Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

big blue
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 11/08/2018 at 23:21, Ballack & Blu said:

That is a serious answer i gather, we want a manager who'll give our most attacking, creative player free reign, with a rock solid mid 3he should be free

No we don't. We want a manager that will teach our best player the correct way to position themselves within the team so that they can optimise their ability and optimise the whole teams structure without ruining the balance of the side. Giving Hazard free reign to follow the ball around not only screws the teams attack up but it blunts his own output as he is often in areas away from where he can cause most damage. The best players have this awareness of space and positioning that Hazard lacks and it's why he isn't as productive as these players and much more inconsistent. When the best players aren't playing well, they are still a danger due to their positioning; Hazards poor positional play means if things don't come off for him he is relatively ineffective. It's no coincidence that he got his assist operating in an area that Sarri would want him to operate in.

I'll give an example of Hazard negatively affecting the team within this game due to mindlessly following the ball. Within 3 minutes of coming on, Hazard dropped right back into midfield as he hadn't touched the ball in a while, and he ended up essentially in Jorginho's position trying to dictate play. This caused the teams play to come to a stand still as he had removed himself as a forward option (making it easier for Huddersfield to mark forward passes) and also had forced the midfielders structures wider and removed their ability to build out from the back. This is awful for the team and is something Sarri will drill out of him as it is unacceptable for any player to do. Attacking football does not mean allow Hazard to do what he wants. We did that last season against Barcelona and got trounced 3-0.

19 hours ago, BKLYNProdigy said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I've wondered what Jorgihno said to him after he made that run. Jorgi was laughing right after he got fouled.. probably excited to play with a player like Eden.. top 5 player in the world hands down. 

It's amazing how different we are with him and how things changed the second he came on. I don't know if he will start against Arsenal, as Sarri has said he isn't fully ready for 90 minutes, but I would rather see him in the side from the start instead of Willian.

And yet his darting run was not shown for some reason.......not worthy it seems........unless its kane, ali, pogba, salah and the sorts.

He wont sign the contract atm, he will wait and see how we play and gel, he wants ambition and titles.........if he signs he will be up there with Lamps etc with the fans.

2 hours ago, Total-Football said:

No we don't. We want a manager that will teach our best player the correct way to position themselves within the team so that they can optimise their ability and optimise the whole teams structure without ruining the balance of the side. Giving Hazard free reign to follow the ball around not only screws the teams attack up but it blunts his own output as he is often in areas away from where he can cause most damage. The best players have this awareness of space and positioning that Hazard lacks and it's why he isn't as productive as these players and much more inconsistent. When the best players aren't playing well, they are still a danger due to their positioning; Hazards poor positional play means if things don't come off for him he is relatively ineffective. It's no coincidence that he got his assist operating in an area that Sarri would want him to operate in.

I'll give an example of Hazard negatively affecting the team within this game due to mindlessly following the ball. Within 3 minutes of coming on, Hazard dropped right back into midfield as he hadn't touched the ball in a while, and he ended up essentially in Jorginho's position trying to dictate play. This caused the teams play to come to a stand still as he had removed himself as a forward option (making it easier for Huddersfield to mark forward passes) and also had forced the midfielders structures wider and removed their ability to build out from the back. This is awful for the team and is something Sarri will drill out of him as it is unacceptable for any player to do. Attacking football does not mean allow Hazard to do what he wants. We did that last season against Barcelona and got trounced 3-0.

Have you played the Game?, watched Hazard for a long period of time?, could Sari coach Messi?, you give one instance where he was in jorghinos way, so what, he played through the middle created the goal for Pedro, if Sari hasn't gave him licence to roam, then what was a left sided midfielder doing running aimlessly through the middle creating havoc 3 or 4 times! 

Imperative that he signs a contract before Christmas otherwise we’re in the same position as we wer with Tibo. Even if he resigns with the promise that he can go at the end of the season, he either needs to stay or we get full market value for him. 

Obviously we all hope that he stays but I hope the club have learned their lesson with Tibo. 

19 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Imperative that he signs a contract before Christmas otherwise we’re in the same position as we wer with Tibo. Even if he resigns with the promise that he can go at the end of the season, he either needs to stay or we get full market value for him. 

Obviously we all hope that he stays but I hope the club have learned their lesson with Tibo. 

I think if he hasn't signed by Christmas he will leave, but i'm convinced he'll sign and stay..

3 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Have you played the Game?, watched Hazard for a long period of time?, could Sari coach Messi?, you give one instance where he was in jorghinos way, so what, he played through the middle created the goal for Pedro, if Sari hasn't gave him licence to roam, then what was a left sided midfielder doing running aimlessly through the middle creating havoc 3 or 4 times! 

Yes I have, so has Jamie Redknapp and his opinion is worth sh*t, our manager hasn't at a level beyond mine so I don't know what your point is? Yes I have and he had his best seasons when he was under stricter positional instructions, I have also seen Hazard outperformed by inferior players because they don't mindlessly chase the ball the way Hazard does (Salah etc.). Yes, he could, I don't know what Messi has to do with Hazard? Messi was/is ten times the player Hazard is.

I can give multiple instances within a 15 minute appearance where he ruined the teams structure within the game. Sure, today he was a threat because he was at his best, the problem is when he doesn't pull off the dribbles past 3/4 players and he is still consistently ruining the teams structure with his lack of spatial awareness and positional sense. He becomes a liability unless he can dribble past 3/4 players which he can't do every game. He actually created the goal by occupying a position in the left half space and drifting centrally with the ball, exactly how Sarri would have him operating consistently. It was also the only real chance he created despite all his flash dribbling, mainly because he was occupying areas of the pitch that were not dangerous to the opposing team. 

