Jeremie Boga

ace
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

• 2 months later...
Watching the Liverpool U21 game he looks unreal, different class in reality and has changed the game since coming on. It was 3-0 at half-time and it's now back to 3-3.

Yeah, scoring twice coming from the bench, and being years younger than anyone else.. kid's got talent.

• 3 months later...

Didn't know anything about him, watched the next gen game against Barca and he looked the best player on the pitch, made one in the first half but had to do a job in the second when we went down to 10 men then scored the 2nd to wrap up the game with a good goal in injury time. 

I was impressed and then found out he was 2yrs younger than everyone else on the pitch i was even more impressed. he's just turned 16 the next gen series has an age limit of 18 but the boy plays regularly for our U21's.

He looks a tidy little player.

He does look to be a bit special and is yet another one of our exciting young prospects. Each time they seem to be better than the last prospect but I won't get too carried away just yet as we don't want to jinx the lad and see him as just another statistic in a few years time.

He does look to be a bit special and is yet another one of our exciting young prospects. Each time they seem to be better than the last prospect but I won't get too carried away just yet as we don't want to jinx the lad and see him as just another statistic in a few years time.

The problem is players can peak at young ages, just because a young un is top of his class it doesnt always mean he will go on to star, if anything its quite often the opposite. Football is full of "wonderkids" who drift into non-league.

Guest RFC_CFC

The problem is players can peak at young ages, just because a young un is top of his class it doesnt always mean he will go on to star, if anything its quite often the opposite. Football is full of "wonderkids" who drift into non-league

Freddy Adu!

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

No point getting excited about youth players, none of them will make it here. Josh was so talented we were all sure there was no way he wouldn't make it, since Carlo left he's had no opportunities and he'll probably be offloaded soon. Chalobah will go the same way, so will Feruz, Boga and everyone else.

No point getting excited about youth players, none of them will make it here. Josh was so talented we were all sure there was no way he wouldn't make it, since Carlo left he's had no opportunities and he'll probably be offloaded soon. Chalobah will go the same way, so will Feruz, Boga and everyone else.

It is worth getting excited about youth players, every star of the future and players you'll want us to buy in years to come are youth players at some stage at some club.

Besides, just watching youth players develop is exciting and it's enjoyable to follow their careers whether it be at Chelsea or anywhere else at whatever level. Chelsea FC is more than just a first team.

To state "none of them will make it here" is ridiculous.

Edited by startedwithglenn

Since none make it youll have no trouble pointing out say 5 players good enough to start for us that we have released in the last 15 years. This reputation we have for spoiling youth talent is completely unfounded

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Watched this kid last year and he was absolute quality (IMO). Was arguably one of the best in the U21 team at the age of 15/16. Seems abit weird that there isn't enough buzz around this guy as he really does look something special. Or am i just being a bit of an idiot here and overreacting?

Watched this kid last year and he was absolute quality (IMO). Was arguably one of the best in the U21 team at the age of 15/16. Seems abit weird that there isn't enough buzz around this guy as he really does look something special. Or am i just being a bit of an idiot here and overreacting?

He's been injured until recently, I believe. 

Agree that he looks v special. Great close control and composure when on the ball and can see a pass too.

Think we all over react a bit when we see youngsters having great games. I've done it myself enough with players like Tore, Stoch, Sala and McEachran. Boga looks like the latest one but he is only 17 and as good as he looks in some matches, other games pass him by.

Watched him in the U21 match against Arsenal last night and although he had some decent moments he certainly didn't stand out and in fact last night none of our youngsters looked like they had anything that made you feel they would be a first team player at some point in the future. We lost 1-0 in extra time but had enough possesseion and chances to have won the game.

• 2 weeks later...