Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Welcome to The Shed End - Unofficial Chelsea FC Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Ideal/Realistic Squad for Next Season 2013/2014

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

Spiller86

Spiller86

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

I'll keep it briefish. What is needed are not new players but belief. We have one of the best squads in the world, but we lack leadership without the old guard on the pitch. 

It's also time for us to finally integrate our own young players. When I say finally I mean like really, not just in the League Cup and until we start losing.

For mine next seasons 25 man squad is as follows (with a couple of U21's included)

GK

Cech

Turnbull

Hilario (or possibly one extra if he retires)

Defence

Ivanovic

Azpilicueta

One more right/centre back from (Kalas, Bruma, Wallace, Kane) with Kalas being my preference.

Terry

Cahill

Luiz

Cole

Bertrand

Centre Midfield

Mikel

Chalobah

Lampard

Ramires

De Bruyne

McEachran

Romeu

Attacking Midfielders/Wide Players

Hazard

Mata

Oscar

Moses

Piazon

Strikers

Ba

Lukaku

(one more striker who could preferably play deeper alongside those two, or lead the line himself) perhaps Feruz although more likely a big signing.

Lane

Lane

An Untouchable

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

I'll keep it briefish. What is needed are not new players but belief. We have one of the best squads in the world, but we lack leadership without the old guard on the pitch. 

It's also time for us to finally integrate our own young players. When I say finally I mean like really, not just in the League Cup and until we start losing.

For mine next seasons 25 man squad is as follows (with a couple of U21's included)

GK

Cech

Turnbull

Hilario (or possibly one extra if he retires)

Defence

Ivanovic

Azpilicueta

One more right/centre back from (Kalas, Bruma, Wallace, Kane) with Kalas being my preference.

Terry

Cahill

Luiz

Cole

Bertrand

Centre Midfield

Mikel

Chalobah

Lampard

Ramires

De Bruyne

McEachran

Romeu

Attacking Midfielders/Wide Players

Hazard

Mata

Oscar

Moses

Piazon

Strikers

Ba

Lukaku

(one more striker who could preferably play deeper alongside those two, or lead the line himself) perhaps Feruz although more likely a big signing.

we can definitely challenge for the title with this team, even if we dont sign a big name striker

that squad is quite young so finishing second with a good run in the CL would be satisfactory in my book

comtrend

comtrend

On the Bench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Well I'm not happy sitting third next year, I think we need higher standards then that and we don't have a B team like Barcelona does to nuture our youth to £30mil. We need to loan them out like we are doing and look 1-3 years ahead. Next season we have Lukaku and De Bruyne to add to our squad, next we hopefully have one or more of: Chalobah, McEachran, Piazon and Feruz.

We really need Fellaini though to balance our team out in midfield. It gives us that needed physical presence that have been lacking and with Luiz or Mikel covering behind he can help our attack. Dosen't hurt to have him around on defensive/offensive freekicks/corners either.

With Ba, Lukaku and Moses as third choice, I don't see any need for another striker.

We don't really have to spend much this summer I feel, £30mil-£40mil tops - whatever we get for Torres. We will save close to that next year just cutting the wages of Lampard, Essien, Malouda, Ferreira, Turnbull, Hillario, Benayoun, Torres.                                                                                                                                                         

Guest_RFC_CFC_*

Guest_RFC_CFC_*
  • Guests

I don't think we can justify having £80 million worth of talent out on loan next season.

comtrend

comtrend

On the Bench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I don't think we can justify having £80 million worth of talent out on loan next season.

Wouldn't it be more like £55mil, if we bring back Lukaku and De Bruyne ? Atleast alot of them are getting much needed game time and not fading away on the bench or worse.

topley89

topley89

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPip
Lukaku and Ba are deffinetly not going to be a strke force capable of challenging for honours next season!!! saying this and Feruz in behind, who hasn't even played a single premier league game, people seem to have very high expectations of Ba!! Top four possibly at best unless Torres form has a remarkable turn around (unlikely) or we buy a top class striker!

comtrend

comtrend

On the Bench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Ba has only 4 goals less then Van Persi atm, most of this time he has been playing for a struggling Newcastle. Lukaku will probably have more then 10 goals in his first season as well. I believe they will be doing even better next season.

