Bridgeman

Any game recommendation?

11 hours ago, mad_mac said:

Anyone try the new Spiderman yet?  Seen some gameplay and it looks great.

I want it but haven't finished AC: Origins yet, which, tbh, I am bored of. I might just go an order it off Amazon, damn I want to swing round NY and try the photo mode! 

12 hours ago, mad_mac said:

Anyone try the new Spiderman yet?  Seen some gameplay and it looks great.

It's very good. Slightly over-hyped though.

Main story quest is great, the cut scenes and set pieces are really well done. 

Web swinging around New York is great, they've done a really good job with that. 

Side missions and collectibles though are disappointing, they're quite bland and offer no challenge like the Riddler challenges did in the Arkham games.   

It's a great game...personally I love the side quests...especially because it's nice just swinging around the city to get to them. I just unlocked the challenges, they are the most difficult part of the game for me so far.

19 hours ago, Cam said:

I just unlocked the challenges, they are the most difficult part of the game for me so far.

I wish they explained how the scoring in the challenges better. 

Following the drones, you can hit all the blue orbs but still not be anywhere near the score needed for gold. Same goes with stealth ones, not sure if you score more points for variation on take downs as well as speed of completion? 

Edited by ForeverCarefree

Bloody Overwatch.

A few seasons ago I was in the Platinum rank in competitive, about 2700 points. In the last few seasons I've lost over 1000 points and nearly into the lowest possible rank.

4 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I wish they explained how the scoring in the challenges better. 

Following the drones, you can hit all the blue orbs but still not be anywhere near the score needed for gold. Same goes with stealth ones, not sure if you score more points for variation on take downs as well as speed of completion? 

I've attempted two drone ones, and golded them both (not quickly mind you).

You have to hit every single blue orb, without fail (because you get more and more points for consecutive orb hits). Other than that, you literally need a near flawless run. Can't stop, can't accidentally zip to the wrong perch and have to go back. You just have to learn the route and hit every single landing you need. The number of times I've tried to zip to one point and zipped above or below it and missed the orb....ergh. Each fail just leads me to pause and start from checkpoint to start again.

I've golded the only stealth one I've tried. It was fine. The bombs are fine (well the first two I did seemed easy, the third was much more difficult, but doable). I've attempted two brawl ones, and only got silver in them (but I also only attempted them once...because it's not easy to quickly redo that one)

I've not really played games for ages and even gave away my PS3 and Wii, but I picked up Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS recently and it's bloody brilliant. I know nobody cares about 5 year old 3DS games but it had to be said.

20 hours ago, bluedave said:

I've not really played games for ages and even gave away my PS3 and Wii, but I picked up Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS recently and it's bloody brilliant. I know nobody cares about 5 year old 3DS games but it had to be said.

I had it on Gamecube and loved it. 

I still have my 3DS but don't play it anymore since I have a Switch. The 3DS is a great little console, I have Zelda: Majora's Mask on there (my favourite game of all time) and it looks fantastic. 

1 hour ago, Blueblur said:

I had it on Gamecube and loved it. 

I still have my 3DS but don't play it anymore since I have a Switch. The 3DS is a great little console, I have Zelda: Majora's Mask on there (my favourite game of all time) and it looks fantastic. 

I've started Majora's Mask on 3DS a couple of times but tend to get distracted and drift away, and when I eventually come back to it I've forgotten what I'm supposed to be doing. I think I might give it another go after I've finished Luigi's Mansion because it's one of the few Zelda games I've not completed. I'd like to get a Switch eventually (if only to play the latest Zelda game) but at the moment I'm content with just the 3DS.

8 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Tempted to start up Skyrim again.

Ahh man I want it for Switch but have no right to buy it right now, since I have Spider-Man to play this weekend, the new pokemon to buy for Switch along with the new Super Smash, and then of course Red Dead 2. 

Too many games. No time! 

10 minutes ago, bluedave said:

I've started Majora's Mask on 3DS a couple of times but tend to get distracted and drift away, and when I eventually come back to it I've forgotten what I'm supposed to be doing. I think I might give it another go after I've finished Luigi's Mansion because it's one of the few Zelda games I've not completed. I'd like to get a Switch eventually (if only to play the latest Zelda game) but at the moment I'm content with just the 3DS.

The only Zelda I never completed was Phantom Hourglass on DS. You gotta do it man, the ending to Majora's Mask is so good! Breath of the Wild for Switch was fantastic. Such a beautiful game. the dungeons were a piece of piss though. 

7 hours ago, Zeta said:

Tempted to start up Skyrim again.

I was thinking the same or having another go at fallout 4. I don’t think I can bare all the settlements that need my help though :blush2:

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

I was thinking the same or having another go at fallout 4. I don’t think I can bare all the settlements that need my help though :blush2:

I think you should bare all, @Munkworth. I'm sure @Valerie will agree with me on this. :wink:

So, I have Spider-Man. 

It's good. Swinging around feels amazing. The combat is also great fun, I like how you can mod the suits and use gadgets. And photomode is awesome! 

Graphically I have to say though, I am a little disappointed. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it almost looks last-gen to me, certainly not up to PS4 standards. Perhaps it looks much better on a Pro, but I am sure as hell not going to fork out money for that.

Now it's a race against time to have it finished before Red Dead 2...

Got the Spider-Man platinum at the weekend. 

It's a good game but not great in my opinion. The main story is very short, even if the cut scenes, voice acting etc. are excellent. I would have liked some more fleshed out side quests, when I think of some of the Batman Arkham side quests where you chipped away at them and there was great stories to them linked to characters and villains from the Batman universe being asked to catch 12 pigeons for a homeless guy just felt a bit bland by comparison. 

Now begins the wait for Red Dead. In the mean time I picked up FIFA 18 on the Playstation store for a tenner which will probably take up a bit of playing time. 

I started on Metal Gear Solid 5 which I had in my library from PS Plus... But the Metal Gear games just feel really pretentious to me and I can't get into them. The cut scenes are so long and there are so many of them. I'm not sure I have the patience to play stealth games either, I inevitably end up charging in and trying to do things quickly and aggressively. 

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I inevitably end up charging in and trying to do things quickly and aggressively. 

Sounds like my sex-life...

Moving on, I am enjoying Spider-Man immensely. It's not astounding but the general overall quality of the game is high, cut-scenes, story etc. I see what you mean about the side-missions though, I keep thinking of The Witcher 3 and how great they were structured. I've not finished it yet but I'm not far off.

I too am now waiting for Red Dead 2. I am a tad worried though, they seem to have gone down the VERY realistic route of having guns jam, get dirty, need to be cleaned amongst other things. I hope there isn't too much of that. It's meant to be a game after all and FUN. Despite that though it's Rockstar and their games are always outstanding. 

10 hours ago, Blueblur said:

I keep thinking of The Witcher 3 and how great they were structured.

If you compare every game to The Witcher 3 you’ll always be thoroughly disappointed.