Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

junio_oscarSY

Our New Stadium

2,507 posts in this topic

Battersea Power Station would have been an amazing stadium.

But since that failed I don't want us to go anywhere. I LOVE Stamford Bridge, walking through the cemetery to get it, everything about where it is and the size of it. f**k moving anywhere else.

Why did it fail? I can't remember.

Why did it fail? I can't remember.

Out bid by a Malaysian consortium. 

They aren't even going to preserve the power station like we were but re-build a lot of it.  

No way do we need a new stadium. We can barely sell out our home games! Not interested in another modern, soulless bowl to fill up with more tourists and day trippers. Stamford Bridge is our home. End of

Jezz likes this

No way do we need a new stadium. We can barely sell out our home games! Not interested in another modern, soulless bowl to fill up with more tourists and day trippers. Stamford Bridge is our home. End of

Most Chelsea games go on general sale and as a club we missed out on a generation of fans simply because it's to dear.

We probably need another 5-10 seasons to grow to a true household name like ManU and Arsenal to justify 65k seater. The club seems to think we need it already...

Speculate to accumulate - Battersea would have been an excellent proposition especially as prices were potentially lowered for younger fans

Zola and Celery1989 like this

The thing is though, we do need a bigger stadium.

Our current ground capacity is very small when compared to other major teams in Europe and so we aren't generating anywhere near as much match day revenue as a result.

With the implementation of FFP rules a high income is more important than ever and a 60k stadium would go a very long way to increasing our match day revenue.  

Our current ground capacity is very small when compared to other major teams in Europe and so we aren't generating anywhere near as much match day revenue as a result.

With the implementation of FFP rules a high income is more important than ever and a 60k stadium would go a very long way to increasing our match day revenue.

Yes it would, word would soon spread that you can rock up on the day and get in whether it were a tourist or more importantly those from around London, Home Counties and further..

If we do move to a new stadium, and I hope that we don't.  The board should seriously consider an area for youngsters to attend for only ten to fifteen pound a game.  Would encourage future generations of Blues to start attending.

First option would be to expand Stamford Bridge, but with that looking less likely, and with Battersea not an option, then I think we are where we are for a couple more years

There's a nice stadium complex that could easily be expanded not three mile from where I live. Shame it's in Northamptonshire

We already have the 5th highest matchday revenue in Europe. There's also a lot more scope for expansion of our commercial revenue. Our stadium situation is not ideal but isn't the be all and end all either - Juventus recently moved to a smaller stadium than we currently have - especially if it means moving to somewhere like White City or Old Oak Common.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=p&vpsrc=6&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=200618240859811444463.0004ae7555340816369c6

that's a pretty old link but it still gives a good impression of what still are the discussed locations.

i read a report about it a few months back but i cant find it unfortunately. but i remember it saying nine elms was still the desired location if anything was to go ahead.

I would say it is a case of if you build it they will come. For example people such as me would find it much easier to plan for games by booking flights in good time so making it a lot cheaper. An area for kids to get in at more reasonable prices would be great too.

If the local council could work out some form of compromise with a ground share with Fulham (have no idea how just if) would that be a definite no-no?

QPR? You're dead right.

As sales of celery plummeted...shame

It worked for whoever invented the vibrator.

Edited by SHELLY

With regards to the young generation thing: most young people are going to the likes of fulham and clubs in lower divisions as tickets are cheaper. 

With regards to the young generation thing: most young people are going to the likes of fulham and clubs in lower divisions as tickets are cheaper. 

You're not wrong there, even on a lower scale.  Dulwich Hamlet for example have had a huge increase in average attendance this season, something in the region of 30% and a lot of them are teenagers.  OK, they've pushed for promotion the last few years and may just achieve that this weekend hopefully but these kids are even going to away games as they've generally around the home counties and are affordable.  I honestly can't blame them.

Where or indeed what are the rumours?

Or is the rumour simply that there'll be an announcement about something some time in the future?  :face_palm:

Where or indeed what are the rumours?

Or is the rumour simply that there'll be an announcement about something some time in the future?  :face_palm:

Well I mainly post on other Chelsea forums, general consensus between respected posters who have a little inside knowledge is that something is brewing.

What I know is that we are not yet completely ruled out of Battersea, and the club have also been spending lots of £ on designs for redeveloping Stamford Bridge.