Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Welcome to The Shed End - Unofficial Chelsea FC Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why Cahill hasn't been playing..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

Zola

Zola

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

Andre Villas-Boas has dismissed talk that he is avoiding playing new signing Gary Cahill.
Cahill, singed from Bolton for £7m last month, has played just one game for the Blues – the 3-3 draw with Manchester United.

On that occasion, he was Villas-Boas' only option: with the manager having to reshuffle his defensive pack due to the absence of John Terry and Ashley Cole.
But Villas-Boas has explained there is no rift: Cahill's absence has been due to illness.

“He was ill - Gary was ill all of last week,” said the manager. “That's why we didn't decide to put him onto Everton.
“He only trained once: that's why he didn't have that continuity that he expected for the game against Everton.

“Nothing else, because his performance was excellent against United.”

Villas-Boas said Cahill was in contention for a starting berth against Birmingham in the FA Cup tomorrow (Saturday). He also said that injured midfielder Ramires is fit to play.

http://www.ealinggaz...82029-30350988/

TonyT1988

TonyT1988

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
More like he hasn't been playing Cahill because Ivanovic is a better CB than him, and Bosingwa is his little golden boy at the moment so he is going pick him at RB when Terry or Luiz is unavailable, so Ivanovic goes CB.

dkw

dkw

Legend

• Members
Donator

AVB can`t win with some people an he. He says the reason he isnt playing yet even some of his "fans" choose not to believe him.

Edited by dkw, 17 February 2012 - 03:47 PM.

TonyT1988

TonyT1988

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
Because I dont believe him. Just because he has said it doesnt mean its true.

Oh and Im a Chelsea fan. Born & bred through generations of my family. Grew up going to Chelsea matches every week. But I can assure you I never claimed to be a fan of AVB - as you suggest.

Ben

Ben

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

More like he hasn't been playing Cahill because Ivanovic is a better CB than him, and Bosingwa is his little golden boy at the moment so he is going pick him at RB when Terry or Luiz is unavailable, so Ivanovic goes CB.

I'm not sure Ivan is. I much prefer him at right back

dkw

dkw

Legend

• Members
Donator

Because I dont believe him. Just because he has said it doesnt mean its true.

Oh and Im a Chelsea fan. Born & bred through generations of my family. Grew up going to Chelsea matches every week. But I can assure you I never claimed to be a fan of AVB - as you suggest.

So why exactly dont you believe him? What reason does he have to lie about this, considering he hasn`t lied about any of his other decisions so far.

blizeH

blizeH

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Good to hear, thank you Zola. I have to admit I was so frustrated to see (essentially) Bosingwa playing at Cahill's expense, and was really wondering what Cahill must have thought he's got himself into here.

Maksimov

Maksimov

Legend

• Members

Just because he has said it doesnt mean its true.

That goes for you as well, I suppose... :wink:

TrojanMan

TrojanMan

In the Ressies

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I'm not sure Ivan is. I much prefer him at right back

Me too. When he's slotted into a CB role, he plays like a RB playing out of position. He did such a great job adapting to playing out wide......so leave him there.

Gem

Gem

Legend

• Moderators
Donator

Excellent, was concerned he dropped him so he could play Bosingwa (seriously...!). I know we have no right to demand an explanation to his decisions but I'm glad we've got one...!

Next question: Why always Bosingwa?

TrojanMan

TrojanMan

In the Ressies

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Next question: Why always Bosingwa?

Hypnotic unibrow. Every time AVB calls him over to explain that he won't be starting, Bossy uses his magical brow to change the subject.

Castiel

Castiel

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

So this means there's been a reason for a certain selection issue he's been slated for all along? Who'd have thought reason would have anything to do with it? Personally, I'm disappointed.

Bluehatter

Bluehatter

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Why was he on the bench then? If he was ill why travel all the way to liverpool? AVB stop the b******t!

wxwax

wxwax

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Why was he on the bench then? If he was ill why travel all the way to liverpool? AVB stop the b******t!

Read the quote again. Cahill only had one training session because he was ill. So he wasn't practied enough.

AVB doesn't say he was ill on match day.

The venom here is just ridiculous. I'm going to say that some so-called "Chelsea" fans should be ashamed of themselves.

darren2607

darren2607

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
Reassuring to read this to be honest. Will be delighted if the end of the illness means Ivan can move out to RB with Bos dropping to the bench (or possibly off the face off the earth)

youlots

youlots

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

Why was he on the bench then? If he was ill why travel all the way to liverpool?

To feel better about himself?

dkw

dkw

Legend

• Members
Donator

Read the quote again. Cahill only had one training session because he was ill. So he wasn't practied enough.

AVB doesn't say he was ill on match day.

The venom here is just ridiculous. I'm going to say that some so-called "Chelsea" fans should be ashamed of themselves.

Its shocking isnt it, AVB has no reason at all to lie about Cahill as he knows the truth would come out anyway. Yet even our own fans choose to think hes a lier.