Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

13 hours ago, Boyne said:

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport, grass and outdoor

Being born in 1969 Ossie, Charlie and the rest were before my time, but remember as I started getting into football in the mid to late 70's my parents and grandparents use to bang on about them all the time and the 60's early 70's era, I started to believe they were super human! The Chelsea I started to know were sh*te, listening on the radio on Saturday afternoon while my dad was doing up our house I would here a groan or quiet swear word from him as we conceded at Rotherham or Orient etc, my time would come though, he had Ossie and co in his teenage years, but 1983 soon arrived and Dixon, Nevin, Speedie and co were my teenage years!

Edited by chi blue
Spelling

MiOn ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 14:35, Mike Carefree said:

Its also sad that i must now call myself retired from attending any matches....Certain health issues have crept in....I will always remember fondly of our top fellows and the many good men who were part of all i saw and experienced from season 6768 to  the 90s.........I will have great memories of all the grounds ive been to and the fans of other clubs who have made these trips exciting in many ways....I respect them all..( not spuds)..........From boyhood to bigger boyhood the old terracing has given me a wealth of football memorabilia to remenice over when i care to......Thousands of miles travelled ....By train coach car and hike......Turning up to the Bridge from 12 years old 3 hours before kickoff to smell the smells of foods and drinks....underground and feeling that warm air gush thru the tunnel as the train would come....No more excited cant sleep nights as the game next day overtook all thoughts.......the meetings by many chelsea folk wed know and the strangers we didnt who would then become one whole entity........Fears and cockiness experienced at many venues........Wonderous ladies aquainted to within the footy scenario........When singing to the liquidator against spuds was full of , well everything chelsea within ones self, and not the tepid stuff we churn out now...........Oh well... will never get over the old days.......Its a goodbye to the Bridge from me but im glad my girl chelsea goes on occasions to keep my flag flyin high..................................................................................BUT............If we play millwall.....................

Total respect Mike. Sorry to hear of your health issues.

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

A couple of Chelsea Legends there.

Must admit to watching as much vintage Chelsea footage from that era on youtube as I can.

Notice the letters around the bottom where the copper is standing? I seem to remember they used to put the half time scores of the other games that were being played. Each letter corresponded to a game in the official programme. Gawd knows where this game is though.

43 minutes ago, old git said:

Notice the letters around the bottom where the copper is standing? I seem to remember they used to put the half time scores of the other games that were being played. Each letter corresponded to a game in the official programme. Gawd knows where this game is though.

I'm guessing Highbury....Just by the shadow of the roof..might be wrong tho.

On 05/12/2017 at 14:35, Mike Carefree said:

Its also sad that i must now call myself retired from attending any matches....Certain health issues have crept in....I will always remember fondly of our top fellows and the many good men who were part of all i saw and experienced from season 6768 to  the 90s.........I will have great memories of all the grounds ive been to and the fans of other clubs who have made these trips exciting in many ways....I respect them all..( not spuds)..........From boyhood to bigger boyhood the old terracing has given me a wealth of football memorabilia to remenice over when i care to......Thousands of miles travelled ....By train coach car and hike......Turning up to the Bridge from 12 years old 3 hours before kickoff to smell the smells of foods and drinks....underground and feeling that warm air gush thru the tunnel as the train would come....No more excited cant sleep nights as the game next day overtook all thoughts.......the meetings by many chelsea folk wed know and the strangers we didnt who would then become one whole entity........Fears and cockiness experienced at many venues........Wonderous ladies aquainted to within the footy scenario........When singing to the liquidator against spuds was full of , well everything chelsea within ones self, and not the tepid stuff we churn out now...........Oh well... will never get over the old days.......Its a goodbye to the Bridge from me but im glad my girl chelsea goes on occasions to keep my flag flyin high..................................................................................BUT............If we play millwall.....................

Fantastic post, sorry to hear of your health issues mate, hope all works out well for you, you guys who went during the 60's and 70's and 80's have my total respect, I only started going in the 80's but sh*t grounds, sh*t transport, dodgy home fans and even dodgier coppers at times,my two lads in their early 20's don't know their born when going to games now. They only have to worry about getting their wet when walking to the ground

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 22:21, chi blue said:

Being born in 1969 Ossie, Charlie and the rest were before my time, but remember as I started getting into football in the mid to late 70's my parents and grandparents use to bang on about them all the time and the 60's early 70's era, I started to believe they were super human! The Chelsea I started to know were sh*te, listening on the radio on Saturday afternoon while my dad was doing up our house I would here a groan or quiet swear word from him as we conceded at Rotherham or Orient etc, my time would come though, he had Ossie and co in his teenage years, but 1983 soon arrived and Dixon, Nevin, Speedie and co were my teenage years!

I was born in 67 and can relate to your post. Listening to Sport on 2 on a Saturday afternoon or Wednesday evening and hearing we were losing at Rotherham or drawing at Orient. The Monday mornings at school after we had beaten Liverpool in the FA Cup in 78 and 82 were brilliant though!

Then came the transformation in 1983/84 . Ironically my last year at secondary school. Chelsea were back and I could walk tall on a Monday morning again.

On 9/12/2560 at 15:56, Boyne said:

Image may contain: one or more people

I had the privilege of being at the game when Jimmy burst on to the scene. His pace was electric compared to the other Charles 'Charlie' Charles's on the pitch. The opposition must have thought he was from outer space....as we all did!

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 08:23, Ewell CFC said:

Very sorry to hear of your health difficulties Mike. Tremendous post. You mentioned Millwall as a footnote. Was if you that got in serious lumber when we played them at ours 83? Just remembered a post from years back that rung a bell?

Kind Regards

I cant remember so well but thought it was a coupla years later...Had my neck slashed with a Stanley.....Ken bates read about it and sent my wife and myself directors box tickets v Ipswich....Met the great Chelsea pensioners and will never forget one of em nicknamed TINY.......He WILL be mocking spuds from upstairs now...Thanks

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 09:30, Maidstone Blue said:

Total respect for you Mike....your memories are fantastic ....same era as mine.......and from personal close up experience.....I totally agree with your hatred of the spuds y army.

My memories are somewhat adled at the best of times...When ive been to so many matches I can relate a story and have mixed it up with another time and place....The best thing I know is I believe I attended in the best the shed and northstand era possible....My soul is Blue my blood is blue....I feel happy for the club now with all the general success but given a choice as if I were a 12 year old now,,,Back to the 60s 70s and 80s it would be for me...Selfish sh*t aint I....BUT that's when it was great fun like a lot wont know...Thanks

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 18:32, chi blue said:

Fantastic post, sorry to hear of your health issues mate, hope all works out well for you, you guys who went during the 60's and 70's and 80's have my total respect, I only started going in the 80's but sh*t grounds, sh*t transport, dodgy home fans and even dodgier coppers at times,my two lads in their early 20's don't know their born when going to games now. They only have to worry about getting their wet when walking to the ground

Dodgy cops a plenty...No wonder im bald at the top now the times they have ripped my hair out throwing me out...FOR NUFFIN MATE........Good luck to your fellows ...As long as they are Blue and enjoying their Chelsea....Thanks