Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I do get the feeling that he'll be off in the summer (it always feels weird to say that because it'll be winter for me, but hey, appeal to the masses). I think what will happen, is we offer a contract, he turns it down, because Real Madrid have been tapping him up for ages. They make big offer, we accept, because we don't want a Sanchez situation where we're left with our best player on one year. Two years mean his value is about as high as possible.

We sell him, we use some of the cash to buy a Real Madrid surplus star (Isco or Asensio...Asensio being likelier considering he's already behind Isco)...and then hopefully use the rest of the cash (and maybe a bit more), to get in someone like Dybala (well, I might be leaving the realms of likelihood now, but...maybe).

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if he signed a new contract either. I've expected him to leave for a few years, but he hasn't, and he has a way of toying with expectations...I mean look at his initial signing. I hope he stays of course. He will end up being the best Chelsea player ever if he finishes his (top level) career here. Not confident he will though. Players don't talk so much about their dream to play for Madrid, and Zidane etc, and just ignore it.

Regardless, if he leaves, we cannot be half-arsed with our attempts to replace him. No doing what Spurs did to replace Bale, and picking up a bunch of average players. Replace a big player, with a big player.

59 minutes ago, Cam said:

I do get the feeling that he'll be off in the summer (it always feels weird to say that because it'll be winter for me, but hey, appeal to the masses). I think what will happen, is we offer a contract, he turns it down, because Real Madrid have been tapping him up for ages. They make big offer, we accept, because we don't want a Sanchez situation where we're left with our best player on one year. Two years mean his value is about as high as possible.

We sell him, we use some of the cash to buy a Real Madrid surplus star (Isco or Asensio...Asensio being likelier considering he's already behind Isco)...and then hopefully use the rest of the cash (and maybe a bit more), to get in someone like Dybala (well, I might be leaving the realms of likelihood now, but...maybe).

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if he signed a new contract either. I've expected him to leave for a few years, but he hasn't, and he has a way of toying with expectations...I mean look at his initial signing. I hope he stays of course. He will end up being the best Chelsea player ever if he finishes his (top level) career here. Not confident he will though. Players don't talk so much about their dream to play for Madrid, and Zidane etc, and just ignore it.

Regardless, if he leaves, we cannot be half-arsed with our attempts to replace him. No doing what Spurs did to replace Bale, and picking up a bunch of average players. Replace a big player, with a big player.

I think he might go this summer too, though don't think it will be just the money a Real Madrid could offer, instead I think he will be looking to see what CFC are likely to do with strengthening the team. If we don't show ambition then I think he will go. 

6 hours ago, Cam said:

Would be interesting how Real would fit them all in but then Bale is hardly fit these days.

3 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

I suppose if he must go, we must get 1-2 Real players as part of the package. I honestly don't know who will replace him realistically, but we must get quality returns if we sell our best player.

I think he will stay personally, but if he does go, i think we must do all we can to get Sanchez, Mahrez and fill out the squad a bit more. It won't replace Hazard ( that is impossible ) but we would still be one of the top sides in the game.

Papers reporting that Madrid have dropped their interest now as they are putting their trust in Ascenio. 

In reality, it probably means that they’ve been priced out of a move. We probably said it will take a world record fee. Knowing Marina, she will squeeze every penny out of them and I don’t think that Real are quite the force they were in the transfer market money wise. 

He's going nowhere this January. He's got the Barcelona game to play where he'll be trying to show the world that he's the main attraction on show. I expect a shirt swap with him and Leo(The greatest.) at the end of the game and Messi handing him the number of the best estate agent in Barcelona.

3 hours ago, Famous CFC said:

He's going nowhere this January. He's got the Barcelona game to play where he'll be trying to show the world that he's the main attraction on show. I expect a shirt swap with him and Leo(The greatest.) at the end of the game and Messi handing him the number of the best estate agent in Barcelona.

You sound like a Barca fan. :|

He has just won the 'Devil of the Year' with Belgium as well. 

Full story: https://absolutechelsea.com/2018/01/02/eden-hazard-wins-belgium-player-of-the-year-award/

If anyone could follow our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, it would be much appreciated, I'll leave links below. 

https://twitter.com/AbsoluteChelsea

https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteChelsea/

https://www.instagram.com/absolutechels/

5 hours ago, Sun zhi said:

You sound like a Barca fan. :|

Because I appreciate the best footballer ever. As much as I enjoy Eddie he's not anywhere near Messi's level, and listening to his interviews and the way Eddie comes across he'd be the first person to tell you that. Classy kid is Mr. Hazard. 

10 hours ago, Famous CFC said:

He's going nowhere this January. He's got the Barcelona game to play where he'll be trying to show the world that he's the main attraction on show. I expect a shirt swap with him and Leo(The greatest.) at the end of the game and Hazard handing Messi the number of the best estate agent in West London.

^ there.

That reads a bit better. ; -)

Imagine how good he would be in an attacking side like Barcelona, Real, City, etc... He's wasted playing in such defensive displays. Every big side we play, we go 3-5-2, with basically the entire attacking output on the shoulders of Hazard and Morata.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

Just now, Zeta said:

Imagine how good he would be in an attacking side like Barcelona, Real, City, etc... He's wasted playing in such defensive displays. Every big side we play, we go 3-5-2, with basically the entire attacking output on the shoulders of Hazard and Morata.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

Neither would I. It's performances like that where I even hope he leaves. He's far too good to be wasted like that.

I know it's blasphemy but I've just never taken to him. His goal scoring is poor and his drive to improve is non existent. He's barely evolved from the player we bought except has better physical conditioning. He seems content with just having a natural low centre of gravity and a good turn of pace. If he went to Madrid he'd just get discarded like Robben.