Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

I've just recognised my cousin in the top picture. 

Not sure about the sort in hospital. You wouldn't fancy a bed bath off that!

That lady in the hospital photo used to go everywhere & always visited players in hospital.

Her name is/was Felicity, after Newcastle away in the 97 fa cup replay she waited at Harlington until the early hours for the team coach to return which got her a bollocking off Wise because he was worried about her safety.

She was one of our characters back in the day, not for any particular funny reason or anything just that she went everywhere & genuinely cared about our players. 

Wherever she is or whatever happened to her i hope she saw & enjoyed the success we've had, it's fans like her who kept the club alive at times.

1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

Great finish to a game. I'm running down the aisle at 5.18 with a Burberry raincoat ( before they were chavvy)

Noticed Lebeouf got us back in that game coming forward from defence, I had hoped David Luiz might have developed that capability in recent times. 

11 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Great finish to a game. I'm running down the aisle at 5.18 with a Burberry raincoat ( before they were chavvy)

Franky Beef and Robbie D knew how to hit a ball. Another Hollywood Chelsea finish. Love it. 

Ps - We had a few close battles with Coventry around that time. They gave as good as they got. Remember an open day defeat to them. Wouldn't say a bogue team. In the 18 games played between the two clubs in Premier League era, Chelsea 7 wins, Coventry 5 wins, and 6 draws. 

Edited by Famous CFC

3 hours ago, old git said:

Yes, I think that's Mike Walker in goal for Watford.

Good shout recognising lowly old Watfords keeper after all these years.

The Shelf looks well packed- it's one of those rare ones where the home end was a side- Man City had it, Birmingham I think, Pompey....

On 15/02/2018 at 20:03, Carshalton Blue said:

That lady in the hospital photo used to go everywhere & always visited players in hospital.

Her name is/was Felicity, after Newcastle away in the 97 fa cup replay she waited at Harlington until the early hours for the team coach to return which got her a bollocking off Wise because he was worried about her safety.

She was one of our characters back in the day, not for any particular funny reason or anything just that she went everywhere & genuinely cared about our players. 

Wherever she is or whatever happened to her i hope she saw & enjoyed the success we've had, it's fans like her who kept the club alive at times.

I believe she passed away in a home a few years ago. She use to make cakes for the players birthdays and bring them to Training. 

On 18/2/2561 at 00:21, Ewell CFC said:

Good shout recognising lowly old Watfords keeper after all these years.

The Shelf looks well packed- it's one of those rare ones where the home end was a side- Man City had it, Birmingham I think, Pompey....

My powers of recollection are sh*te nowadays but, somehow, his name stuck. I was definitely at the game though.

On 2/12/2018 at 15:44, Famous CFC said:

Scored some important goals for us in his time here. Fa Cup Semi Final winner against Newcastle, and the winner in the European Super Cup. Top player as far I'm concerned. 

Totally agree. He had a great eye for goal (read somewhere he started as a striker) and pretty good vision but also rolled his sleeves up and worked for the team. I know some people mention him kissing his badge in the league cup semi for the Y@ds but im didnt see that and am not convinced it happened. I think he just over celebrated which was aimed at Ranieri who had sold him against his wishes. Hes always positive about us when he is asked.

9 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

Totally agree. He had a great eye for goal (read somewhere he started as a striker) and pretty good vision but also rolled his sleeves up and worked for the team. I know some people mention him kissing his badge in the league cup semi for the Y@ds but im didnt see that and am not convinced it happened. I think he just over celebrated which was aimed at Ranieri who had sold him against his wishes. Hes always positive about us when he is asked.

He’s a friend and a great guy. The badge thing didn’t happen and loves this club to this day.

16 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

Old floppy hands my mate used to call him, owing to the way he used to shake them when he scored or became exited about something or other.

Another mate got on the pitch after the final whistle in Stockholm and had Poyet on his shoulders.

Edited by Ewell CFC

2 hours ago, Boyne said:

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, text

No automatic alt text available.

I remember that a few months ago someone on here mentioned about recordings of cup finals which we were in. Mono recordings, that takes me back.

I remember listening to these before we use to set off for a saturday game in the 80s at my mates house when kick offs were 3pm THOSE WERE THE DAYS no sky telling you what time you could kick off