Jump to content
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting


Zeta

Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL Final) 19/05/12 KO 19:45 BST

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ashwin said:

I keep wondering how Schweinsteiger's penalty didn't hit Cech on its way out. 

It's a bit like rewatching a great movie, isn't it. You know the result, and the story, but it still takes you on an emotional ride.

Cech never got the credit for that save, all the commentators said he missed it, but Cech got fingers to it....and he guessed the right direction for every dive 6/6 saved 3/6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coco said:

Cech never got the credit for that save, all the commentators said he missed it, but Cech got fingers to it....and he guessed the right direction for every dive 6/6 saved 3/6

He really is the unsung hero of that triumph. Cech's evolution from a world class keeper who could never save a penalty to the penalty saving colossus in 2012 is remarkable! 

coco, Boyne, erskblue and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2017 at 07:55, cRyptic said:

 

Reserve 47 minutes of your day for this beauty. <3

From Hero, to Villain to hero again, The Drogba story. When I watch that video I am still expecting Robben to score his pen, still wondering where David Luiz's giant run up will take his pen, expecting Bayerns fifth kick to hit Petr in the back and roll over the line.

 

Take it further back than that though. After the amazing come back when I was so sure it would be next to impossible to turn it around against Napoli I was even more sure Barca had us bang to rights. I mean we lost Cahill to injury, JT got himself sent off stupidly and Barca wasted no time in scoring their two goals. How could we go through now? In the Camp nou, 10 men our main CBs out. We are finished, surely? Ramires goal was a stunner but seriously did it matter? 45 minutes against Messi and co we would be lucky to end only 5-1. Then you start off and don't concede so I start to think ok maybe we wont get thrashed but we are delaying what is inevitable. Then Cesc dives for that pen and I am thinking "seriously Didier these lot are a bunch of cheats you cannot give them a chance".

He did but Cech physicked out Messi and when he hits the bar you begin to wonder "are they starting to lose confidence?". We ride our luck, defend with complete commitment and Barca are now panicking. I mean they should be against 10 men they should be winning comfortably and they are not. Their fans get anxious and it transmits through their team. Then the 11 men lose their shape, those their cool and do not even leave 1 single player back. Maybe they think "it is only Torres he is rubbish now" or maybe they just are not thinking, but you see Torres go through and now is the moment where you think "go on Nando, you can repay everything just beat Valdes".

When he does the eyes begin to tear up a little and you think "how on earth did we pull this off? Surely this is our year!"

 

I was sure though, despite all the magic that it took to get us to the final, going in to the final that this is Bayern and they are in THEIR stadium and are a very good team, how can we overcome that without JT and Brana? 

 

Muller pops up as he is always seem to and I think ok maybe that is it now, heck of an effort but just one step too many. Then Dider steps up as hero again and we go to extra time and you wonder can we do it again, win it 1-2 cause for sure we don't want pens. This is a German team, in Germany. Germans do not lose penalty shoot outs. Then Didier trips Ribery and that is it. Now the Villain, he saved us many times and now the death nail in our campaign. Yet again Cech managed to out do a good penalty taker. For his size big Petr was never that great at saving pens in his time with us, imo, yet somehow he had done Robben and Messi in two CL games in a row.

 

Still though now we are going to a shoot out, that is it right. As I told my better half we needed to win it cause, you know, Germans and shoot out wins are like peanut butter and jelly, they go together so well. Soon as Juan stepped up I knew, for sure, he would miss, I personally thought he was a poor pen taker in his time with us and was amazed he stepped up first.  2-0 Bayern lead and the writing was on the wall and here comes David Luiz with a run up that looked like he fancied starting it in the other half. I remember back to him missing a pen in his Benfica farewell and was wondering where on earth this kick would go. I reckon if he tried that 10 times more would go over the bar than stay under. When it goes in it was a relief and a feeling of "least we got 1 and am sure Frank will get another".

3-1 Bayern, huge pressure on Frank but this is super Frankie Lampard, no way Neuer out does him. Sure enough the confidence was repaid however I was sure the damage had been done.

