Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Bridgeman

Any game recommendation?

Currently playing Golf Story on my Switch. It was only 13 quid from the Nintendo eShop and so far it's a blast. It's been getting very good reviews too. If anyone had Mario Golf on the Game Boy Color, you'll love this. 

I am not into golf at all but Golf Story is more a mix of an RPG and golf rather than straight-up golf. It's very well written, charming and funny too. 

But by the looks of things I am the only person on this forum who owns a Nintendo Switch so I doubt anyone cares...

21 hours ago, Blueblur said:

Currently playing Golf Story on my Switch. It was only 13 quid from the Nintendo eShop and so far it's a blast. It's been getting very good reviews too. If anyone had Mario Golf on the Game Boy Color, you'll love this. 

I am not into golf at all but Golf Story is more a mix of an RPG and golf rather than straight-up golf. It's very well written, charming and funny too. 

But by the looks of things I am the only person on this forum who owns a Nintendo Switch so I doubt anyone cares...

Are they worth it? I'd love to get one but the only games i play on Nintendo are usually Mario, Zelda or Pokemon. 

Can you play the Pokemon games, like the ones on the DS, on the switch?

8 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Are they worth it? I'd love to get one but the only games i play on Nintendo are usually Mario, Zelda or Pokemon. 

Can you play the Pokemon games, like the ones on the DS, on the switch?

The new Mario: Odyssey is out this month and looks fantastic. Zelda: Breath of the Wild is brilliant, rightly heralded as one of the greatest games ever made, I've put in over 100 hours of it already! I'd definitely say it's worth it, for Zelda alone. 

You can't play DS games on the Switch. They have relased Pokken Tournament for Switch, which is a Pokemon beat 'em up, but I played the demo and didn't like it.

Edited by Blueblur

For anyone who hasn't yet bought Fifa 18 this a little prewarning, the game has a few bugs and not really worth getting at the moment until they are fixed in my opinion.  So far I have encountered:

- Career mode.  For some reason when you sell players or sign players on a precontract, they don't actually join/leave your club.  Actually trying to sign a player is really tough.  When a player is sold, there wages aren't added to the wage pot.  This is really frustrating when trying to play a career with a team like Doncaster.

- Finesse shot bug.  If like me, you remap your button layout, for some reason it causes a glitch with finesse shot.  No matter how much power you apply to a shot, the bar fills up and the ball is skyed over the bar.

Edited by Fendieta

I bought Uncharted 4 second hand. Slightly disappointed with it if I’m honest. It plays well and looks amazing but it feels too much like the The Last of Us. 

I’m probabrly the only person who thinks that though..

Played through Cuphead, if it wasn't for Persona 5, this would be my game of the year. Looks amazing, it's tough but not frustrating (I've a low frustration threshold and this game never got to me despite dying 140 times before completing)

Also played the Wonder Boy : The Dragon's Trap remake. This was one of my favourite games as a kid and I've finally been able to complete it without needing to use the West 0ne password/cheat!

On 18/10/2017 at 12:55, mcartoscelli said:

The new South Park: Fractured but whole, is a lot of fun. Slightly crap keyboard controls though. 

Got it on PS4 loved the first one and this one is a lot of fun too. 

Cuphead is amazing, but also bar steward hard.

New wolfenstein is a blast as expected, can't beat that double wield.

I also downloaded the old Kotor game which is now backwards compatible on the Xbox one, God I love that game.

On 10/28/2017 at 02:16, dkw said:

Cuphead is amazing, but also bar steward hard.

New wolfenstein is a blast as expected, can't beat that double wield.

I also downloaded the old Kotor game which is now backwards compatible on the Xbox one, God I love that game.

i see that the New Colossus is only getting a 6/10 rating.  Quite surprised it's that low.  Any ideas as to why?  I can only guess that it's too similar to last ones?

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

New CoD is definitely the best since the original Modern Warfare for me. A few server issues but nothing that isn't expected from such a big release. The online gameplay is very fun indeed without those sh*te jetpacks. 

I was considering picking that up, it looks like a breath of fresh air but to be honest I don't know if I can ever play another shooter that will compare to Overwatch. It's honestly the best FPS game I've ever played in 15 years of gaming.

4 minutes ago, RMCM said:

I was considering picking that up, it looks like a breath of fresh air but to be honest I don't know if I can ever play another shooter that will compare to Overwatch. It's honestly the best FPS game I've ever played in 15 years of gaming.

I didn't think i'd ever enjoy CoD again after Battlefield 1 but this really is fun. The new game mode 'War' is brilliant, so much better than just lining up and waiting for a 10 minute TDM.

Very tempted to get it. 

Ive currently got Uncharted 4 but I just can’t get into it. I know I will be shot for saying that but but it’s not grabbing me. Not saying it’s a bad game, think it’s just my own preference. 

4 hours ago, JM7 said:

Very tempted to get it. 

Ive currently got Uncharted 4 but I just can’t get into it. I know I will be shot for saying that but but it’s not grabbing me. Not saying it’s a bad game, think it’s just my own preference. 

I started Uncharted 4 too and just couldn't bring myself to continue either! I will be shot for saying this but I think The Last of Us was equally as dull

7 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I picked up the borderlands handsome collection for £8 on the PlayStation store. One of those ‘I’ll stop when I finish the next bit’ sort of games :laugh2:

I love Borderlands games, just a great blast. Nothing clever just balls out shooter. But such fun.