junio_oscarSY

Our New Stadium

You are very probably correct regarding the practicalities of squeezing 60,000 backsides into a limited space, however I get the impression that the powers that be wanted a start from scratch landmark design, rather than a hotchpotch one stand at a time affair ala Man Utd, which houses 70,000 plus.

What I do know is that you never know what's round the corner in football. Mr Abromovitch ( tugging of forlocks, thank you Sir for the stadium), might fall foul of Putin and nibble on a mercury sandwich)

Don't imagine they're would be a lengthy queue of suitors looking to take over with a potentially ruinous 1 Billion stadium rebuild ticket.

No matter how many millions have  been spent to date in architects and planning fees, what's to stop the financial reality of the situation resulting in a more modest stadium design?

Stranger things have happened.  

Ps I don't get the obsession with how flash the stadium looks from outside- window dressing in old money. When people go to the flicks they don't stand outside gazing admiringly at the architecture- it the inside that counts. 

Edited by Ewell CFC

33 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

Ps I don't get the obsession with how flash the stadium looks from outside- window dressing in old money. When people go to the flicks they don't stand outside gazing admiringly at the architecture- it the inside that counts. 

I guess the reasoning behind having it look space age is that it draws the corporate crowd and just general tourists and day trips which all adds to the club's coffers and oh there might be a planning clause about making sure it looks nice for the neighbours and not an eyesore in an upmarket part of town.

2 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

" Be Happy with what you are getting. You aren't Chelsea's accountant."

Sounds pretty troll like me- deliberately rude hoping to get a reaction.

Stroll on sunshine

Nothing in that post to take offense to, longtoes.

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:04, Davey Baby said:

Far be it from me to interject, but you're completely uninformed about the stadium. What you ask for is impossible, due to the constraints of the site. The club have employed the best architects to come up with a design and the fact we can potentially squeeze 60,000 people into an amazing new stadium is nothing short of miraculous, so yes, you should be happy. It will possibly be the most stunning stadium in the world and it will be at our historic home. The site is about 12 or 13 acres, where it is generally accepted you need at least 20 acres to build a 60k stadium. To put that into perspective, the London Stadium has a bigger footprint than our entire site. There are also several other obstacles we have to overcome, such as egress, right to light of our neighbours (meaning we have to build down rather than up), railway tracks on two sides, conservation areas bordering the site, etc etc, the list is endless. The area does not need regeneration therefore CPOs are out of the question and the club have done very well to get the council onside, because a project of this size will cause a lot of inconvenience for a number of years, not to mention the transport issues once the stadium is built. Trust me, if this stadium ever gets built, we will all owe Roman a huge debt of gratitude. Just keep your fingers crossed the club can pull it off.

I agree with your comments Davey.

I'm afraid I share your lack of confidence about the project ever being completed. Everything about the design is ambitious. The number of brick columns, the digging out of the pitch and the largest challenge of building over 2 railway lines. All this in a very congested part of London. The additional health and safety requirements of working over one railway line is bad enough but two at the same time will be enormous. I have experience of this and know rail authorities shut sites down if the paperwork isn't in place. They will also want certain work carried out at night and the neighbours will also probably have something to say about that. I saw in a previous article that the club have planned to remain at the Bridge for one season while the building over the railway lines took place. I would be very surprised if they managed to build both the new East and North concourses in one year.

This could take a very long time.

Whilst I'm all for the new build in principle, my biggest worry is what it may cost in football terms. The reported 3 or 4 years at Wembley(?) could prove disastrous on the field. Four years of that will take more than 20'000 extra seats to rectify.

It’s difficult to predict what may happen in football terms, but I’m sure when the new stadium is up and running, we’ll attract even more top players to the capital.

I’m so chuffed this is happening, it was really disappointing not seeing the 1970’s model not come to fruition.

The design is incredible, it’s more than a football ground. An iconic statement we can all be proud of.

I’ve waited this long, I can wait a few more years yet.

15 hours ago, zinc alloy said:

It’s difficult to predict what may happen in football terms, but I’m sure when the new stadium is up and running, we’ll attract even more top players to the capital.

I’m so chuffed this is happening, it was really disappointing not seeing the 1970’s model not come to fruition.

The design is incredible, it’s more than a football ground. An iconic statement we can all be proud of.

I’ve waited this long, I can wait a few more years yet.

Agree, unfortunately Old Father Time may have an input for me on your last sentence.:connie_oldman_cleanglasses: 

Posted (edited)

We’ve overcome some major hurdles already, the permissions, the planning.

The New White Lane seems to be moving swiftly. I seem to remember a short documentary on the Emirates being built. Arsenal had quite a few logistical problems to overcome but got there nonetheless.

Edited by zinc alloy

Saw this on the Chelsea Pitch Owners page on Facebook.

CPO New Share Pricing Proposals

Shareholders will get a chance at the forthcoming AGM to vote on a new structure for shares.

As explained in the letter, the basic or scrip price of shares, will be reduced from £100 to £25.

If the motion is passed, then the new pricing of shares will take place immediately.

It will not affect existing shares held, and these shares will be worth four votes at any future meeting.

The new shares will be sold with a premium attached as currently. It is the difference between the scrip price and the full price that goes towards meeting the costs to run the company. We are obliged, and have done, to pay 85% of the scrip price of each share sold to CFC as repayment of our loan.

The changes will be as follows:

Electronic Shares will be priced at £30.00 and are sent via a pdf in an email.

A certificate from the company will be in A5 format rather than A4 format. It will contain printed signatures of a CPO director as well as ones from the Current first team squad. This will also be priced at £30.00 plus £5.00 post/packing.

