  then fell away badly.

A poor attendance for Newcastle, even considering it was in Div 2.

On 06/05/2017 at 18:18, Osgood is Good said:

Apologies if this youtube clip has been posted before. Went to this brilliant match. About 5000 Chelsea at the Baseball Gnd, when we were sh!t. ::clap2::

That game was mental, I was there with my 2 Sons who were 10 & 11 at the time. What a brilliant away day that was.

Really enjoying all the old photo's, clips and memories being posted here.:good2:

Here's the rest of the cards that were rediscovered yesterday, never seen these anywhere else since I bought them about 20 years ago. Think I'll have to get them framed to ensure they stay pristine. If none were to be left out of the original 50, how many would we need to add from the past two decades to bring the collection up to date?

cfc7.jpg

cfc8.jpg

cfc9.jpg

cfc10.jpg

cfc11.jpg

cfc12.jpg

cfc13.jpg

cfc14.jpg

cfc15.jpg

cfc16.jpg

5 hours ago, Richard P said:

80-81 lost 0-1

ScorerHalliday 32

ManagerArthur Cox

ManagerGeoff Hurst

We only won one of our last ten League games in 1980/81. We finished 12th after the disappointment of just missing out on promotion in 1979/80.

On 29/6/2560 at 00:38, doctorblue said:

soccer-league-division-one-chelsea-training-8381974.jpgChelsea's P Purcell, Roger Wosahlo, K Silleto, Barry Lloyd, J Barrow and Peter Bonetti at kicking practice

Blimey! That looks like they're having a kickabout in Poulters Park (next to the Mitcham training ground) with my old family house in the background.

18 hours ago, erskblue said:

Looks like Newcastle Utd away in the first picture above.

I was at that game with my mate who was getting married the next day. I think we drew 1-1. Naively, we positioned ourselves among a load of Newcastle fans and, when we scored first, our cheers were quickly muted when we got the evil eye. There was a family in front of us who did not leave us alone for the rest of the game including gobbing in our direction. Not the kids, nor the husband but the bloody missus was the chief gobber.

There was a good photo of the 1980 version of the Chelsea Superstore ' ! On the official club site on Friday. Port cabin! Brought back some memories of the Chelsea souvenirs I had back then.

I would send away to programme adverts in Shoot magazine and my Uncle would get me Chelsea souvenirs when he was down in London on business. He was usually down at least once a month in the late 70s and early 80s.

6 hours ago, old git said:

Blimey! That looks like they're having a kickabout in Poulters Park (next to the Mitcham training ground) with my old family house in the background.

I thought the same, but looks a bit early for Poulters, we trained at Welsh Harp before that, near Hendon. Are you from Peterborough Road then?

5 hours ago, MKBlue said:

I thought the same, but looks a bit early for Poulters, we trained at Welsh Harp before that, near Hendon. Are you from Peterborough Road then?

Moved from Lambeth, via Upper Norwood to Peterborough Rd, then Middleton Rd...now Thailand.

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 16:18, Richard P said:

ManagerGeoff Hurst

Was in the West Stand for that match, watched Pat Nevin collect the ball in our half, then went on a run, must have dribbled past 6 players before scoring one of the best individual goals I've seen at The Bridge.

31 minutes ago, The Leigh Limpet said:

Was in the West Stand for that match, watched Pat Nevin collect the ball in our half, then went on a run, must have dribbled past 6 players before scoring one of the best individual goals I've seen at The Bridge.

That was the 4-0 in 83. We slaughtered them and gave Terry McDermott loads of stick about being a gippo which he reacted to.