Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

JoeyN

Game of Thrones

Anyone watching it? 

Season one and two are On Demand on Sky. Read the first book and half way through the second. New episode on Monday. I've managed to get three of my coworkers hooked on it as well as my parents. 

Here's a trailer for the first season, go download season one and two before they take them off! 

p Edited by JoeyN

haven't read the books, i hear good things though. Just seen the latest episode and i think it has to be the best so far, my jaw was on the floor from about the halfway mark with the fella with all the daughters, his name escapes me right now. brilliant stuff though, think its the first time we've seen daenarys as intimidatingly powerful, i like how the crows are turning into savages whilst the wildlings are a lot more civilized than they would first seem too

I need to read the books. My wife has read the first three and for as good as the HBO series is, she tells me the books are that much better.

And I give full credit to HBO. The TV series is very good. Episode four was probably the best this season to date and one of the better ones from all three seasons.

Its good but you wouldn't want to watch it in front of your Mum...As someone said "if you can't afford Sky Atlantic and want the full game of thrones experience, get a friend to read the Hobbit to you, while you watch Babe Station"

Its good but you wouldn't want to watch it in front of your Mum...As someone said "if you can't afford Sky Atlantic and want the full game of thrones experience, get a friend to read the Hobbit to you, while you watch Babe Station"

im tryna get my girlfriend to watch it from the start with me but she keep saying i only wana watch it 'for the tits'. theyre just an added bonus!

Sorry to be pedantic here, Lewy, but your lack of punctuation makes it unclear whether it is your girlfriend who only wants to watch it for the busty substances, or whether she is accusing you of that!

If, as I suspect, it is the latter, she must be a trifle naive.  Is she also a Scouser?

Sorry to be pedantic here, Lewy, but your lack of punctuation makes it unclear whether it is your girlfriend who only wants to watch it for the busty substances, or whether she is accusing you of that!

If, as I suspect, it is the latter, she must be a trifle naive.  Is she also a Scouser?

haha sorry, I'm not terrible with grammar I'm just incredibly lazy when it comes to using it in informal situations! its definitely the latter, shes got nothing to be jealous of mind but she never believes me when i tell her. She's from just outside liverpool in st helens so shes stuck with pretty much only having rugby for a sport, not that she watches any sports....

Read all the books. seen three episodes of the new season. Loving it as far as a show goes, slightly concerned with how they are differing from the plot of the books with a few storylines, most notably Theons.

Season one they absolutely nailed it, plot was very consistent with the book, second season went way off on a few things just hoping they keep it more in line throughout this season.

Read all the books. seen three episodes of the new season. Loving it as far as a show goes, slightly concerned with how they are differing from the plot of the books with a few storylines, most notably Theons.

Season one they absolutely nailed it, plot was very consistent with the book, second season went way off on a few things just hoping they keep it more in line throughout this season.

Arya's storyline is already very much different. And Bran's and Rob's somewhat... I try to enjoy the tv show as a separate piece of art and stopped continuously comparing it to the books. I hope George will cut right through the (in)famous Meereenese knot in the tv show :)

Arya's storyline is already very much different. And Bran's and Rob's somewhat... I try to enjoy the tv show as a separate piece of art and stopped continuously comparing it to the books. I hope George will cut right through the (in)famous Meereenese knot in the tv show :)

Just seen episode 4. Credit to them they got Theon's back on track. Also Arya's isn't too different. Locations are slightly off but following the story reasonably well

I expect so, Teritus - still can't get my head round why fat below the waist is considered unattractive but fat above it is lustworthy!

:rofl:

how do you make fat attractive...........put a nipple on it.

The dragon girl is well tidy.

Just seen episode 4. Credit to them they got Theon's back on track. Also Arya's isn't too different. Locations are slightly off but following the story reasonably well

She wasn't with Tywin Lannister in the books, she was at Harrenhal in Roose Bolton's camp. Quite a big difference because the scenes in Bolton's camp gave a lot of clues about what's going to happen. Anyway, I don't mind most of the changes, at least this way the tv show gives a new experience compared to the books. Also somewhat necessary as George did not have film production in mind when he wrote the books :)