Hulk coming to Chelsea?

mourad91
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Absolutely not. Massively overrated and would cost an absolute fortune. I would hope the club has learned it's lesson on paying ridiuclous amounts for strikers (or anyone really). Though the way we've been run over the past few years, who's to say...

He looks good in portugal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXT3IT01r3A&feature=related

But that's a vastly inferior league to England, and watching some of the tricks he does to beat players, they just wouldn't work most of the time here.

Besides, Torres looks amazing on Youtube as well, and look how that turned out.

You can only beat what's in front of you to be fair BS! I think he's a very tidy player, with a great striker, and I'd take him in a heartbeat, just not for 80m.

Torres looks amazing on Youtube as well, and look how that turned out.

With the exception that we know that Torres has done well in the Premiership. It's just that it all happened before we decided to buy him and he was already struggling before we did. Torres is not AVB's signing and our system doesn't really suit Torres' style, which doesn't exactly help him find his form. Then again, although AVB would know exactly what Hulk can do, a player like him is not a priority for us at the moment. We could probably get both Hazard and Modric for the price of Hulk. Well, if the rumours about his 80-90mil pricetag are true, mind you.

Absolutely not. Massively overrated and would cost an absolute fortune. I would hope the club has learned it's lesson on paying ridiuclous amounts for strikers (or anyone really). Though the way we've been run over the past few years, who's to say...

You said it all.

I actually think he would do well in the EPL. It's just that the price stipulated in the release clause is absolutely bonkers; basically, Porto don't want to sell. If we could do a deal for, say, 30M, I'd be for it. But Hazard is my first choice.

This is most definitely the type of player we need though.

Cheers,

Butch

Sorry but I can't understand those that are calling him overrated. This kid is going to destroy the next league he plays in whether its the Prem or La Liga. His pace, power, Cristiano type skill and goal scoring ability is nothing like I have seen before outside of Messi, Cristiano and Ronaldinho.

This player is not anywhere near overrated. He is a special player and also a special athlete. He is a really a 21st century model athlete that combines every trait you want athletically, with size, and elite skill level.

Personally I think he is worth whatever Porto wants for him. They know they are sitting on a gold mine, they are willing to sell and they know that one day one of the big teams will pay his fee. Simple as that.

I hope its Chelsea because I think his impact would be gargantuan. Very similar to the impact Cristiano had on Man U. That's how good I think this guy is. Edited by Saaladin

Ach come on, he's not proven until he's proven in the Premier League.

Thats why Ronaldo went for so much (£80M), because he was nothing short of awesome for Manure 90% of the time (even though he was a complete rat).

Ronaldo wouldn't have went to Madrid for £80M if he had stayed at Sporting before joining Utd.

£83M for a guy whos playing at Porto is frankly ludicrous, and I dont think you will see anyone silly enough to buy him for that.

Edited by Zola

Ach come on, he's not proven until he's proven in the Premier League.

Thats why Ronaldo went for so much (£80M), because he was nothing short of awesome for Manure 90% of the time (even though he was a complete rat).

Ronaldo hardly would have went to Madrid for 80M if he had stayed where he was before joining Utd.

£83M for a guy whos playing at Porto is frankly ludicrous, and I dont think you will see anyone silly enough to buy him for that.

What he has done at Porto though he has done against European competition as well, not just in Portugal. This guy has 67 goals and 50 assists in 149 games. That is an insane amount of production. Not only can he score but he is a fantastic playmaker which will help our 50 million pound man.

I think the amount of money is obviously excessive but the impact he could have at Chelsea might make it all worth it.

As for being proven, the video doesn't lie as scouts like to say. This guy's skills are nothing like what we have at Chelsea. Sorry but no Chelsea player is anywhere near Hulk in terms of skill, pace, goal scoring ability and playmaking.

Sorry but I can't understand those that are calling him overrated. This kid is going to destroy the next league he plays in whether its the Prem or La Liga. His pace, power, Cristiano type skill and goal scoring ability is nothing like I have seen before outside of Messi, Cristiano and Ronaldinho.

This player is not anywhere near overrated. He is a special player and also a special athlete. He is a really a 21st century model athlete that combines every trait you want athletically, with size, and elite skill level.

Personally I think he is worth whatever Porto wants for him. They know they are sitting on a gold mine, they are willing to sell and they know that one day one of the big teams will pay his fee. Simple as that.

I hope its Chelsea because I think his impact would be gargantuan. Very similar to the impact Cristiano had on Man U. That's how good I think this guy is.

He's excellent but there are two football players in the world worth that much money and their names are Messi and Ronaldo. Period.

BTW, do you know how much Man U paid for Ronaldo? 15 million euros. Hulk's buyout clause is nearly 7 times that. No thanks. Great player, horrible value.

He's got good pace/power/finishing, but there's no way defenders in the PL would let him run circles around them like the ones in the video. I'd take him for 30m but no way he's worth 50. Lets put it this way: I'd take Fabregas over Hulk any day (Fabregas cost 35m)