Good songs by bands you hate...

bjd
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Band : Muse - Uttlerley pompus overblown self indulgent rubbish from a band led by a egomaniac who sometimes has blue hair.

Song : Time Is Running Out - good tune this though icon_razz.gif

Band : Queen - I hate Queen. Always have, always will. Can i use the word pompus again ? Music for Mondeo drivers.

Song : Flash - reminds me of being 8 years i old. And Princess Urua

Band : Sterophonics - Quite simply the most average band every to have a number one album and play stadiums. So utterley dreary its unture , yet they think the are the embodiment or true rock n roll. The best thing about them was the fat drummer with big hair and they ended up sacking him.

Song : Dakota - was amazed when i first heard it. A rare beacon of light in a dark, dark back alley though.

Band : Take That

Song : Patience - Quite clearly ive said too much.

You realise Mod is now plotting your downfall don't you! Mod has an official title within the Muse corporation, he has recently been promoted to the role of the man who refills the water cooler. His old job, that of the man who takes away the empty water cooler tub, has been filled by G4.

Tough thread to answer! Off the top of my head I would say

Paul McCartney/Wings - Live & Let Die

Guns & Roses - November Rain

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under the Bridge

Blur - There's No Other Way

Queen (I also hated them) - Radio Ga Ga - ( I wasn't so keen on the clappy clappy part of it but I liked the whole theme of the song)

Inxs - Never tear Us Apart (that is my soft b****rd entry to rival your Take That one)

I would need to give this some thought as there is bounds to be stacks out there!

Just a few off the top of my head: -

Queen - never liked them much either, the only tracks of theirs that I really liked were their first three hits, 'Seven Seas Of Rhye', 'Now I'm Here' & 'Killer Queen'

Buzzcocks - f*ckin' hate the singer's whiny poxy voice, always have! But I do like 'Ever Fallen In Love' icon_redface.gif

Gary Glitter - even before the obvious reasons to hate this sicko became apparent, this bloke was a prize w*nker. Yet his first hit was great - 'Rock'n'Roll (Pts. 1 & 2)'. This song will always remind me of walking around Mitcham Fair of a summers evening, it blared out every night along with 'Silver Machine' by Hawkwind and 'Popcorn' by Hot Butter. icon_lol.gif

I've also hated the Bee Gees for nearly 40 years, but have to admit they've made quite a few good records. The evening they had a hissy fit and walked off Clive Anderson's show made me crease up, and that very act justified my contempt for the egomaniacal tw*ts w**k2.gif

I really liked the Bee Gees stuff prior to the disco explosion but I do agree that there always appeared to be an ego issue - probably mostly with Barry and far less so with Maurice.

I really liked the Bee Gees stuff prior to the disco explosion but I do agree that there always appeared to be an ego issue - probably mostly with Barry and far less so with Maurice.

Yeah, Maurice seemed to be the only one with his feet on the ground. I really felt sorry for him on that Clive Anderson show, he looked so embarrassed.

Seems we liked the same Bee Gees stuff - 'Massachusetts', 'Words', 'I've Gotta Get A Message To You' and 'First Of May', etc......

I couldn't stand their disco stuff, and to this day I've never watched Saturday Night Fever.

Was hoping BB might pick a Smiths tune!

I remember there was one track of theirs that I quite liked, but I'll be buggered if I can remember which one it was. Maybe Loz will know, he couldn't believe I finally found a track I liked icon_lol.gif

F*ck it, just been playing The Singles album to try and jog my memory, and found I like 'Sheila Take A Bow' - and that wasn't the one I liked before - what's happening to me icon_eek.gif

Next thing you know, I'll be praising JFH and Ferreira - think I'll get myself committed before it's too late 259.gif

It wasn't 'I Started Something I Couldn't Finish' was it - that sounds OK too - NURSE!!!!!!!!!! nervous.gif

Yeah, Maurice seemed to be the only one with his feet on the ground. I really felt sorry for him on that Clive Anderson show, he looked so embarrassed.

Seems we liked the same Bee Gees stuff - 'Massachusetts', 'Words', 'I've Gotta Get A Message To You' and 'First Of May', etc......

I couldn't stand their disco stuff, and to this day I've never watched Saturday Night Fever.

Didn't Maurice say something like 'Errr I don't do impressions so I better go as well' whilst looking like he would happily walk out and never speal to his brothers again!

Yes that is the Bee Gees stuff I liked although I wouldn't diss SAturday Night Fever altogether as a film. It had quite a bit more going for it than just the disco element.

As for the Smiths track I can't remember which ones you said you liked (notice the plural as you definmitely mentioned more than one icon_lol.gif )

Gary Glitter - even before the obvious reasons to hate this sicko became apparent, this bloke was a prize w*nker. Yet his first hit was great - 'Rock'n'Roll (Pts. 1 & 2)'. This song will always remind me of walking around Mitcham Fair of a summers evening, it blared out every night along with 'Silver Machine' by Hawkwind and 'Popcorn' by Hot Butter. icon_lol.gif

That was the year that was - except I have to substitute Chippenham fair for Mitcham.

Saw Hawkwind at one of the very early Stonehenge festivals, before they became banned, and saw GG and the Glitter Band in Melksham town hall just about the time Rock'n'Roll became a huge hit. First half was the Glitter band and they were ROCKING. Second half started with GG and R'n'R and that was OK and it all went down hill from there.

Halfway through the second half the crew I was with started throwing stuff at the stage, something hit one of the local hard boys and it all kicked off. Oh how we laughed! The band gave up and the town hall got a bit damaged, and we STILL had to make our way back to the cars. Got a bit hairy, and we had a visit from the Melksham boys the folllowing Saturday night. They didn't stay long and they never came back again.