Then comes Ollic, and Petr saves again. "Hmm" that is all my mind had at the time. Who would take our next pen, Didier? No Ashley Cole "He is rather hit and miss with pens" I thought "either this a beauty or worse than Mata's"

3-3 "Hmm, I did not expect this"

Ahh the club trained kid is last for Bayern. Score this and Neuer writes his own history, the two of them the hero's I thought. A German, a Bayern German, surely this goes in. Then he staggers his run up. I did not know that was his trademark way of taking them as Petr says in this video, in that second I wonder "that smacks of not knowing what to do". I think he lost confidence, i think he knew before and he saw big petr there and lost his nerve, he wanted Petr to make his mind up for him. That killed him, but for me when i saw the ball go wide of Petr's hand (i did not see he got a touch until later) I expected the net to bulge. Then it hits the post and I am sure it will hit Petr and go in. Inches, mere inches from post and in or post and in off Cech. Yet there it was rolling away from goal.

And my draw dropped to the floor. Now, for the first time on the night I thought "we can really do this". I said to my better half "Oh my lord we can do it, just one kick we can do it" After offering some consolation (as she knows little about football and was assuming my negativity was fact) for our impending defeat she now was watching on at me fully stood up inches from our tv as I saw the Drog step up. "This is his chance! He cost us the game in Moscow, he got himself sent off stupidly this is his redemption chance!"

No run up. I would be lying to say I had the confidence in him that I had in Frank but something inside of me now was telling me this is his and our moment. 

 

Then it was like the tv was in split screen. One eye trained on Neuer and what he was doing, the other on Didier and where he would connect the ball. It would not be a blast. Only JFH seemed to be able to blast a pen with no run up. 

I am not sure what I realized first, I think it was that Neuer had gone the wrong way. In that second was send the right eye back to the ball, the goalkeeper is irrelevant now, Didier has got the better of him. "Where is the ball going, is it going wide?" I feared.

Then it nestles in to the corner and we are European Champions. Tears form and the disbelief follows it. I have to see the kick over and over again. I still don't believe it now.

"They say German's don't lose on pens, they do now" 

 

Amazing. What a game, what a season, what a night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

From Hero, to Villain to hero again, The Drogba story. When I watch that video I am still expecting Robben to score his pen, still wondering where David Luiz's giant run up will take his pen, expecting Bayerns fifth kick to hit Petr in the back and roll over the line.

 

Take it further back than that though. After the amazing come back when I was so sure it would be next to impossible to turn it around against Napoli I was even more sure Barca had us bang to rights. I mean we lost Cahill to injury, JT got himself sent off stupidly and Barca wasted no time in scoring their two goals. How could we go through now? In the Camp nou, 10 men our main CBs out. We are finished, surely? Ramires goal was a stunner but seriously did it matter? 45 minutes against Messi and co we would be lucky to end only 5-1. Then you start off and don't concede so I start to think ok maybe we wont get thrashed but we are delaying what is inevitable. Then Cesc dives for that pen and I am thinking "seriously Didier these lot are a bunch of cheats you cannot give them a chance".

He did but Cech physicked out Messi and when he hits the bar you begin to wonder "are they starting to lose confidence?". We ride our luck, defend with complete commitment and Barca are now panicking. I mean they should be against 10 men they should be winning comfortably and they are not. Their fans get anxious and it transmits through their team. Then the 11 men lose their shape, those their cool and do not even leave 1 single player back. Maybe they think "it is only Torres he is rubbish now" or maybe they just are not thinking, but you see Torres go through and now is the moment where you think "go on Nando, you can repay everything just beat Valdes".

When he does the eyes begin to tear up a little and you think "how on earth did we pull this off? Surely this is our year!"

 

I was sure though, despite all the magic that it took to get us to the final, going in to the final that this is Bayern and they are in THEIR stadium and are a very good team, how can we overcome that without JT and Brana? 

