Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Welcome to The Shed End - Unofficial Chelsea FC Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Ideal/Realistic Squad for Next Season 2013/2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

bobowardere

bobowardere

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip

This is what I would consider the Ideal and somewhat realistic squad for the 2013/2014 season. I would like to give honourable mentions to Frank Lampard. He is a true legend in my eyes and would want him at the club for years to come even if its just to support the young up and coming prospects that Chelsea has plenty of. One thing that angers me is the talk of his replacement. We already have the perfect one! Kevin De Bruyne! He is a young and extremely talented attacking midfielder who can play in a deeper role as well! Great goal scorer and playmaker. The most irritating thing is if he wasn't already a Chelsea player out on loan then everyone would be talking about him. And yes I (and many others) rate him higher then the likes of Isco or Pjanic.

Those in parenthesis are backups or alternatives.

Formation: 4-2-3-1   (4-3-3 could also be used as a alternative)

Ba                                                                                         Subs:

Hazard               Oscar/Mata                   Moses                                                   Strikers: Lukaku (Or bring in a world class striker in his 28-30s and loan out Lukaku for 2 seasons)

Attacking Midfield: Oscar, Piazon and Marin ( Marin must be reevaluated because he has been poor)

De Bruyne/(Ramires)           Fellaini/(Mikel)                                                      

Deep Midfield:  Ramires, Mikel,  (?Not sure what the future holds for Essien and Romeu)

Cole         Ivanovic/(Luiz)      Terry/(Cahill)    Azpil/ (Wallace*)                                 Defense**: David Luiz, Cahill, Wallace* , Shaw

Cech                                                                                        GK: Turnbull/Blackman

Players IN:                        

1.  Kevin De Bruyne (Back from Loan)

2. Piazon (Back from Loan)

3. Fellaini (Transfer)

4. Luke Shaw (Transfer)

5. Lukaku (Back from Loan) OR  Bring in a proven world class striker in his 30s to fill in so we can put Lukaku on loan for another 2 seasons. Drogba would have been perfect....

6. *(Special Case) Wallace OR Kalas,   1 comes back while the other goes on Loan again.

Players OUT

1.Lampard  (Most likely will happen but I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS :(  

2. Essien Or/And Romeu will most likey leave to make room for Fellaini and the new Luiz Midfielder

3. Ryan Bertrand (To be replaced by Shaw, watched Bertrand many times, just doesn't seem like he will become world class, sorry mate)

4. Marin to be replaced by another true winger? ( Unless Marin proves himself he will most likely be replaced, was a big fan of him because of his pre-season performances)

5. Torres (No need to explain really)

Special Points****: 

1*     Wallace and Kalas are both great at playing RB, Kalas can also play as CB one of them will come back while the other goes on loan.

2*     Our Defense looks pretty solid and they will most likely rotate a lot, the ones I put as starters are just who I think are the most consistent.

3*    Courtois is the heir the Cech role, no question about that really

4*    Ideally, Rafa Out, Mourinho IN    (Hopefully they just swap from Madrid to Chelsea)

5*   We also have plenty of great players on loan and in reserve that I didnt mention, Chelsea FC has a bright future :D

Tell me what you think about this system. I really think this could last for many years to come with minimal change except for Terry's replacement

Edited by bobowardere, 28 January 2013 - 11:04 PM.

• blizeH likes this

Lane

Lane

Release the Kraken!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

bertrand may not be the next ashley cole but hes still a good player and hes got years ahead of him. no way would i let him go

• TheWestwayWonder likes this

bobowardere

bobowardere

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip

I am not too sure, I can see many PL clubs wanting him but none in the Top 4. I think he will develop into a decent player but I don't see him becoming excellent or world class. The last thing we would want is Man U or Man City picking up Shaw.

Rag

Rag

In the Ressies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I'd like to see Higuan follow Jose to the Bridge, bonus points if they bring Di Maria with them.

I'd also be happy to see Mikel and Romeu shipped out, maybe the latter on loan, not sure who would replace them, a training cone maybe. Essien, Malouda, Benayoun, Turnball, Kakuta and Torres all to go, the FSW to be flushed back down the same sewer he crawled from.

Lukaku, Bruma and KDB back from loan and in the squad.

