Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Celery1989

Gary Cahill - PL CL FAC LC EL champion

15 hours ago, dkw said:

You do realise He's played several other seasons for us, not just the last couple,  right?  Several other seasons where he has been excellent and has played a big part in winning all those trophies.  

Trouble is Dicky, we have had a sh*t-load of these just recently.  New members, just joined up, full of in-depth knowledge and perspicacity, posting with wit and wisdom about things they know f**k-all about, inventing new and unamusing nicknames for players they don't like, and blame-storming like crazy with regard to one or more players that they have either taken a personal dislike to, or which some others are abusing so they tag along.

Jeezus, my ignore list is getting f**king huge!

Interestingly, this quote from Professor Brian Cox, the world's brainiest piano player, just popped up on my Facebook

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. 

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”"

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

Interestingly, this quote from Professor Brian Cox, the world's brainiest piano player, just popped up on my Facebook

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. 

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”"

We should put this on this forum's banner. Perhaps some bleating self-important posters will expand their way of thinking (if thinking is the correct word for the rumblings in their heads). 

I´ve always loved him - but his time has come. He lost his pace and what we see now in den EPL are very fast forwards, faster then him with the ball and even faster without, so it should be his last season at the Bridge.

Every Chelsea supporter should be very grateful for what he did - a true hero. who will never be forgotten.

Strider6003, Slojo and RIP Mourinho like this

imo Cahill's fulfilled every drop of potential he has. At 32, he managed to have won every trophy at English club level bar the UEFA SuperCup and the Community Shield despite the fact that he came to Chelsea when he was 26 and it's not like the opponents were easy on the way to those trophies either.

Been a great servant to the club, he'll be applauded when he leaves which will probably be in a year or two imo. Doesn't have the ability to read the game like JT does to prolong his stay at top level football.

big blue, dkw, Strider6003 and 3 others like this

12 hours ago, Deino said:

imo Cahill's fulfilled every drop of potential he has. At 32, he managed to have won every trophy at English club level bar the UEFA SuperCup and the Community Shield despite the fact that he came to Chelsea when he was 26 and it's not like the opponents were easy on the way to those trophies either.

Been a great servant to the club, he'll be applauded when he leaves which will probably be in a year or two imo. Doesn't have the ability to read the game like JT does to prolong his stay at top level football.

Fact is he has been ridiculed all through those 6 years. For someone who has won as much as him, you would think people will atleast give him some respect, specially since his behaviour on and off the world has been nothing short of brilliant.

dkw, nominator and Sun zhi like this

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

Fact is he has been ridiculed all through those 6 years. For someone who has won as much as him, you would think people will atleast give him some respect, specially since his behaviour on and off the world has been nothing short of brilliant.

Well said. He's done incredibly well for a player who was, if I recall, was originally bought in as a backup/stop-gap signing. 

The strikers miss chances.. Cahill-bashers' logic:

"...the team can't pass from the back because of him, which means the midfielders are under pressure, so the strikers get poor service and they have to rush their shots on goal. No wonder they're missing sitters!"

didierforever likes this

A lot of people seem sure that Cahill won't be here next season, i'm willing to bet a lot that he will be though. It's not like he isn't playing much this season, he's almost featured in every game. Only Azpilicueta has played more games than him at CB this season.

David Luiz will be the one moved on, that almost seems certain at this point, but i fully expect Cahill to still be here. I'm hoping in time though that Azpilicueta, Christensen and Rudiger become our more regular back 3.

dkw and nominator like this

20 minutes ago, robdog said:

my stream crapped out the last match vs Leicester City, but when I regained it GC was out because of an injury - what happened?

Blew a hammy, sounds like he'll miss a few matches.  Don't ever want a player to be injured, but when Christensen came on for Cahill, our defending improved.

robdog likes this

12 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Blew a hammy, sounds like he'll miss a few matches.  Don't ever want a player to be injured, but when Christensen came on for Cahill, our defending improved.

thanks - when I had my stream the only reason why The Foxes weren't up was due to Tibo's great play, who IMHO is very under-rated - I guess that is what happens to keepers these days <_<