big blue

Eden Hazard

38 minutes ago, Argo said:

The ironic thing about Hazard is he was exactly the type of player our 04-10 side was missing, as good as Joe Cole and Malouda were, imagine Hazard in their places? But on the flip side, we would have had a really hard few years if we didn't have him this era, he's basically a cheat mode which has allowed us to overachieve beyond the teams overall quality ever since he arrived, 15/16 aside. We have basically won two league titles during a period of transition thanks to having him.

In my opinion he has done more than enough to be mentioned in the legends breath.

Hazard, Robben, Duff and Cole... ::clap2::::clap2::

I feel hazard has gone up another level with the change in formation. He is playing with an arrogance that the very best seem to have, and for the 1st time in his chelsea career, he looks like he is desperate to score goals. 

8 in his last 10, I fancy him to have his best scoring season for us. 

I know contracts aren't everything in football, but I would feel alot more comfortable if he signs a long term contract. On this form, he deserves to be the top earner in the country, and if that's what it takes to keep him, then get it done. 

He is the most exciting player I've ever seen for chelsea, and he is still improving. 

He is certainly playing exceptionally well, though in the new formation we have had just a few games and would like to see a few more before agreeing that the new system works to his advantage. 

It might be that Fabregas was playing was the other factor allowing to have a bit more freedom/ success.

Great to see him in such good form, long may it continue.

the new position has is perfect for him. i think many were crying out for him to be a central/no.10 playmaker type. the thing i like most about hazard is he has a style of play which suits into older age (in footballing aspect) due to less reliance on power and pace and more an eye for a pass and dribbling ability. the likes of ronaldo and bale are too reliant on pace and power, which is why they age faster.

ronaldo is fantastic, but he's definitely slowing, while the likes of robben, messi etc (similar to hazard) age like fine wine and can carry on playing to a high standard and even carrying their team into their 30's. there are obviously exceptions, but for the most part i reckon hazard is in his prime right now and that's why we must keep him and build around him from here on out. 

14 hours ago, JM7 said:

Why aren’t we trying to nail him down to a new contract? He’ll have 2 years left after this year, we’re leaving close and encouraging bids from Madrid. 

I`m pretty sure we will be.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:44, Remodez said:

Got into a debate with a fan who said Hazard should be considered a Chelsea legend and compared him to the likes of Zola.

Is it just nostalgia from my side or does anyone else think that's ridiculous? 

To be honest, I think he should.

The main difference is, we have enjoyed Hazard as he is reaching his peak whereas Franco joined us as what, about 30? Zola was unbelievable at times, simply brilliant. But I would still say Hazard is the better player and has already helped us to 2 PL titles (without hin you could argue we wouldn't have won either).

BOTH are in my favourite CFC players of all-time - in no particular order....

Zola

Hazard

Pat Nevin

Joey Cole

Eidur

On 12/3/2017 at 06:11, big blue said:

I feel hazard has gone up another level with the change in formation. He is playing with an arrogance that the very best seem to have, and for the 1st time in his chelsea career, he looks like he is desperate to score goals. 

8 in his last 10, I fancy him to have his best scoring season for us. 

I know contracts aren't everything in football, but I would feel alot more comfortable if he signs a long term contract. On this form, he deserves to be the top earner in the country, and if that's what it takes to keep him, then get it done. 

He is the most exciting player I've ever seen for chelsea, and he is still improving. 

Yes.  He is not asked to do anything other than create.  Every year previous he had defensive responsibility...in fact it was a large part of what he was asked to do.  Now, forward and centrally, he is asked simply to create and manage our ability to get out from the back.  He has been given a free role which is exactly what someone like him should be given...and we are starting to see him play as an offensive confident threat.  It's a joy to watch because if it continues, we will see the best player in the prem get even better!

Been a Chelsea fan since 96, seen many great players in them 22 years. For me Hazard is the best of the lot.  Ive never enjoyed watching a single player in action every time since Ronaldinho. Take any non football fan to a game, tell them to keep a close eye on the number 10 and theyll soon wriggle in their seats with orgasms.

Two things:

1) in the middle he faces CDs and DMs most of the time - that makes the whole dribbling stuff way easier because if he was a huge threat to WBs,now he is impossible to stop from slower opponents. 

2) I believe his finishing hasn't improved a lot, he hasn't convinced me that, he just gets more chances. Scoring 2 out of 4 is better than 1/2. 

PS. I believe Morata deserves credit also. He's not only scorring goals with headers, he is winning many air combats. More than Costa obviosly. 

On 28/11/2017 at 10:44, Remodez said:

Got into a debate with a fan who said Hazard should be considered a Chelsea legend and compared him to the likes of Zola.

Is it just nostalgia from my side or does anyone else think that's ridiculous? 

I think it's ridiculous that you should consider him anything other than a legend. Think about the goal against Spurs for starters, that one that denied them the title. He came on in the second-half and completely changed the game. He's by far the most talented player we've ever had, he's a genuine game-changer and match-winner, he's driven us over the line in two title-winning campaigns, campaigns where he was easily our best player, campaigns in which other big names faltered as the pressure increased. In fact, for many of the years he's been with us, with Mata sold and Torres leading the line, he was the only player that gave us an attacking edge and we were toothless without him. Furthermore, just in case you're still unsure, this is his sixth season with us, which is a hell of a long time these days, particularly when you're as good as he is and you can sign for whoever you want. He could easily force through a move but he hasn't. Lastly, he gets kicked all over the park every single match, whereas if he played for another club or in a different league, life would be far easier for him. I expect he'll leave in the next year or two and good luck to him if he does, but I'm still praying he chooses to stay. Whatever, you seldom get the opportunity to see a player like him play for your club, especially for so long and during their peak years, and we should all be grateful that we have. 

On 04/12/2017 at 14:21, Nibs said:

The main difference is, we have enjoyed Hazard as he is reaching his peak whereas Franco joined us as what, about 30? Zola was unbelievable at times, simply brilliant. But I would still say Hazard is the better player and has already helped us to 2 PL titles (without him you could argue we wouldn't have won either).

Nibs, without him we wouldn't have even finished top half.

6 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Honestly him and Kante are our only 2 truly world class players. We have other good players but the rest are nowhere near their levels. If I was running for Madrid president it would be their signings I would target and demand.

I would say Courtois is world class as well. I also have high hopes for Christensen and Morata to improve their game even further given more time. 

4 minutes ago, comtrend said:

I would say Courtois is world class as well. I also have high hopes for Christensen and Morata to improve their game even further given more time. 

Personally as excellent as tibo is I feel he still has one level to go up. I think cech in his prime was our only world class keeper for the past 25 years. Am not saying we don' have players that could reach that level, just that they are not there yet. Kante and hazard are there.