Lane

Lane

Release the Kraken!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

I am not too sure, I can see many PL clubs wanting him but none in the Top 4. I think he will develop into a decent player but I don't see him becoming excellent or world class. The last thing we would want is Man U or Man City picking up Shaw.

you do realize most clubs have more than one left back?

bobowardere

bobowardere

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip

you do realize most clubs have more than one left back?

Bertrand leaves. Shaw comes in. Shaw becomes Cole understudy for a season, the same role Bertrand is in right now. Then after that season is up if Cole leaves, we bring in Patrick Van AanHolt back from Vitesse, who has been doing pretty well in the Eredivisie. He actually scored one of the equalizers against Ajax in a stunning 3-2 win yesterday. The only team to beat Ajax in the league so far. So I wouldn't worry about depth in Left back. And from what I hear Wallace is a flexible fullback who can play both sides as well.

Jezz

Jezz

Jose = The Special One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

In:

Marouane Fellaini

Radamel Falcao

Luke Shaw

Willian

Out:

Oriol Romeu

Frank Lampard (Shouldn't be happening, but unfortunately I think it will)

Fernando Torres

Florent Malouda

Paulo Ferreira

Ross Turnbull

Yossi Benayoun

Ramires

Bring Back from Loan:

Romelu Lakaku

Lucas Piazon

Kevin De Bruyne

Michael Essien (He has experience)

Thibaut Courtois (Rotate along with Cech)

Loan Out:

Marko Marin

Ideal 2013-2014 Squad:

1. Petr Cech

2. Branislav Ivanovic 

3. Ashley Cole

4. David Luiz

7. Willian

9. Radamel Falcao

10. Juan Mata

11. Oscar

12. John Obi Mikel

13. Victor Moses

17. Eden Hazard

19. Luke Shaw

21. Marko Marin (On Loan)

24. Gary Cahill

25. Marouane Fellani

26. John Terry

28. Cesar Azpilicueta

29. Demba Ba

34. Ryan Bertrand

35. Lucas Piazon

40. Henrique Hilario

57. Nathan Ake

Ideal Starting Line Up:

4-4-2

Cech

Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Cole

Hazard ,Willian, Fellaini, Mata

Ba, Falcao

Bench:

Courtois (Rotate with Cech)

Azpilicueta (Rotate in defence)

Luiz (Rotate in defence)

Mikel

Oscar

Moses

Lukaku

Manager: Jose Mourinho

The players who just missed the bench were Essien, Piazon, De Bruyne, Shaw and Bertrand. At least we have depth in this scenario now. 

Edited by Jezz, 29 January 2013 - 01:44 AM.

Jonty

Jonty

On the Mend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

I think if we go into another season with only 1 or 2 strikers then we're foolish as hell.

Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result.

Mike Carefree

Mike Carefree

FIRST TEAM REGULAR.PREMIERESHIP 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

I think we should regularly play BERT and JOSH next season......(but) hey, havent we got enough to worry about at the moment

Teritus

Teritus

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

In:

Marouane Fellaini

Radamel Falcao

Luke Shaw

Willian

Out:

Oriol Romeu

Frank Lampard (Shouldn't be happening, but unfortunately I think it will)

Fernando Torres

Florent Malouda

Paulo Ferreira

Ross Turnbull

Yossi Benayoun

Ramires

Bring Back from Loan:

Romelu Lakaku

Lucas Piazon

Kevin De Bruyne

Michael Essien (He has experience)

Thibaut Courtois (Rotate along with Cech)

Loan Out:

Marko Marin

Ideal 2013-2014 Squad:

1. Petr Cech

2. Branislav Ivanovic 

3. Ashley Cole

4. David Luiz

7. Willian

9. Radamel Falcao

10. Juan Mata

11. Oscar

12. John Obi Mikel

13. Victor Moses

17. Eden Hazard

19. Luke Shaw

21. Marko Marin (On Loan)

24. Gary Cahill

25. Marouane Fellani

26. John Terry

28. Cesar Azpilicueta

29. Demba Ba

34. Ryan Bertrand

35. Lucas Piazon

40. Henrique Hilario

57. Nathan Ake

Ideal Starting Line Up:

4-4-2

Cech

Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Cole

Hazard ,Willian, Fellaini, Mata

Ba, Falcao

Bench:

Courtois (Rotate with Cech)

Azpilicueta (Rotate in defence)

Luiz (Rotate in defence)

Mikel

Oscar

Moses

Lukaku

Manager: Jose Mourinho

The players who just missed the bench were Essien, Piazon, De Bruyne, Shaw and Bertrand. At least we have depth in this scenario now. 