Tell me how many chances did he create when he went to the right hand side, completely vacating the left (Which was full of space for him to and track if we switched the ball to that side) and getting in the way of the players on the right? 

He did this too many times to count and often times came central without purpose just because the ball was close to him rather then because there was space to attack and exploit. His on the ball work gets an 8/9 out of 10, his off the ball work a 4/5.

4 hours ago, Total-Football said:

Yes I have, so has Jamie Redknapp and his opinion is worth sh*t, our manager hasn't at a level beyond mine so I don't know what your point is? Yes I have and he had his best seasons when he was under stricter positional instructions, I have also seen Hazard outperformed by inferior players because they don't mindlessly chase the ball the way Hazard does (Salah etc.). Yes, he could, I don't know what Messi has to do with Hazard? Messi was/is ten times the player Hazard is.

I can give multiple instances within a 15 minute appearance where he ruined the teams structure within the game. Sure, today he was a threat because he was at his best, the problem is when he doesn't pull off the dribbles past 3/4 players and he is still consistently ruining the teams structure with his lack of spatial awareness and positional sense. He becomes a liability unless he can dribble past 3/4 players which he can't do every game. He actually created the goal by occupying a position in the left half space and drifting centrally with the ball, exactly how Sarri would have him operating consistently. It was also the only real chance he created despite all his flash dribbling, mainly because he was occupying areas of the pitch that were not dangerous to the opposing team. 

Tell me how many chances did he create when he went to the right hand side, completely vacating the left (Which was full of space for him to and track if we switched the ball to that side) and getting in the way of the players on the right? 

He did this too many times to count and often times came central without purpose just because the ball was close to him rather then because there was space to attack and exploit. His on the ball work gets an 8/9 out of 10, his off the ball work a 4/5.

You're trying too hard. No sane manager is restricting a player like Hazard's movement that can cause havoc & break lines whenever he touches the ball. "Juego de Posicion" simply does not apply to him.

I was slightly worried at how Hazard would react due to not being able to go to Madrid, was slightly worried he may not be fully motivated this season

That was all put to rest after that 15 minute performance on Saturday, he looked super motivated and Huddersfield were unable to contain him. I'm so happy we are actually going to see Hazard play in an attacking team that will play to his strengths. I feel he could take it up a level this season and turn into the player we all know he's capable of becoming

We seriously need to get him sign a new contract with us. Offer him whatever he wants. It doesn't matter how much we get we simply won't be able to replace him, especially in this current market. Also, I'd happily offer him a massive contract just for being so loyal to us even when we've had no Champions League football to offer him. He's never kicked up a fuss about wanting to leave and this is his 7th season with us.  

9 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

You're trying too hard. No sane manager is restricting a player like Hazard's movement that can cause havoc & break lines whenever he touches the ball. "Juego de Posicion" simply does not apply to him.

It applied to Messi and Cruyff so it definitely applies to Hazard. Unless you think Hazard is somehow above those two in ability.

I don't know why you think it will stifle his game. If anything it will improve it as it will put him where he can do the most damage.

Edited by Total-Football

6 minutes ago, Total-Football said:

It applied to Messi and Cruyff so it definitely applies to Hazard. Unless you think Hazard is somehow above those two in ability.

Does it hell apply to Messi, he literally plays where he wants, never tracks back or rarely even tries to tackle anyone. He is given a free role at Barca, its pretty obvious. As for Hazard, your basing all this on a few cameo appearances this season is ridiculous, but going on how the front 3 played before he came on sarri obviously allows them to move around the pitch, they were constantly changing sides and roles within the attacking 3rd.

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

Does it hell apply to Messi, he literally plays where he wants, never tracks back or rarely even tries to tackle anyone. He is given a free role at Barca, its pretty obvious. As for Hazard, your basing all this on a few cameo appearances this season is ridiculous, but going on how the front 3 played before he came on sarri obviously allows them to move around the pitch, they were constantly changing sides and roles within the attacking 3rd.

If you actually look at the build up for the penalty, Pedro overlapped Willian on the left wing, so clearly there is a lot of freedom given to the 'wingers' from sarri. It certainly isn't a case of renegade hazard, not playing instruction and ruining the team shape. 

I actually do agree hazard drops too deep at times, but i think that is because he had to for the last few seasons, as the midfield have been good enough, in terms of playmaking. 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Messi under Guardiola? Not true. He stuck to his role and executed it to the highest degree; that role had a high degree of freedom but he still followed the instructions of his role. 

I agree that Sarri allows his forwards a lot of freedom (Although their movements are likely instructed by him rather then their own volition) I just reject the idea that Hazard should have no instruction and be allowed to go where ever he wants as he is to much of an attacking threat. It's dumb and bad for the team. Is it not better for Hazard to move with purpose rather then amble around looking for the ball all the time? 

I do love it that,  in the last few months, so many people have joined who have direct and inside knowledge of conversations between footballers and managers and owners and coaches from all  manner of teams across the globe.  I particularly like how we now have confirmed details of conversations between Guardiola and Messi.

It's brilliant isn't it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I do love it that,  in the last few months, so many people have joined who have direct and inside knowledge of conversations between footballers and managers and owners and coaches from all  manner of teams across the globe.  I particularly like how we now have confirmed details of conversations between Guardiola and Messi.