Vintage Blues pictures and film

On 02/08/2017 at 17:25, Walnuts said:

Top one is Forest @ Home year I dont know

Bottom one Man City Night game what a mob that was

Chelsea%20v%20Sunderlan%20%20Home%2085_z

Edited by Walnuts

23 minutes ago, Walnuts said:

Chelsea%20v%20Man%20Utd%20Villa%20Prk%20

This game was semi final @ Villa Park Thats my Sussex Chelsea Blues flag to the left this got nicked in Spain whilst watching Real Betis v Chelsea first time think it may of been ECWC ,THE RUUD BOYS banner was done by my mate freehand

9 hours ago, erskblue said:

Ah ,will it be the Lyle and Scot or the Pringle jersey I wear to the football this week ?

The choice (expensive choice!) for some football supporters in 1984.

All my paper round money use to go on them, but in those days u had to look good to go to football, I've noticed though in last couple of years the replica shirt look is slowly dying out thankfully.

Reading a match cutting from the excellent bounder fridale site.

Coventry City 1-3 Chelsea on 24th August 1974.

The Division 1 League Table after that day showed Carlisle Utd top of Division 1.

Yes Carlisle Utd.

Spurs were bottom with no points.

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

Reading a match cutting from the excellent bounder fridale site.

Coventry City 1-3 Chelsea on 24th August 1974.

The Division 1 League Table after that day showed Carlisle Utd top of Division 1.

Yes Carlisle Utd.

Spurs were bottom with no points.

Remember that season well, it didn't end very well for either us or Carlisle though. Probably my worst season as a Chelsea fan as it was the first relegation in my time.

Chris Balderstone who played for Carlisle, later in his career made history as he played for both Leicestershire at county cricket and Doncaster Rovers in a league match on the same day.

Yeah not a great season for either us or Carlisle Utd in the ens.

This was the first season I started supporting Chelsea and being taken to Rangers matches in Scotland.

Can you imagine if it was your first season supporting Carlisle Utd as a youngster. Three matches played and your team is top of Division 1 !

I keep an eye out for the Carlisle Utd as my uncles mate played for them in the mid 1970s. He also played for Coventry City, Wolves and Plymouth.

Glad it was Chelsea I chose as my English team as a seven year old bank then!

20 hours ago, sparkplug said:

It was Tottenham Hale the other picture posted by Walnuts was just after this one was taken just had a go at Spurs outside a pub by station

Thanks for the info mate

9 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Those were the days of the daring away kits...

chelsea_in_red.jpg

Cleared out the garage last week and in a sealed plastic box was that shirt and a couple of others that had been in there since we moved a few years ago, Mrs has washed it, and Saturday night I'm gonna put it on, chill out with a few beers at home and reminisce, I'm a real party animal these days!!!!

7 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Cleared out the garage last week and in a sealed plastic box was that shirt and a couple of others that had been in there since we moved a few years ago, Mrs has washed it, and Saturday night I'm gonna put it on, chill out with a few beers at home and reminisce, I'm a real party animal these days!!!!

Sounds like a fab Saturday night mate...raise a glass to Paul and Tony...

On 03/08/2017 at 23:12, Walnuts said:

This game was semi final @ Villa Park Thats my Sussex Chelsea Blues flag to the left this got nicked in Spain whilst watching Real Betis v Chelsea first time think it may of been ECWC ,THE RUUD BOYS banner was done by my mate freehand

elCUS8A.jpg