No way will he take Zola's number. And let's see how Ramires does in a 4-3-3 in his favoured position before deciding to sell him. Also, Willian cannot play as a central midfielder in a 4-4-2, least of all next to Fellaini with Mata and Hazard as wingers.

CunningStunt

CunningStunt

First Team Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip

In: KDB, Lukaku, Falcao, Chalobah, Shaw, (Kalas)

Out: Malouda, Torres, Lampard, Essien, Benayoun, Ferreira, Kakuta

Loan: McEachran, Bamford, Piazon, Feruz, Courtois, PVA

ForeverCarefree

ForeverCarefree

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

With the players returning from loan I think we just need a good forward to add competition (Falcao, Cavanni someone like that).

And a strong holding midfielder (Fellaini preferably).

2 big signings and the returning loan players and I think we will look pretty competitive. 

yorkleyblue

yorkleyblue

a warm glow oozing all over, the joy of reconciliation

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Enough of this Luke Shaw business already. Most of you will only have seen the lad in teh two matches against us, and he is 17 (I think) Are you REALLY saying that, based on a couple of good-ish performances against a lack-lustre Interim-spoiled CFC that he is

a) better than Bertrand, and
b) a perfect replacement for Ashley in the next year or so?

FFS, if you tolerate this, Andy Carroll will be next. He had a few good games for the Toon, as well.

This smacks very much of the new fans' buy-buy-buy mentality. I expect the Willian-obsessed under-8's trainer to be behaving like this, but not most of you.

Edited by yorkleyblue, 29 January 2013 - 11:32 AM.

• nonotnowjim likes this

zinc alloy

zinc alloy

In the Ressies

• Members
  • PipPipPip

It seems to me that it's the defence that needs strengthening.

Terry has slowed down, Ivanovich has had a dip in form, Cole can't last forever.

I'd love some multi million pound Flash Harry striker but sort the back four out first.

Zeta Orionis

Zeta Orionis

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

I've always been of the opinion that you need 3 players for every position: 1 top quality player, one who can act as a backup and come in when needed (he should be more flexible and able to play more than 1 position), and one youngster to act as understudy.

So I would go for the following squad:

GK:

Cech

Butland

Blackman

Courtois (loan)

LB:

Cole

Bertrand (Since he is used on the LW sometimes by managers, PVA can also act as the backup LB)

PVA

RB:

Azpilicueta

Ivanovic

Kane

CB:

Terry

Cahill

Ivanovic

Luiz

Kalas

Chalobah

DM:

[new signing]

Romeu

Essien (If deemed still good enough)

Chalobah

CM:

Lampard

Ramires

Oscar

De Bruyne

McEachran

Piazon

AM:

Mata

Oscar

Piazon

LW:

Hazard

Marin

[lw from youth team]

RW:

[new signing - Isco?]

Moses

[rw from youth team]

ST:

Falcao

Ba

Lukaku

Feruz

That would mean the following transfers:

OUT:

Turnbull - Free

Hilario - Free

Torres - £10m

Mikel - £10m

Malouda - Free

Ferreria - Free

Benayoun - Free

Kakuta - Free

Hutchinson - Free

Bruma - £2m

Davila - 500k

IN:

New DM - £20-30m

New RW - £20-30m

Falcao - £30-40m

Butland - £3m

GIving us a lineup of something like:

-------------------------------------------Cech

--Azzy--------------------Cahill------------------------Terry----------------Cole

------------------------------------------New DM

-----------------------Oscar------------------------------De Bruyne

Hazard-----------------------------------------------------------------------Mata

------------------------------------------Falcao

To be honest it's difficult to fit the player we have into a formation that works well and offers width, because Mata isn't a winger, but he's not strong enough to play CM really either. We could forgo the DM sitting in front of the back four sometimes and stick Mata behind the striker, giving us space for someone else to play winger on the left. But the manager would have to work all that out, that's what they get paid the big bucks for.

That Boy Brandinho

That Boy Brandinho

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Enough of this Luke Shaw business already. Most of you will only have seen the lad in teh two matches against us, and he is 17 (I think) Are you REALLY saying that, based on a couple of good-ish performances against a lack-lustre Interim-spoiled CFC that he is

a) better than Bertrand, and
b) a perfect replacement for Ashley in the next year or so?

