Why Cahill hasn't been playing..

Zola
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Andre Villas-Boas has dismissed talk that he is avoiding playing new signing Gary Cahill.

Cahill, singed from Bolton for £7m last month, has played just one game for the Blues – the 3-3 draw with Manchester United.

On that occasion, he was Villas-Boas' only option: with the manager having to reshuffle his defensive pack due to the absence of John Terry and Ashley Cole.

But Villas-Boas has explained there is no rift: Cahill's absence has been due to illness.

“He was ill - Gary was ill all of last week,†said the manager. “That's why we didn't decide to put him onto Everton.

“He only trained once: that's why he didn't have that continuity that he expected for the game against Everton.

“Nothing else, because his performance was excellent against United.â€

Villas-Boas said Cahill was in contention for a starting berth against Birmingham in the FA Cup tomorrow (Saturday). He also said that injured midfielder Ramires is fit to play.

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/chelsea-fc-ealing/2012/02/17/villas-boas-comes-clean-on-cahill-rift-claims-82029-30350988/

Because I dont believe him. Just because he has said it doesnt mean its true.

Oh and Im a Chelsea fan. Born & bred through generations of my family. Grew up going to Chelsea matches every week. But I can assure you I never claimed to be a fan of AVB - as you suggest.

More like he hasn't been playing Cahill because Ivanovic is a better CB than him, and Bosingwa is his little golden boy at the moment so he is going pick him at RB when Terry or Luiz is unavailable, so Ivanovic goes CB.

I'm not sure Ivan is. I much prefer him at right back

Because I dont believe him. Just because he has said it doesnt mean its true.

Oh and Im a Chelsea fan. Born & bred through generations of my family. Grew up going to Chelsea matches every week. But I can assure you I never claimed to be a fan of AVB - as you suggest.

So why exactly dont you believe him? What reason does he have to lie about this, considering he hasn`t lied about any of his other decisions so far.

Why was he on the bench then? If he was ill why travel all the way to liverpool? AVB stop the b******t!

Read the quote again. Cahill only had one training session because he was ill. So he wasn't practied enough.

AVB doesn't say he was ill on match day.

The venom here is just ridiculous. I'm going to say that some so-called "Chelsea" fans should be ashamed of themselves.

Read the quote again. Cahill only had one training session because he was ill. So he wasn't practied enough.

AVB doesn't say he was ill on match day.

The venom here is just ridiculous. I'm going to say that some so-called "Chelsea" fans should be ashamed of themselves.

Its shocking isnt it, AVB has no reason at all to lie about Cahill as he knows the truth would come out anyway. Yet even our own fans choose to think hes a lier.