Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Bridgeman

Any game recommendation?

4,748 posts in this topic
On 3/17/2017 at 19:12, mad_mac said:

Anyone play RE7?

It's back to the original game in that it's not just blasting away all damn game, and so far the thing you have to work out puzzle-wise, are spread out throughout the game..not just finding something in the same room.

Very different feel, and enjoying it so far.  Won't be playing it in the dark though

not gonna lie, i've played a few hours of it but i'm sh*t scared to put the disk back in the console. Honestly one of the scariest games i've played to date.

mad_mac likes this

even EA's biggest shill IGN only gave andromeda 7.7

what a disappointment, bioware peaked at mass effect 2 then ea goons took over, pricks

Edited by havelschayes

Apparently the team who made the original trilogy all left after ME3, and the team who made this one are the ones who did the online multiplayer features, and this is their first game. 

So it was always going to be worse.

On 3/21/2017 at 04:50, RIP Mourinho said:

not gonna lie, i've played a few hours of it but i'm sh*t scared to put the disk back in the console. Honestly one of the scariest games i've played to date.

Its out there, isn't it!  I'm playing it in small doses myself.  

I'm actually glad that it's not just a run and blast type game, but i've just started running into the "others" or whatever they are in the basement of the main house, and I don't think shooting them does anything.  They killed me once, and I said "ok, that's enough for today."

I've heard that it's also really spooky if you have the VR set, but the VR play isn't that great (doesn't let you look around any more than if you were just looking at the TV type thing)

11 hours ago, mad_mac said:

Its out there, isn't it!  I'm playing it in small doses myself.  

I'm actually glad that it's not just a run and blast type game, but i've just started running into the "others" or whatever they are in the basement of the main house, and I don't think shooting them does anything.  They killed me once, and I said "ok, that's enough for today."

I've heard that it's also really spooky if you have the VR set, but the VR play isn't that great (doesn't let you look around any more than if you were just looking at the TV type thing)

Absolutely no chance of me playing it with VR haha! I'm at the part where you need to find the three dog head pieces so i'm running around the house and basement just praying i don't die

6 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Absolutely no chance of me playing it with VR haha! I'm at the part where you need to find the three dog head pieces so i'm running around the house and basement just praying i don't die

Exactly where i am at, also.  Tried shooting on of those "others" in the leg, to get past it, but then the next room i went into (trying to find the scorpion etc door keys, or anything else) there was another one of them, and when I turned around the one i shot in the leg was there too...  Killed, and switched the game off

So Andromeda is a pile of w**k, eh? Rushed, buggy, complicated menus and poor quest design.

I've never played a ME game but I always thought they were hyped up to hernia. Glad Andromeda isn't all that. The devs leaving and having a multiplayer team design the game really messed things up

That article is almost as much of a mess as the game.

Anyway... I've finally started playing The Talos Principle after buying it ages ago. Great stuff, I love a good head-scratcher.

Zinc likes this

5 hours ago, havelschayes said:

i concede to my fanboyism and bought andromeda

space intercourse here i come!

Space intercourse?  Is this a new method of beaming up for a quickie, that even @yorkleyblue hasn't heard of yet?

yorkleyblue likes this

1 hour ago, moi said:

Space intercourse?  Is this a new method of beaming up for a quickie, that even @yorkleyblue hasn't heard of yet?

What are you doing in this thread @moi ? This is game talk! Perhaps you'd feel more at home in your blasted Musical Connections thread or whatever it is.

Be gone!  

moi, Beerqueen and yorkleyblue like this

21 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Don't take it personally @moi, the people in this thread aren't used to being in the presence of women.

I`m just surprised one of us managed to talk to a woman without turning bright red and fainting....

moi likes this

8 hours ago, havelschayes said:

i concede to my fanboyism and bought andromeda

space intercourse here i come!

I think a lot of these articles have gone way over the top on the game based on the nuttier gaming community losing there sh*t over it. I`m thoroughly enjoying it, the combat is comfortably the best in of the series and as good as any other of its type, the rest of the game is pure ME gameplay so I`m not sure what they expected. Some of the text is cheesy and odd, but its always been like that in the series, and certainly no worse than a lot of other games. The animation at times is terrible, and thats where the main problem is, but it in no way detracts from the game for me, and theres plenty of outstanding images in it too. Unfortunately the whole gaming world is now filled with hyperbolic nonsense with loads of people desperate to find faults with everything and jump all over it. Look on that Neogaf forum, they are actual mentalists, people cancelling their pre-order of the game simply because the codex is no longer spoken, just text :laugh2:. Then the more sinister side with one of the poor women who worked as an animator on ME:Andromeda being given disgusting abuse on twitter, proper nasty stuff along with death threats. Its a f**king video game you morons.

Edited by dkw
Zinc likes this

Ah, dkw has resumed normal service! So like Jon Snow I know nothing.

dkw likes this

1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

Don't take it personally @moi, the people in this thread aren't used to being in the presence of women.

OI!!!

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I think a lot of these articles have gone way over the top on the game based on the nuttier gaming community losing there sh*t over it. I`m thoroughly enjoying it, the combat is comfortably the best in of the series and as good as any other of its type, the rest of the game is pure ME gameplay so I`m not sure what they expected. Some of the text is cheesy and odd, but its always been like that in the series, and certainly no worse than a lot of other games. The animation at times is terrible, and thats where the main problem is, but it in no way detracts from the game for me, and theres plenty of outstanding images in it too. Unfortunately the whole gaming world is now filled with hyperbolic nonsense with loads of people desperate to find faults with everything and jump all over it. Look on that Neogaf forum, they are actual mentalists, people cancelling their pre-order of the game simply because the codex is no longer spoken, just text :laugh2:. Then the more sinister side with one of the poor women who worked as an animator on ME:Andromeda being given disgusting abuse on twitter, proper nasty stuff along with death threats. Its a f**king video game you morons.

Totally agree with this. I've only played the game for about two hours but so far I've enjoyed it. Yes, the animations are bonkers at times but it's not the end of the world. 

Haven't managed to tear myself away from Battlefield 1 online since about Christmas but picked up Shadow of Mordor GOTY on offer the other day, got to say what a breath of fresh air, the Nemesis system is a great change to the usual.

Properly recommend for anyone.

2 hours ago, RichardCFC said:

Has anyone got/going to get the Battlefield DLC?

I thought about but I saw that they're charging £40 so they can jog on!

5 hours ago, Huttsey said:

I thought about but I saw that they're charging £40 so they can jog on!

I can get it for £35 because I have EA Access but I think I'll wait until they release the first one individually rather than get the Premium Pass for all 4, as I may not even be playing it when they release the next three.