junio_oscarSY

Our New Stadium

1 minute ago, Blueblur said:

The graphics portraying how our stadium might look are awful.

Fingers crossed that when then thing is actually built that it doesn't look like the stainless steel colander I have stashed in my kitchen cupboard. 

God knows where we will play while it is being built. Wembley doesn't look like a viable option. 

It's going to look more or less like those pictures given they plans they done on the Allianz were near identical to how it turned out.

2 hours ago, Celery1989 said:

We've struggled to sell out Stamford Bridge for cup games and Champions League qualifiers, so talk of anything greater than 60k seems pretty unrealistic to me. I reckon we'll sell out every League game at the new ground but there will be empty seats for the other competitions, unless we are playing a big rival/club.

We got 40,000 to the 2nd round league cup game against Bristol Rovers with about 2 weeks' notice to sell tickets. Those were priced at £25 - so hardly being given away 

I would be surprised if in a bigger stadium we cannot still get close to selling out the ground for those games. 

2 hours ago, RichardCFC said:

What will the new stadium do for ticket prices? West Ham's increased capacity has meant a reduction, but obviously they got their stadium for pittance.

Been taking a look at what Arsenal and West Ham have done with prices:

West Ham: Adult member tickets are between £25-£70 (but from £25-£35 for Cat C matches to £50-£70 for Cat A).

Arsenal: Adult member tickets are between £26-£95.50 (but from £26-£38.50 for Cat C matches to £64-£95.50 for Cat A).  

In comparison, our current prices are between £47-£82 (but from £47-£65 for Cat C matches to £56-£82 for Cat A).

West Ham: Adult season tickets between £289-£899.

Arsenal season tickets between £1014-£2013.

Chelsea season tickets between £750-£1250.

So it looks like both clubs are selling heavily discounted match tickets for Cat C games whereas there is much less variation between Cat C and Cat A at Chelsea. So I can see our prices dropping for the lower profile games in order to ensure a full house. For season tickets, the two clubs are pursuing different strategies. West Ham are selling dirt cheap season tickets to fill the ground whereas Arsenal are squeezing their ST holders as much as possible. Not clear based on that what Chelsea will do but they were saying during the stadium consultations that there was no appetite for greatly increasing prices for ordinary fans. No reason to think that is no longer their position.

Also worth noting that West Ham, like Chelsea, offer discounted junior tickets throughout the stadium (and a season ticket for U16s for £99). Arsenal only offer concessions in their family enclosure. 

3 hours ago, Blueblur said:

The graphics portraying how our stadium might look are awful.

Fingers crossed that when the thing is actually built that it doesn't look like the stainless steel colander I have stashed in my kitchen cupboard. 

God knows where we will play while it is being built. Wembley doesn't look like a viable option. 

Shouldn't be too hard, the stadium's exterior is brick, not steel.

Wembley is as good as a done deal.

The design of the new stadium is truly outstanding. No other stadium design in the country focuses so much on being this aesthetically pleasing or dare I say stylish from the outside. Old Trafford looks like a cobbled together bunch of steel sheds, and both the north London club stadiums come up short compared to this. The new Stamford Bridge, because that is what it is and will always be called, is far superior to the emirates and the new WHL. Their stadiums have a lower quality build. This really will set Chelsea Football Club aside from other clubs and give the club a much stronger identity both in this country and on an international scale. The stronger identity will encourage more fans and better players for decades to come and as a fan I welcome this huge leap forward in the clubs development.

The construction will be a huge challenge and often large and difficult designs like this hit difficulties and come in late. Given the challenges of working with rail authorities and the complicated column and roof design I hope the club and construction team fully understand the challenge ahead.

It will be interesting to see where the club temporarily relocates. Wembley could be difficult with THFC already in place but I think their stadium may be complete before Chelsea need to relocate. My understanding of things is that the new development and in particular the over rail walkways can commence before having to relocate. Does anyone know when THFC's stadium will be finished? Do they? My preferred option is Twickenham. Wembley would only have two tiers open, atmosphere may be problematic and the pitch is big. It also takes ages to get there. There have been reports that Twickenham is off the table but I hope the club revisit this option.

In the meantime lets win the PL and COYB.

Just some of the things the architects had to contend with.   Various Conservation Areas, Listed Buildings and Monuments,  Nature Conservation Sites, Buildings of Local Merit and protected views from Richmond Park to St.Paul's Cathedral.   Add to that a high number of well heeled local residents. you've got to say they did an exceptional job.

2015_05050_FUL-CONSTRUCTION_ENVIRONMENTAL_MANAGEMENT_PLAN-1708829-page-013.jpg

On 1/11/2017 at 13:23, Bovis Messroom said:

Coincidently, there is another significant meeting being held tonight.   Councillors representing the London Borough of Brent wards surrounding Wembley Stadium are discussing a proposal by the Football Association to increase full capacity events at the stadium to 57 per year.    This is surely with both Spurs and likely Chelsea playing there in mind.

Do we know the outcome of this meeting yet?

41 minutes ago, Mr Parker's Dogbite said:

Do we know the outcome of this meeting yet?

This meeting involved a presentation by the Football Association as part of the consultation process.  Brent Council expects them to make a formal application in the next week or two.  What with Spurs moving in next season, they seem to have left this quite late.

Based on everything I have seen, this new stadium will be an iconic football pitch for years to come. I think once complete, it will be something everyone will be proud of for sure. It is not the sterile stadium such as Emirates or the new White Hart Lane that lack character.

It checks the box for keeping the club playing on the same hallowed ground into the future.

Plus, from all renderings I have seen, it will keep supporters very close to the pitch. This is a detail greatly lost at Emirates and most certainly London Stadium for West Ham. I am not sure about the new Spurs facility. This is one thing I love about the Bridge currently. It is a wonderful place to watch a match and you are right on top of the action. The Emirates is void of this atmosphere.

Only aspect about the project I hate is the thought of playing at Wembley for THREE years. Matches with Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool and heck United and City for that matter, will probably have a lot of supporters from the visiting club.

Maybe we could pay Fulham a lot of cash to play there. :biggrin: