Our New Stadium

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Its all gone quiet since the Battersea failed bid. I also think the pitch share holders are making it very hard for the club. No chance of making the bridge bigger from what ive heard and read. Health and safety wont allow it as there arent enough exit points out of the stadium. Not sure how true that is though.

I thought earls court was an option but didnt that get sold also recently?

i would have been so incredibly jealous of you guys if you'd have got battersea down, it would have been something else, im kinda glad you didnt though just so it can look the same as it did on the pink floyd album 

Like I say planning laws can change, its not the capacity that is the problem as I understand it, but the access on to the Fulham Road, health and safety...if they could build an underground exit from behind the Matthew Harding that comes out somewhere near Seagrove Road that could be an option, but the club cannot get permission for that....yet..plus it could be prohibitively expensive

The sad thing about Battersea is, they are letting an iconic building fall to pieces, in the hope of getting permission to build on it, when it eventually falls down..I think its owned by a Malaysian consortium although I could be wrong about that....the fabric of the building is getting more and more decrepit, where the roof has gone.

I hope English Heritage step in and make them rebuild it brick by brick if that does happen. My School was right near the power station and its a unique building, if we can't have it I hope they do something like Bankside with it.

There have been lots of thoughts on how to do it. A bridge over the train tracks was another. Yet none of them work thus the club not going through with them or not being allowed to do them. I cant see The Bridge getting any bigger at all. The only choice would be to move but its not that easy trying to find the right plot of land is it. Battersea would have been amazing but the gready fat cats went for other plans. *cough*bribe*cough*

It still boils down to the only exits going out onto the Fulham road.

It always has been the problem, not really the land needed to build the stadium. Modern construction practices mean very little footprint is needed now to build up.

The sad thing about Battersea is, they are letting an iconic building fall to pieces, in the hope of getting permission to build on it, when it eventually falls down..I think its owned by a Malaysian consortium although I could be wrong about that....the fabric of the building is getting more and more decrepit, where the roof has gone.

I hope English Heritage step in and make them rebuild it brick by brick if that does happen. My School was right near the power station and its a unique building, if we can't have it I hope they do something like Bankside with it.

yeah its so iconic that just leaving it to rot would be a crime

yeah its so iconic that just leaving it to rot would be a crime

It wouldnt be a massive shock to see it stand empty for years to come, with umpteen different schemes coming to light, none of which will actually come to fruition.

It still boils down to the only exits going out onto the Fulham road.

Couldnt they continue the old thoughts of a railtrack especially for away fans at the north end of the Bridge.....Thatll take 5000 away with ease and ease up the fulham rd

There's only enough square footage around Stamford Bridge to expand the current stadium by about 5 thousand which is not big enough for what the club wants.

It's to do with the area surrounding the ground itself not being big enough mostly due to the railway lines but I read on the Chelsea website they would need to expand the width of the exit points leading out of the ground mostly the one which runs parallel with the East Stand.

It really is shame that office space and apartments was chosen over this: 

ChelseaFCreleaseartistimpressionimagesof

Couldnt they continue the old thoughts of a railtrack especially for away fans at the north end of the Bridge.....Thatll take 5000 away with

ease and ease up the fulham rd

They would have to rehouse the away fans to the mh stand. Imagine the hassel. I doubt away fans would be happy to be held back in the shed after the game but it's a good idea. Also don't the tv trucks part at that end Edited by bluegraham