 

Muller pops up as he is always seem to and I think ok maybe that is it now, heck of an effort but just one step too many. Then Dider steps up as hero again and we go to extra time and you wonder can we do it again, win it 1-2 cause for sure we don't want pens. This is a German team, in Germany. Germans do not lose penalty shoot outs. Then Didier trips Ribery and that is it. Now the Villain, he saved us many times and now the death nail in our campaign. Yet again Cech managed to out do a good penalty taker. For his size big Petr was never that great at saving pens in his time with us, imo, yet somehow he had done Robben and Messi in two CL games in a row.

 

Still though now we are going to a shoot out, that is it right. As I told my better half we needed to win it cause, you know, Germans and shoot out wins are like peanut butter and jelly, they go together so well. Soon as Juan stepped up I knew, for sure, he would miss, I personally thought he was a poor pen taker in his time with us and was amazed he stepped up first.  2-0 Bayern lead and the writing was on the wall and here comes David Luiz with a run up that looked like he fancied starting it in the other half. I remember back to him missing a pen in his Benfica farewell and was wondering where on earth this kick would go. I reckon if he tried that 10 times more would go over the bar than stay under. When it goes in it was a relief and a feeling of "least we got 1 and am sure Frank will get another".

3-1 Bayern, huge pressure on Frank but this is super Frankie Lampard, no way Neuer out does him. Sure enough the confidence was repaid however I was sure the damage had been done.

Then comes Ollic, and Petr saves again. "Hmm" that is all my mind had at the time. Who would take our next pen, Didier? No Ashley Cole "He is rather hit and miss with pens" I thought "either this a beauty or worse than Mata's"

3-3 "Hmm, I did not expect this"

Ahh the club trained kid is last for Bayern. Score this and Neuer writes his own history, the two of them the hero's I thought. A German, a Bayern German, surely this goes in. Then he staggers his run up. I did not know that was his trademark way of taking them as Petr says in this video, in that second I wonder "that smacks of not knowing what to do". I think he lost confidence, i think he knew before and he saw big petr there and lost his nerve, he wanted Petr to make his mind up for him. That killed him, but for me when i saw the ball go wide of Petr's hand (i did not see he got a touch until later) I expected the net to bulge. Then it hits the post and I am sure it will hit Petr and go in. Inches, mere inches from post and in or post and in off Cech. Yet there it was rolling away from goal.

And my draw dropped to the floor. Now, for the first time on the night I thought "we can really do this". I said to my better half "Oh my lord we can do it, just one kick we can do it" After offering some consolation (as she knows little about football and was assuming my negativity was fact) for our impending defeat she now was watching on at me fully stood up inches from our tv as I saw the Drog step up. "This is his chance! He cost us the game in Moscow, he got himself sent off stupidly this is his redemption chance!"

No run up. I would be lying to say I had the confidence in him that I had in Frank but something inside of me now was telling me this is his and our moment. 

 

Then it was like the tv was in split screen. One eye trained on Neuer and what he was doing, the other on Didier and where he would connect the ball. It would not be a blast. Only JFH seemed to be able to blast a pen with no run up. 

I am not sure what I realized first, I think it was that Neuer had gone the wrong way. In that second was send the right eye back to the ball, the goalkeeper is irrelevant now, Didier has got the better of him. "Where is the ball going, is it going wide?" I feared.

Then it nestles in to the corner and we are European Champions. Tears form and the disbelief follows it. I have to see the kick over and over again. I still don't believe it now.

"They say German's don't lose on pens, they do now" 

 

Amazing. What a game, what a season, what a night.

Goosebumps reading this. Thanks mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

From Hero, to Villain to hero again, The Drogba story. When I watch that video I am still expecting Robben to score his pen, still wondering where David Luiz's giant run up will take his pen, expecting Bayerns fifth kick to hit Petr in the back and roll over the line.