A Framed certificate will also be in A5 format and will be priced at £35.00 plus £5.00 post/packing.

There will be options for certificates signed by certain first team players individually. These will remain in A4 format and will be priced at £80.00 plus £5.00 post/packing.

Shares presented on the pitch will be A4 signed by a first team player and priced at £200.00.

Each shareholder gets a letter from the company as part of the package.

Charges for use of cards will cease in line with changes to the law in this month.

The board are asking the shareholders to approve this change in order to make it easier for the wider Chelsea supporting fanbase worldwide to participate as a shareholder in CPO. Increasing the diversity of our shareholders is an important objective to us.

https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/council-to-rescue-herzog-and-de-meurons-chelsea-stadium-from-residents-injunction/10026843.article

Council to rescue Herzog & de Meuron’s Chelsea stadium from residents’ injunction

8 JANUARY, 2018 The London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham is set to step in to prevent Herzog & de Meuron’s new stadium for CThe London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham is set to step in to prevent Herzog & de Meuron’s new stadium for Chelsea FC being scuppered by rights of light objections.cuppered by rights of light objections

The council is looking to use its compulsory purchase powers after the owners of two neighbouring properties launched a High Court injunction to stop the development.

The owners say the planned £600 million stadium scheme, which was waved through by London mayor Sadiq Khan last March, should be altered to prevent it from blocking their light. But the local authority has said that is not a realistic option.

A report set to go to the council’s cabinet next week says: ‘The club has been in discussions with the owners of 1-2 Stamford Cottages for some time to acquire their rights to light by agreement, but they have confirmed that it is highly unlikely that a private agreement will be reached.

‘Given the significant level of investment necessary, the club state that they will not be able to implement the development or secure any necessary development financing whilst there remains a risk that the existing injunctive proceedings might succeed.’

In order to allow the development to proceed, the council is set to use powers under planning law which would see them buy air rights over part of the stadium and the railway line that separates the stadium from the homes.

It would then lease the land back to the current owners: the football club and Network Rail.

The move would mean that the homeowners were entitled to compensation for the loss of light, rather than being able to stop the development completely.

Chelsea has agreed preliminary deals with around 60 per cent of 50 properties it has identified as being affected by rights of light issue. It says it expects to agree terms with all but the two properties involved in the injunction.

According to council documents, the club says that in June 2017 it offered more than the market rate for the release of their rights, but this was refused.

A letter to the council from solicitors acting on behalf of the owners of the two properties said they would ‘take all legal action available to them’ if the council proceeded with acquiring an interest in the land.

Herzog & de Meuron’s design was unanimously approved by Hammersmith & Fulham Council in January 2017.

The proposed stadium – a three-tier, four-stand bowl – will increase capacity at the club’s Stamford Bridge home from 41,837 to 60,000.

The ground will be enclosed by 264 brick piers, rising up and over spectators to support a circular steel ring connected to radial steel roof trusses 50m above the bowl.

57 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Maybe we should ask our good chins over at Tottenham who they used to ‘heat up’ the negotiations with their problem neighbours...

At least we're doing it the right way,  unlike the disgusting underhand tactics used by Liverpool the horrible w**kers. 

12 hours ago, Itsintheblood89 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42648061

Anyone seen this? Not sure why the family address and even children's names would be published on the website! Surely it poses a risk that idiots would go round and threaten them?! Either way it's a spanner in the works again :(

The family know they wont win, they just want a bigger payout. 

They say there will be almost 17,000 hospitality seats, 28% of the total, and compare that to Arsenal's Emirates Stadium where hospitality comprises 16% of the capacity.

This is very worrying for me. The atmosphere is already not exactly the best at SB, but with over a quarter of the seats being hospitality, it's going to be even worse. We make fun of the lack of atmosphere at places like the emirates, but I can forsee this new stadium being worse.

15 hours ago, Itsintheblood89 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42648061

Anyone seen this? Not sure why the family address and even children's names would be published on the website! Surely it poses a risk that idiots would go round and threaten them?! Either way it's a spanner in the works again :(

It says they've been living there for 50 years, the children have got to be grown adults by now, especially as one of them is contesting the club.

They must be doing this publicly as I don't think the BBC will publish names without it being public info.

Theres always someone trying to stand in the way of progress. Theyre trying to hold out for more money from Chelsea, thats all.

Hoepfully its sorted ASAP.

The Mail have been sneaky enough to send around a reporter with a camera, theres not much of a vew from the hosue, a fine stadium like the new Bridge would liven up their current view. :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-5262051/Chelsea-plans-new-1bn-stadium-derailed.html

5 hours ago, Zeta said:

This is very worrying for me. The atmosphere is already not exactly the best at SB, but with over a quarter of the seats being hospitality, it's going to be even worse. We make fun of the lack of atmosphere at places like the emirates, but I can forsee this new stadium being worse.

Same. There's not much we can do other than to hope it's true that there won't be any hospitality in areas behind both goals & hope that safe standing eventually comes. I'd imagine these corporate seats could be converted to regular match going seats if the club decides.

Another reason to put ticket prices down too... (but looking at Liverpool's recent drama that probably won't happen)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42696760

Chelsea stadium: £1bn Stamford Bridge plan aided by council decision

By Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Chelsea's £1bn development of Stamford Bridge can go ahead after Hammersmith and Fulham Council passed a motion that will prevent an injunction blocking the plans.

Edited by fitz

maybe the Hammersmith and Fulham Council are looking after Chelsea, after seeing how the emirates hasn't really assisted the gooners - after moving out of Highbury, le arse have regressed :Troll_Face: