Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Welcome to The Shed End - Unofficial Chelsea FC Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chelsea v Bolton (PL) 25/02/12 KO 15:00 GMT

Official match thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
294 replies to this topic

footballoholic

footballoholic

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Just saw some bad news, Mata suffers suspected broken finger. Hope its nothing serious,

Assuming he'll play, I'd like to see:

--------------Cech
--Ivan--Luiz--Cahill--Bertrand
----------------
--------Ramires
----------------
Studge----Mata-----Kalou
------------Torres

..along with of course the one starting spot that is reserved for Meireles.

Rotating in Torres with Drogs playing the big games.

C'mon Chelsea?

-------------------------------------------------------

Current form:

Chelsea: WDDLDL
Bolton: WWDLLW

Edited by footballoholic, 23 February 2012 - 01:01 PM.

sneakyolz

sneakyolz

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip

Just saw some bad news, Mata suffers suspected broken finger. Hope its nothing serious,

Assuming he'll play, I'd like to see:

--------------Cech
--Ivan--Luiz--Cahill--Bertrand
----------------
--------Ramires
----------------
Studge----Mata-----Kalou
------------Torres

..along with of course the one starting spot that is reserved for Meireles.

Rotating in Torres with Drogs playing the big games.

C'mon Chelsea?

::clap2::

Lets hope essien will occupy Meireles' space

Andreas

Andreas

An Untouchable

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

-------------------Cech
---Ivan------Luiz-------Cahill------Bertrand

-----------------Romeu
----Ramires-----------------Essien

------------------Mata

----Sturridge----------Torres

What is the harm of trying.

dkw

dkw

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

Gonna be a very interesting team this, will AVB stick to his guns and pick his team, or bow down and allow the tail to wag the dog again.

Spiller86

Spiller86

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

The idea of Torres cutting in from the left on his right foot and Sturridge cutting in from the right on his left has been something that has often crossed my mind, Andreas. I shan't think we will see it though.

Predicting the squad has become impossible, who knows who has fallen out with who, and who won't play. I just hope we win to keep ourselves in the hunt for the top four, even if that means having to put up with the current farce for another week.

Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie

First Team Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Gonna be a very interesting team this, will AVB stick to his guns and pick his team, or bow down and allow the tail to wag the dog again.

I think it's a dead cert he won't bow down - well no indicators so far suggest he will...

Not sure if Essien is involved with the purported rows with manager, some of the chatter so far suggests only Cole and Lampard... I really hope not as I'd love to see his on-going inclusion.

Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor

New Signing

• Banned
  • Pip
Cech
Ferriera Ivan Cahill Bertrand
Essien Ramires
Studge Lamps Mata
Drogba

Get Luiz, Bosingwa, Cole, Malouda and Torres out NOW!!!!!!

All are either sh*te, lack hunger or respect, some a combination of the three.Hopefully this time there will be a justified MOTM thread. My prediction - Sturridge against the club that let him grow.

Edited by Chuck Taylor, 23 February 2012 - 01:00 PM.

linesy91

linesy91

In the Ressies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
It seems like 4-4-2 just isn't an option anymore, dont see many teams ever playing it...

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Bertrand

Sturridge Ramires Lampard Mata

Drogba Torres

Why are most managers so scared to play 2 up front?

footballoholic

footballoholic

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Frank Lampard has scored more goals against Bolton than against any other team in the Premier League (11).

Only Robbie Fowler (12) has ever scored more PL goals vs the Trotters than Lampard (11).

mclovin83

mclovin83

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
NEWSFLASH: MATA FIT, TORRES A DOUBT

Posted on: Thu 23 Feb 2012

Manager Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed Juan Mata will be available for selection against Bolton Wanderers on Saturday, despite a broken bone in his finger, but Fernando Torres is doubtful due to illness and Jose Bosingwa is out.
Mata suffered the injury during the first half of Tuesday's defeat at Napoli shortly after scoring, but played on and will be expected to figure against Owen Coyle's side on Saturday. Bosingwa limped off 10 minutes in and will not feature.
Torres did not train on Thursday due to a throat infection but Villas-Boas hopes to have him recovered in time for the weekend. Meanwhile the manager was able to give news on John Terry's knee operation, which he underwent on Wednesday.
'John Terry is out after his knee operation and he is going to be out for five to six weeks, hopefully sooner,' said the Portuguese. Terry has already begun his rehabilitation.
More news to follow.