 

Take it further back than that though. After the amazing come back when I was so sure it would be next to impossible to turn it around against Napoli I was even more sure Barca had us bang to rights. I mean we lost Cahill to injury, JT got himself sent off stupidly and Barca wasted no time in scoring their two goals. How could we go through now? In the Camp nou, 10 men our main CBs out. We are finished, surely? Ramires goal was a stunner but seriously did it matter? 45 minutes against Messi and co we would be lucky to end only 5-1. Then you start off and don't concede so I start to think ok maybe we wont get thrashed but we are delaying what is inevitable. Then Cesc dives for that pen and I am thinking "seriously Didier these lot are a bunch of cheats you cannot give them a chance".

He did but Cech physicked out Messi and when he hits the bar you begin to wonder "are they starting to lose confidence?". We ride our luck, defend with complete commitment and Barca are now panicking. I mean they should be against 10 men they should be winning comfortably and they are not. Their fans get anxious and it transmits through their team. Then the 11 men lose their shape, those their cool and do not even leave 1 single player back. Maybe they think "it is only Torres he is rubbish now" or maybe they just are not thinking, but you see Torres go through and now is the moment where you think "go on Nando, you can repay everything just beat Valdes".

When he does the eyes begin to tear up a little and you think "how on earth did we pull this off? Surely this is our year!"

 

I was sure though, despite all the magic that it took to get us to the final, going in to the final that this is Bayern and they are in THEIR stadium and are a very good team, how can we overcome that without JT and Brana? 

 

Muller pops up as he is always seem to and I think ok maybe that is it now, heck of an effort but just one step too many. Then Dider steps up as hero again and we go to extra time and you wonder can we do it again, win it 1-2 cause for sure we don't want pens. This is a German team, in Germany. Germans do not lose penalty shoot outs. Then Didier trips Ribery and that is it. Now the Villain, he saved us many times and now the death nail in our campaign. Yet again Cech managed to out do a good penalty taker. For his size big Petr was never that great at saving pens in his time with us, imo, yet somehow he had done Robben and Messi in two CL games in a row.

 

Still though now we are going to a shoot out, that is it right. As I told my better half we needed to win it cause, you know, Germans and shoot out wins are like peanut butter and jelly, they go together so well. Soon as Juan stepped up I knew, for sure, he would miss, I personally thought he was a poor pen taker in his time with us and was amazed he stepped up first.  2-0 Bayern lead and the writing was on the wall and here comes David Luiz with a run up that looked like he fancied starting it in the other half. I remember back to him missing a pen in his Benfica farewell and was wondering where on earth this kick would go. I reckon if he tried that 10 times more would go over the bar than stay under. When it goes in it was a relief and a feeling of "least we got 1 and am sure Frank will get another".

3-1 Bayern, huge pressure on Frank but this is super Frankie Lampard, no way Neuer out does him. Sure enough the confidence was repaid however I was sure the damage had been done.

Then comes Ollic, and Petr saves again. "Hmm" that is all my mind had at the time. Who would take our next pen, Didier? No Ashley Cole "He is rather hit and miss with pens" I thought "either this a beauty or worse than Mata's"

3-3 "Hmm, I did not expect this"

Ahh the club trained kid is last for Bayern. Score this and Neuer writes his own history, the two of them the hero's I thought. A German, a Bayern German, surely this goes in. Then he staggers his run up. I did not know that was his trademark way of taking them as Petr says in this video, in that second I wonder "that smacks of not knowing what to do". I think he lost confidence, i think he knew before and he saw big petr there and lost his nerve, he wanted Petr to make his mind up for him. That killed him, but for me when i saw the ball go wide of Petr's hand (i did not see he got a touch until later) I expected the net to bulge. Then it hits the post and I am sure it will hit Petr and go in. Inches, mere inches from post and in or post and in off Cech. Yet there it was rolling away from goal.

And my draw dropped to the floor. Now, for the first time on the night I thought "we can really do this". I said to my better half "Oh my lord we can do it, just one kick we can do it" After offering some consolation (as she knows little about football and was assuming my negativity was fact) for our impending defeat she now was watching on at me fully stood up inches from our tv as I saw the Drog step up. "This is his chance! He cost us the game in Moscow, he got himself sent off stupidly this is his redemption chance!"