FFS, if you tolerate this, Andy Carroll will be next. He had a few good games for the Toon, as well.

This smacks very much of the new fans' buy-buy-buy mentality. I expect the Willian-obsessed under-8's trainer to be behaving like this, but not most of you.

I've seen them play a few more times than that. They're fun to watch, I have Lambert in FPL and I wanted to see if Shaw were all that he's cracked up to be. From what I've seen, he looks the real deal. Is he currently better than Bertrand? That's tough to say. Does he have more talent than Bertrand? Absolutely. Personally, I think Bertrand can be a very solid starter but he doesn't have the upper echelon upside that Shaw does. 

I also rate Carroll, by the way. I'll see myself out. 

• yorkleyblue and RFC_CFC like this

Lane

Lane

Release the Kraken!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Bertrand leaves. Shaw comes in. Shaw becomes Cole understudy for a season, the same role Bertrand is in right now. Then after that season is up if Cole leaves, we bring in Patrick Van AanHolt back from Vitesse, who has been doing pretty well in the Eredivisie. He actually scored one of the equalizers against Ajax in a stunning 3-2 win yesterday. The only team to beat Ajax in the league so far. So I wouldn't worry about depth in Left back. And from what I hear Wallace is a flexible fullback who can play both sides as well.

bertrand is homegrown, way more experienced, and consistently solid at left back

Samdwich

Samdwich

First Team Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip

This smacks very much of the new fans' buy-buy-buy mentality.

Yup, it's painful to read. I tend to stay away from the rumours section for this reason.

What does it say about our fans when most people in this thread think that we need to buy Fellaini when we have Mikel, Romeu and Chalobah who are all capable of playing the DM role, and the latter two really need game time?

You can hate Mikel all you like, but Romeu and Chalobah both have fantastic potential so what the f**k is the point in spending £25m+ on a midfielder, who is clearly more effective playing further up the pitch, to stifle their development?

• yorkleyblue likes this

RFC_CFC

RFC_CFC

I am not one of the bottle, I think I am the special one.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

I only think we need a new striker when Torres leaves....that's it. Possible Shaw for long term LB as IMO Ryan isnt going to be good enough as much as I like him.

We have De Bruyne, Josh, Courtois, Piazon ect to come back which means we will be fine in all the areas on the pitch.

We don't need to spend millions upon millions anymore with what we have.

------------------------Cech/Courtois---------------------

Ivan/Cesar-----Luiz/Cahill------Terry/Ivan---------Cole/Shaw/Ryan

-------------------De Bruyne/Josh-------Mikel/Rambo--------------

Moses/Marin--------------Oscar/Mata-----------------Hazard/Piazon

-------------------------------Ba/New ST---------------------.

Saaladin

Saaladin

First Team Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
IN:
Modric or Wilshere -- Might lean towards Wilshere cause he's english.
Willian
Shaw
Mats Hummels

Out:

Lampard (unfortunately)
Malouda
Torres
Ferreira
Turnbull
Benayoun
Essien
Bertrand -- Not talented enough and not sound defensively
Cahill -- Prone to errors and loses his mark on crosses too often. If Terry is healthy then him plus Hummels and Ivan is a good rotation.

Loan Return:

Lukaku
KDB
Van Aanholt
Piazon

Send Loan:
Marin
Courtois (needs to continue to be first choice somewhere)

Wallace/Azpi --- Ivanovic/Terry/Hummels --- Cole/Shaw/PVA

-----------------Luiz------------Wilshere(or Modric)/Willian--------------

Moses/Ramires-------Mata/Oscar/Piazon-----------KDB/Hazard

-------------------------Lukaku/Ba-----------------------------

Notes:

1. No more Ramires in central midfield his pace belongs on the flank

2. Pizaon will have to either prove he can compete with Oscar or go on loan.

3. KDB will also have to prove he can compete with Hazard regularly or go on loan to an EPL team.

4. I would hold off on buying Shaw till I see how good PVA looks in August. If PVA doesn't look the part brig in Shaw.

This lineup gives the manager flexibility and options. Modric and Wilshere can play anywhere centrally, Willian can play both the flank and centrally. Mats Hummels is one of the best central defenders in the world but can also move into defensive midfield role. Wallace and Azpi should have a nice competition going as well as Ramires and Moses. Two big strong strikers that should receive plenty of service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users