Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Qaz

Easy one button ignores

Hello Moderators

I haven't posted on here much recently, but when I have come back i've noticed a bit of a drop off in the quality of the posts of late.

Now I love a good debate and I don't need to agree with everyone, but I just feel like when people start posting immature crap its a waste of my time to have to read it.

Which is why i'd like to request next to the "like this" button an "ignore this person" button that will hide all posts from that person from you all over the site.

I believe somewhere on the site already there is a "block" button (i'm not sure how to find it) but I can't help but feel the more accessible this is, the less petty time wasting squabbles with break out on here and people who are upset by posts by others can easily block them rather than getting into pointless internet arguments.

I understand the forum software while being quite customizable isn't easily programmed, so I can appreciate if this request is hard or impossible to complete, but if it can be done I think it must save alot of heartache and make your jobs alot easier.

Thanx

-Qaz

Another related suggestion

I saw Lauren's very reasonable post here () about people reporting other people's posts unnecessarily. One idea to help stop this is simply to have it written into the script that if you report someone else's posts, it will also automatically ignore them as well. That way your only likely to report that person once, and if its frivolous enough that you still want to converse with the other person, you will think twice before clicking the button.

It is in fact incredibly easy to put people on ignore. Click on your name at the top left of the page. Then a drop down list will appear with "Manage Ignore Preferences" at the bottom. Click on that, type in the name of the person you wish to ignore, tick which aspects you wish to ignore e.g. posts, messages,

and Bob's your uncle!

It is in fact incredibly easy to put people on ignore. Click on your name at the top left of the page. Then a drop down list will appear with "Manage Ignore Preferences" at the bottom. Click on that, type in the name of the person you wish to ignore, tick which aspects you wish to ignore e.g. posts, messages,

and Bob's your uncle!

Thankyou Moi

This feature is incredibly important

Can I bring this up again?

I'll make a donation to the forum if need be to make this happen. I really think the forum needs it to deal with all the trolls lately

I've never felt the need to put anyone on ignore, it's simple to just scroll past someones post.

Come to think of it, I wonder how many ignore lists I'm on, have I been talking to myself all this time?!@

Hello Moderators

I haven't posted on here much recently, but when I have come back i've noticed a bit of a drop off in the quality of the posts of late.

Now I love a good debate and I don't need to agree with everyone, but I just feel like when people start posting immature crap its a waste of my time to have to read it.

Which is why i'd like to request next to the "like this" button an "ignore this person" button that will hide all posts from that person from you all over the site.

I believe somewhere on the site already there is a "block" button (i'm not sure how to find it) but I can't help but feel the more accessible this is, the less petty time wasting squabbles with break out on here and people who are upset by posts by others can easily block them rather than getting into pointless internet arguments.

I understand the forum software while being quite customizable isn't easily programmed, so I can appreciate if this request is hard or impossible to complete, but if it can be done I think it must save alot of heartache and make your jobs alot easier.

Thanx

-Qaz

Head up own arse pops to mind

My goodness, Q, if that's all the heartache you've known in your life you are one lucky wee beggar!

To put people on ignore, click your user name at top left of page and scroll down to where it says "manage ignore preferences." Easy p.......

Start with me if you like.....