Though, to be fair, it was a long time till I went back over there again too.

Kev

Halfway through the second half the crew I was with started throwing stuff at the stage, something hit one of the local hard boys and it all kicked off. Oh how we laughed! The band gave up and the town hall got a bit damaged, and we STILL had to make our way back to the cars. Got a bit hairy, and we had a visit from the Melksham boys the folllowing Saturday night. They didn't stay long and they never came back again.

Though, to be fair, it was a long time till I went back over there again too.

Kev

Reminds me a bit of the first gig I ever went to, Christmas 1973, Rod Stewart & The Faces at Sutton Granada. Great concert, half-pissed with all me mates, got off with some bird from the Epsom area - happy days love0067.gif

Then as we left, it all kicked off outside between Chelsea and Palace fans for some reason - not the wisest place to have a row, Sutton nick was dead opposite! icon_lol.gif

This Charming Man - The Smiths complete bunch of w*nk the Smiths and Morrissey listened to by pseudo intellectuals from middle England drowning in their own self pity and morose

Oh Tea Bar and i thought we had so much in common!

Loz, do your stuff.

This Charming Man - The Smiths complete bunch of w*nk the Smiths and Morrissey listened to by pseudo intellectuals from middle England drowning in their own self pity and morose

I did appear in a Jam video if that makes it any better ?

Pity, the video was shot for Hartley`s. icon_lol.gif

I too like the old Bee Gees stuff but cant stand the disco cack, dont like queen but diddn,t mind I'm in love with my car (back of Bohemian Rhapsody)

I liked what Bluebeard mentioned (ever fallen in love with someone) do you know the lead singer had hits with un punk Ballads like Gee Baby and Love me love my Dog icon_lol.gif

I remember Silver machine and Mitcham Fair just past the redhouse on the right, next door to my mates Car Front icon_lol.gif

I like the Boys to men End of the line but cant stand the group.

cant stand the scissor sisters awith that dance crap but the new single plays on my mind..help me

really ?

Do you not remember it BJD?

it was the one where a 15 year old gets a kicking from a mob of pseudo intellectuals wearing NHS specs and boasting the best quiffs since Pre-revolutionary France

This Charming Man - The Smiths complete bunch of w*nk the Smiths and Morrissey listened to by pseudo intellectuals from middle England drowning in their own self pity and morose.

That's what you think Tea Bar - just look at the headlines we used to make

smiths-fans.jpg

If you can't understand it then take it from me, it was all red hot action and those ladies never forgot us!

stereophonics is a great shout, but I can't stand that Dakota song. Bar tender and the theif is their one song for me, but they are very average

I never got into teh happy mondays much either, I just couldn't stand the non singing of Shaun Ryder and found bez pointless (isuppose that was part of their charm). But kinky afro is great "son I'm 30 I only got with your mum coz she's dirty" is a trememndous lyric, and never even bothered with black grape

Iain brown's solo stuff, i feel, isn't that good either, and was never into "FEAR" but quite liked MY Star (except for the astronaut talking in the middle of the song).

Queen have some great singles but never really got into them, but I like most of their singles. Flash will always conjure up visions of Brian Blessed in shorts and a bird uniform!!

Travis, where do I start. The man who was initially a great album, but when they came out with the invisible band, it was just more of the same crap! But there are some stand out tracks on the man who, their first album was pretty ordinary also.

Libertines. even though they were produced by former clash member Mick Jones (i think) they never really did anything for me. Probably because pete doherty, to me, is a twat! Horrorshow is a decent track though

I'm sure I can come up with more, but that will do for now

I LOVED the Stone Roses but Ian Brown is completely pointless and morbid .

Im trying to think of a Stereophonics track i like but cant .

Queen were a decent enough band in the early days but sold out to the mainstream . ''One Vision '' is brilliant , saw them do it live in 1986 at Wembley ....Memorable ......Then Freddie went all Kareokie doing dreadful Elvis . And Brian May eh , the most irritating plonker ever.

Im horrified Chippy remembers Peter Shelly , not the talented one from The Buzzcocks , but the one hes mentioned was in fact Alvin Stardust's manager . Bet ya never knew that Chippy , or maybe your a secret Alvin fan yeah ? icon_razz.gif

Radiohead , totally and utterly overated and personally i cant understand how their first 2 albums became so Big . Although Creep wasnt that bad .

Wet Wet Wet . Typical bland predictable pop , but i did like ''Wishing i was lucky ''

Anything by the Undertones , except ''Teenage kicks '' great track but their other material was complete sh*tE . You always get the students with their ''Im loike soo into loike your tunes man , loike do you have any Tones man '' ??

Aerosmith , ''Walk this way '' is still a gem but thats it for me really .

Girls , Girls , Girls by Motley Crew , great fun and typical of them . Tried to like their other material but couldnt get it . The one thing i did like about them though was their outragous side . Absolute nutters . Once nailed the entire contents of a hotel room to the celing for the crack . Even Ozzie found them over the top .

Anything by Brian Adams apart from ''Dont give it up '' with dance producers Chicane . Took a 132 BPM to get him cool on dancefloors .

''Band on the run '' ''Live and let die '' , only 2 tracks by wings that stood out for me .

Travis , again f****** art student crap . Although there was one song i did like .......Cant remember now .

''I dont like Mondays '' Boomtown Rats i thought was excellent . My mates refused to speak to me for weeks because i admitted to liking a rats song but i didnt give a toss , everyone of them supported Leeds .

This Charming Man - The Smiths complete bunch of w*nk the Smiths and Morrissey listened to by pseudo intellectuals from middle England drowning in their own self pity and morose.

Respect TBB - there was me thinking I was the only one on here with those kind-a-thoughts