Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

junio_oscarSY

Our New Stadium

This is a really exciting time for us and the stadium will no doubt bring in extra revenue similar to the Arsenal making £1 million per home. As others have said big players want to play in big stadiums.. I just hope it didn't mean 3 to 6 years.of limited transfer budget

I like the idea of a new stadium presuming we don’t lose any atmosphere.

However I have heard that almost 20,000 of the 60,000 will be corporate meaning virtually none of the increased capacity will be available to standard members or season ticket holders?

Can anyone confirm that? Or has heard the same?

16 hours ago, Jamesc88 said:

I like the idea of a new stadium presuming we don’t lose any atmosphere.

However I have heard that almost 20,000 of the 60,000 will be corporate meaning virtually none of the increased capacity will be available to standard members or season ticket holders?

Can anyone confirm that? Or has heard the same?

Heres the figures.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/11/chelsea-given-permission-500m-60000-capacity-stamford-bridge-stadium

The new ground would have more than 13,000 extra seats for general admission, while corporate seating would double to 9,200. There would also be expanded provision for disabled supporters, but the seats afforded to visiting fans would remain the same, at 3,000.

The club have stated there will be approximately 11,000 hospitality seats, about 18% of capacity.  There are also a number of the 'Club' seats and it's a bit vague what that entails.  The legroom of these seats looks the same as 'General Admission' on the plans so maybe they just get their own designated lounges and cash bar in a sort of semi-corporate arrangement. 

Interesting too, this latest development where Chelsea are negotiating with the neighbouring Stoll Foundation to purchase some two acres of their property.  This of course has some potential major benefits for the proposed new stadium.  It could result in a revision of the western side of the ground with likely an increased capacity.  It would also create a much larger circulation space and frontage on that side of the stadium with possibly an additional access/egress point next to Wansdown Place.

https://www.stoll.org.uk/news-post/proposal-provide-new-homes-support-services-homeless-vulnerable-veterans-across-country/

As regards finance.  I think it's blatantly obvious that Roman seems to be on a mission with this.  If there were major worries over the costs, a far less extravagant or landmark design would have been settled on.   So this isn't your normal scenario where £ per seat is worked out and dismissed if not viable.  Likewise, the amount of years for the stadium to have paid for itself would appear to be far less a consideration that with venues elsewhere.  The 2012 feasibility report the club commissioned basically said the difficulties with the site made a 60,000 stadium un-economic (as well as unattainable).  But the alternative options have melted away and so here we are.  Funny how the impossible becomes a possible when you want it badly enough.  Of course, if outside backers are being looked at, then a schedule of a return on their investment has to be serious but I get the feeling Abramovich wants to leave a lasting legacy for the club.  And this particular design is something that has a longevity about it as well as being a stadium quite unlike any other. 

coco likes this

2 minutes ago, Bovis Messroom said:

The club have stated there will be approximately 11,000 hospitality seats, about 18% of capacity.  There are also a number of the 'Club' seats and it's a bit vague what that entails.  The legroom of these seats looks the same as 'General Admission' on the plans so maybe they just get their own designated lounges and cash bar in a sort of semi-corporate arrangement. 

....and maybe a cushion.

I think Bates has to take a lot of the blame for this the Shed only holding 6,000 so he could build the hotel was ridiculous. On the other hand Bates was originally on the committee for the new Wembley and he did recognise the amount of flats and businesses that could be built around the stadium. I can't remember what was at Wembley apart from the stadium a car park and some waste ground.