Bluehatter

Bluehatter

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I agree! I wanna see a line up that excites me and this would! To many times it's just the same old formation with the same old players. If avb tries something different and it still don't dosn't work I'm willing to back him but what's annoying me is he dosn't change anything!

darren2607

darren2607

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
I wouldn't mind seeing Torres and Drogba paired together. If we don't have any incision at least we can hit Drogba who could hopefully flick things on for Torres. It wouldn't be pretty to watch mind.

Damnation

Damnation

First Team Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip

I wouldn't mind seeing Torres and Drogba paired together. If we don't have any incision at least we can hit Drogba who could hopefully flick things on for Torres. It wouldn't be pretty to watch mind.

I think the other way round would be more probable, so Torres sets it up for Drogba.

TrojanMan

TrojanMan

In the Ressies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
It's absolutely worth a shot.

United still roll a 4-4-2, Tottenham go 4-4-1-1, and City have used a 4-4-2 at times. If it's good enough for the top 3 teams, it can't hurt to give it a go.

wxwax

wxwax

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
It was startling v Napoli to see how the ball movement slowed down once Lamps and Essien came on and the formation reverted to the 4-3-3.

One minute the ball was up and down like a greased pig, the next it was stuck in a marsh.

Call me crazy, I wouldn't mind seeing the 4-2-3-1 again.

romansoldier1981

romansoldier1981

First Team Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip

-------------------Cech
---Ivan------Luiz-------Cahill------Bertrand

-----------------Romeu
----Ramires-----------------Essien

------------------Mata

----Sturridge----------Torres

What is the harm of trying.

or

Cech
Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Bertrand
Romeu
Ramires Essien
Lampard
Mata
Sturridge

diamond 4 in midfield with lamps at the top and Mata free to roam around Studge, might be too defensive for Bolton at home though, my main priority now would be to stop leaking goals

Edited by romansoldier1981, 23 February 2012 - 08:48 PM.

Tim W

Tim W

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

I would play Ivan and Cahill in the middle Paulo at RB and Ryan lb and mata, kalou and Danny midfield would be ramires, Luiz and romeu

romansoldier1981

romansoldier1981

First Team Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I think dropping Luiz for Paulo would kill him! personally wouldnt let Kalou in the first team, if anelka had still been with us then he would definetely get a run out

Zeta Orionis

Zeta Orionis

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Zeta's team that won't be picked by AVB but should be so fire him and hire me instead:

Posted Image

Since we have no wingers, Ivan and Bertrand to play pretty much as wing backs and I want them getting right to the byline to get some crosses in, noen of this stopping halfway inside their half and crossing bullsh*t, that just makes it harder to score from as the striker needs to generate more power in their header themselves. Romeu and Essien playing as deep-laying midfielders, dropping into defence when the wingbacks go forward. One of Lamps and Ramires to drop back to slightly to cover, the other to get forward and support Mata and Sturridge. Mata has a free role to go wherever he likes and Sturridge should stay as far forward as possible, on the defenders shoulder, looking for through balls from Mata or Lamps. Luiz may go on one mazy run through the opposition and attempt to score, but only one.

If things are going badly, introduce Torres for Romeu or Essien and go 1 sitting midfielder farther back and 2 up front, with Mata still drifting around behind them. If it's still going badly, it's Kalou-time.

romansoldier1981

romansoldier1981

First Team Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Zeta's team that won't be picked by AVB but should be so fire him and hire me instead:

[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/mj0qc8.jpg[/img]

Since we have no wingers, Ivan and Bertrand to play pretty much as wing backs and I want them getting right to the byline to get some crosses in, noen of this stopping halfway inside their half and crossing bullsh*t, that just makes it harder to score from as the striker needs to generate more power in their header themselves. Romeu and Essien playing as deep-laying midfielders, dropping into defence when the wingbacks go forward. One of Lamps and Ramires to drop back to slightly to cover, the other to get forward and support Mata and Sturridge. Mata has a free role to go wherever he likes and Sturridge should stay as far forward as possible, on the defenders shoulder, looking for through balls from Mata or Lamps. Luiz may go on one mazy run through the opposition and attempt to score, but only one.

If things are going badly, introduce Torres for Romeu or Essien and go 1 sitting midfielder farther back and 2 up front, with Mata still drifting around behind them. If it's still going badly, it's Kalou-time.

like the formation, what did you use for the team diagram??