Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zola

Why Cahill hasn't been playing..

Andre Villas-Boas has dismissed talk that he is avoiding playing new signing Gary Cahill.

Cahill, singed from Bolton for £7m last month, has played just one game for the Blues – the 3-3 draw with Manchester United.

On that occasion, he was Villas-Boas' only option: with the manager having to reshuffle his defensive pack due to the absence of John Terry and Ashley Cole.

But Villas-Boas has explained there is no rift: Cahill's absence has been due to illness.

“He was ill - Gary was ill all of last week,†said the manager. “That's why we didn't decide to put him onto Everton.

“He only trained once: that's why he didn't have that continuity that he expected for the game against Everton.

“Nothing else, because his performance was excellent against United.â€

Villas-Boas said Cahill was in contention for a starting berth against Birmingham in the FA Cup tomorrow (Saturday). He also said that injured midfielder Ramires is fit to play.

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/chelsea-fc-ealing/2012/02/17/villas-boas-comes-clean-on-cahill-rift-claims-82029-30350988/

blizeH likes this

More like he hasn't been playing Cahill because Ivanovic is a better CB than him, and Bosingwa is his little golden boy at the moment so he is going pick him at RB when Terry or Luiz is unavailable, so Ivanovic goes CB.

Because I dont believe him. Just because he has said it doesnt mean its true.

Oh and Im a Chelsea fan. Born & bred through generations of my family. Grew up going to Chelsea matches every week. But I can assure you I never claimed to be a fan of AVB - as you suggest.

More like he hasn't been playing Cahill because Ivanovic is a better CB than him, and Bosingwa is his little golden boy at the moment so he is going pick him at RB when Terry or Luiz is unavailable, so Ivanovic goes CB.

I'm not sure Ivan is. I much prefer him at right back

Because I dont believe him. Just because he has said it doesnt mean its true.

Oh and Im a Chelsea fan. Born & bred through generations of my family. Grew up going to Chelsea matches every week. But I can assure you I never claimed to be a fan of AVB - as you suggest.

So why exactly dont you believe him? What reason does he have to lie about this, considering he hasn`t lied about any of his other decisions so far.

Good to hear, thank you Zola. I have to admit I was so frustrated to see (essentially) Bosingwa playing at Cahill's expense, and was really wondering what Cahill must have thought he's got himself into here.

Zola and chelseablueboy like this

I'm not sure Ivan is. I much prefer him at right back

Me too. When he's slotted into a CB role, he plays like a RB playing out of position. He did such a great job adapting to playing out wide......so leave him there.

Excellent, was concerned he dropped him so he could play Bosingwa (seriously...!). I know we have no right to demand an explanation to his decisions but I'm glad we've got one...!

Next question: Why always Bosingwa?

So this means there's been a reason for a certain selection issue he's been slated for all along? Who'd have thought reason would have anything to do with it? Personally, I'm disappointed.

Maksimov likes this

Why was he on the bench then? If he was ill why travel all the way to liverpool? AVB stop the b******t!

Read the quote again. Cahill only had one training session because he was ill. So he wasn't practied enough.

AVB doesn't say he was ill on match day.

The venom here is just ridiculous. I'm going to say that some so-called "Chelsea" fans should be ashamed of themselves.

chelseabootboy and dkw like this

Reassuring to read this to be honest. Will be delighted if the end of the illness means Ivan can move out to RB with Bos dropping to the bench (or possibly off the face off the earth)

Why was he on the bench then? If he was ill why travel all the way to liverpool?

To feel better about himself?

Read the quote again. Cahill only had one training session because he was ill. So he wasn't practied enough.

AVB doesn't say he was ill on match day.

The venom here is just ridiculous. I'm going to say that some so-called "Chelsea" fans should be ashamed of themselves.

Its shocking isnt it, AVB has no reason at all to lie about Cahill as he knows the truth would come out anyway. Yet even our own fans choose to think hes a lier.

Zola and moi like this