Lane

Lane

An Untouchable

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Lukaku and Ba are deffinetly not going to be a strke force capable of challenging for honours next season!!! saying this and Feruz in behind, who hasn't even played a single premier league game, people seem to have very high expectations of Ba!! Top four possibly at best unless Torres form has a remarkable turn around (unlikely) or we buy a top class striker!

its likely we will finish 3rd this season, thats with having torres and sturridge as strikers for the first half

lukaku>torres

ba>sturridge

why would we finish worse with better strikers? not to mention oscar and hazard with a year worth of epl experience behind them, and de bruyne coming in

SydneyChelsea

SydneyChelsea

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

If we wanted a tough central midfielder, I'd love for us to check out Juventus' Paul Pogba.

Extremely strong and quick and excellent on the ball, very much like Patrick Vieira was for Arsenal, coupled with a burning rage to prove Manchester United and Fergie wrong?

Sign him up.

Lane

Lane

An Untouchable

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

id stomach a team of 25 andy carrolls if it meant rafa is gone

bobowardere

bobowardere

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip

We should set up a cooperation agreement with a leauge 1 or championship team so we can loan them our up and coming youth players. Many teams would welcome the piazons' and chalobah's and feruz's that we have and will contunie to produce. We already gave out McEachran to Middlesbrough why not give them more? I know that the main problem is that they cant afford to pay there salary but youth salaries for a team like Chelsea is peanuts so we should just keep paying them the same way we already do and let them all go on loan, it would be even better if they are all on the same team to so they can gain experience together in top level football. Real Madrid has the RM Castilla and Barcelona have the B team which both play in the second tier of spanish football. I just really think that it would be in the best interests of both parties to loan these guys out to a championship side...

Edit--- made a thread about it..

Edited by bobowardere, 31 January 2013 - 03:48 AM.

Adamrb

Adamrb

On the Bench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
433 - Jose or Guus in charge

Cech
Courtois
Blackman

Ivan
Dave

Cole
Bertrand

Luiz
Terry
Cahill

+ 1 youth (kane, ake, chalabah, kalas, bruma)

Centre mid

Mikel
New signing (capoue maybe)

Lamps
KDB / Oscar
Ramires
Josh

Attacking wingers/playmakers

Mata
Hazard
Oscar / KDB
Moses
Piazon

Striker - need a world class forward, to compete with utd city real barca

Ba
Lukaku (unless he wants to stay at west brom)
New signing - Falcao, Lewandowski or cavani

TheWestwayWonder

TheWestwayWonder

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

bertrand may not be the next ashley cole but hes still a good player and hes got years ahead of him. no way would i let him go

Amen. This obsession with "So and so is not Chelsea class" garbage is ridiculous.

Does anyone really think Luke Shaw is just going to wait in the wings below Ashley Cole and immediately step up when AC leaves? Ideas like that are how promising career's like Shaw's get ruined, and transfer money is wasted. Its insanity. Oh, but he's a CFC fan, so we gotta buy him? So is Peter Crouch.

Meanwhile Bertrand is an academy boy, versatile, capped by his country, and above all, is HERE NOW, FOR FREE.

TheWestwayWonder

TheWestwayWonder

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

So with two of the best strikers from this season, we wont be able to challenge for major honors next season? Ummm......

Get rid of Torres, somehow, and brink Lukaku in. When Lukaku first went out on loan it was because he sat behind Drogba, Anelka, Torres, and Sturridge. That situation has totally changed, and if he and Ba split time up top, even the "no. 2" would still see a  huge number of minutes.

KDB is ready too. No Fellaini or anyone else. We own the genuine article already.

That Boy Brandinho

That Boy Brandinho

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

If we wanted a tough central midfielder, I'd love for us to check out Juventus' Paul Pogba.

Extremely strong and quick and excellent on the ball, very much like Patrick Vieira was for Arsenal, coupled with a burning rage to prove Manchester United and Fergie wrong?

Sign him up.

Way too late for that, I'm afraid. I wanted him badly when he was on the outs at Man U, but I can't imagine Juve letting go of him now for less than £25m. I'd have trouble justifying that sort of outlay.