Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

mad_mac

Our Youth on Loan

724 posts in this topic
On 1/2/2017 at 17:14, Drfc95 said:

It's a shame but it's hard to not write off youngsters like Jordan when there are players out on loan in top divisions who will also never make it 

He's been a credit to you though and rejected a few league one clubs to stay with us so I wouldn't be surprised if we signed him on loan again next year in league one 

This is why I dont understand the whole loan system we have going. Like even if we make a profit for selling him, its going to be small and insignificant because hes a championship/league 1 player at best

Colkett, Dabo and Feruz have all been sent on loan to Swindon. I'm surprised Colkett has changed teams. This is Dabo's first loan, Congratulations! You are now a true Chelsea youngster

Chigzzer and PedroMendez like this

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 13:27, TheChelseaBlues said:

Colkett, Dabo and Feruz have all been sent on loan to Swindon. I'm surprised Colkett has changed teams. This is Dabo's first loan, Congratulations! You are now a true Chelsea youngster

Colkett was not starting enough at Bristol Rovers and if we are going to be sending players on loan, especially to that tier, we need them starting.

MvG proving again that he is too good for the Eredivisie hopefully stays injury free though the rest of the season, as he could prove to work very well in our current midfield 2 however it is more likely that we just make a bit of money on him

Lewis Baker with a another great goal and then a bizarre red card, for a mild trip on the halfway line...interesting officiating.

48 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Lewis Baker with a another great goal and then a bizarre red card, for a mild trip on the halfway line...interesting officiating.

The ref is such an asshole, seriously. No one would of complained if he had just given a yellow. Was very harsh. Now he misses 3 games and he won't get a chance to rescind as it was cynical. Just was very harsh for a red.

Floyd25 and big blue like this

Not sure if posted elsewhere but Tomori has joined Brighton on loan until the summer, an opportunity for him to find his 'level' and, if Brighton get promoted, potential to gain experience in the Premier League next season.

Chigzzer likes this

Im being positive here but I think we are going to have a bevy or young players to start integrating into the first team within the next couple of years

Izzy Brown and Kasey Palmer doing well at Huddersfield. Anyone watch them much? Think they've got any chance here?

6 hours ago, Zeta said:

Izzy Brown and Kasey Palmer doing well at Huddersfield. Anyone watch them much? Think they've got any chance here?

Yes, and no. In the the near future I doubt it but long term maybe. Brown, I was never really a fan of but he is doing well at Huddersfield. Intelligent, knows when to pick up certain positions and use the ball well in dangerous positions and his acceleration on the ball quite good too. Palmer, is a late bloomer but really started to like him from last season. Has dribbling ability, a very good shot which we have not yet seen at Huddersfield but is capable of and his acceleration on the ball is brilliant too. It is a shame he picked up an injury that will rule him up to over a month but they are both talented. My opinion is that they are not as good as Boga and Musonda but if they keep impressing and come back and play a part in pre-season and play well you never know.

I think Palmer is more likely to make it than Brown if I had to pick one of the two but again I doubt any of them are good enough to force their way into the first 11. Time will tell.

Blackman won Youth Player of the Year for Wycombe. I know they are just that but his highlight flim is full of really good shot stopping including a handful of penalties he saved. 

dkw and Jezz like this

Saw Bournemouth want to sign Palmer and Huddersfield want Izzy on WAGNH. I'd be happy to see them both go with buyback clauses. Both need to play a full season and at a PL or Championship level before we can judge. Palmer especially, I've never been too excited about Izzy because he doesn't have anything to seperate him from the other forward options we have amassed. 

Hopefully we get rid of: Piazon (5mil), Kalas (5mil), Omerou (3mil), Wallace (1mil), Hector (3mil), Miazga (3mil), Atsu (6mil), Pasalic (5mil), MvG (5mil), Feruz (Free), Remy (Free). 

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

Hopefully we get rid of: Piazon (5mil), Kalas (5mil), Omerou (3mil), Wallace (1mil), Hector (3mil), Miazga (3mil), Atsu (6mil), Pasalic (5mil), MvG (5mil), Feruz (Free), Remy (Free). 

Pasalic and MvG will go for a lot more than 5mil if they are sold, Pasalic is starting for AC Milan and playing reasonably well and MvG was linked for 15m last season, personally I still believe either of them could play a decent squad roles for us but seeing as they are not homegrown it would seem unlikely. Then again 5mil for Paizon would be something. 

We seem to be very good at getting value out of these types of players so I would be very surprised if we were only to receive the fees stated  

We doubled our money on Atsu. I wouldn't count on us taking hits on many of these players. We seem to have a knack of getting good value for them and selling at the right time. Omeruo, Kalas, and Piazon will surely go this summer. Pasalic and MVG may stick around for another season so Conte can get a look at them and also to raise their value if they aren't in his plans. Sure we may be able to get 10-15m for each but imagine how much that goes up if MVG puts together a healthy season and Pasalic a second good season in Milan. 

May be the American in me but why so many here call for us to sell Miazga is beyond me. From the day he played his first match people have been including him in transfers out of the club. 

5 hours ago, PedroMendez said:

Pasalic and MvG will go for a lot more than 5mil if they are sold, Pasalic is starting for AC Milan and playing reasonably well and MvG was linked for 15m last season, personally I still believe either of them could play a decent squad roles for us but seeing as they are not homegrown it would seem unlikely. Then again 5mil for Paizon would be something. 

We seem to be very good at getting value out of these types of players so I would be very surprised if we were only to receive the fees stated  

Every thing was lower/at par rates, but ya, do agree about pasalic and mvg.  

Zouma rumored to go on loan at Marseille, Miazga to PSV  or Feyenoord. Woo wee we are going to have a line of CBs if they both work out. 

There's been some very impressive perfomances from the loan army this season. Abraham has probably been the pick of bunch all things considered, baker, traore, christiensen, and ake were excellent, with the latter earning a recall.

Some impressive 1st loans for palmer, brown, colkett, Clarke Salter, and tomori. 

There's been a few disappointing loans namely kenedy, musonda, and boga, who all seem to stalled or regressed in their development, and need a big season again if they are going to fulfill their potential. 

Alot of these boys will be looking at christiensen, and whether he gets a 1st team chance next season. It's a massive chance for the club to prove they are committed to bringing through youth products for our 1st team. 

He ticks all the boxes we are looking from a potential centre back signing. I'm not sure what else a young player could do to earn a chance. 

There's still plenty of fat to be trimmed from the players out on loan though, so hopefully we can bring in decent money to put into other areas of the club.

Well done to the loan art this year, and good luck to the next batch.