No run up. I would be lying to say I had the confidence in him that I had in Frank but something inside of me now was telling me this is his and our moment. 

 

Then it was like the tv was in split screen. One eye trained on Neuer and what he was doing, the other on Didier and where he would connect the ball. It would not be a blast. Only JFH seemed to be able to blast a pen with no run up. 

I am not sure what I realized first, I think it was that Neuer had gone the wrong way. In that second was send the right eye back to the ball, the goalkeeper is irrelevant now, Didier has got the better of him. "Where is the ball going, is it going wide?" I feared.

Then it nestles in to the corner and we are European Champions. Tears form and the disbelief follows it. I have to see the kick over and over again. I still don't believe it now.

"They say German's don't lose on pens, they do now" 

 

Amazing. What a game, what a season, what a night.

Reading that I actually welled up ::clap2::

axman2526 and DidierDrogbalala like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2017 at 22:10, coco said:

Cech never got the credit for that save, all the commentators said he missed it, but Cech got fingers to it....and he guessed the right direction for every dive 6/6 saved 3/6

Just add's a further layer to the theory about how much the victory was written. Cech has been pretty terrible at pens all his career, he most of the time gets sent the wrong way with ease, yet on the road to winning this he went the right way 7 times in a row (including Messi's pen).

erskblue and coco like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-21 at 01:00, ashwin said:

He really is the unsung hero of that triumph. Cech's evolution from a world class keeper who could never save a penalty to the penalty saving colossus in 2012 is remarkable! 

Even to this day I cant watch the final in complete comfort. Still feels like we are going to lose considering the chances Bayern missed.

By the same token Moscow upsets me too as I get out my seat thinking that Lampard and Drogs would score instead of hitting the woodwork.

ashwin and Argo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Even to this day I cant watch the final in complete comfort. Still feels like we are going to lose considering the chances Bayern missed.

By the same token Moscow upsets me too as I get out my seat thinking that Lampard and Drogs would score instead of hitting the woodwork.

Thought I'd tell you that your avitar was taken by me. You've chopped out a mutual friend of mine and Ruud from the picture. I was lucky enough to be invited on the pitch after the game and went in the dressing room afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richard P said:

Thought I'd tell you that your avitar was taken by me. You've chopped out a mutual friend of mine and Ruud from the picture. I was lucky enough to be invited on the pitch after the game and went in the dressing room afterwards.

You are a very lucky man indeed. An experienced you cannot describe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Richard P said:

Thought I'd tell you that your avitar was taken by me. You've chopped out a mutual friend of mine and Ruud from the picture. I was lucky enough to be invited on the pitch after the game and went in the dressing room afterwards.

I have that image. Used it as my desktop like forever. I believe you told me this fact & even if I did thank you. I will thank you again cheers.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Maksimov said:

I know it's silly, but I've watched the final (or at least the decisive moments) countless times and I still feel a little anxious during the penalty shoot out. It makes no sense...

Thank god, i thought i was the only one. The whole victory given the state of the squad feels too good to be true even now. On the night i asked for clarity (that it was actually happening) atleast 100 times and im not exaggerating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the guys I go to the games with couldn't watch the penalty shoot-out as he was too nervous. He left his house and sat his car. After the penalty shoot-out one of his sons came out of the house and said: "the Germans have lost on penalties." Cue crazy celebrations.

When I took my seat in the Stadium I met a guy I used to work with. I hadn't seen him since the 2007 FA Cup Final. I wonder if I'll see him again this Saturday.

ForeverCarefree likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Richard P said:

Thought I'd tell you that your avitar was taken by me. You've chopped out a mutual friend of mine and Ruud from the picture. I was lucky enough to be invited on the pitch after the game and went in the dressing room afterwards.

unreal. You weren't the guy who collided with Lamps, I assume?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×