Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russell_Nash

Since the Gooners last won silverware

Boy does that look sweet! 

I quite enjoyed reading the bitter comments on the Arsenal mania forum, despite feeling a bit dirty. The best comment was (poor deluded souls) :

"This is the circle of football and we will have our 10 year domination and this drought will make it all that much sweeter."

:mocking:

Since Arsenal last won a trophy, every single one of the other 91 League clubs has changed its manager.

Charity shield does not count.

Well, you have to qualify for it, and - as far as I am aware - you are rewarded with silverware if you win it.

A bit like the Super Cup. Or doesn't that count, either?

FA-Cup-Trophy-2.jpgFA-Cup-Trophy-2.jpg
FA-Cup-Trophy-2.jpgFA-Cup-Trophy-2.jpg
EPL_Trophy.jpgEPL_Trophy.jpg
Carling_Cup.jpg
U138P200T1D261833F12DT20090809191952.jpgU138P200T1D261833F12DT20090809191952.jpg
302352d1358642001-mr-cole-attempts-champ
uefa_pokal_345x468.jpg

:JC_doubleup:  :JC_doubleup:  :JC_doubleup:

Looks to be short of a Premiership trophy.

But Community Shield does... :happy001:

Looks to be short of a Premiership trophy.

Technically we won our 04-05 PL title a few weeks before Arsenal had won the FA Cup of that year.

In my view, community shield, Super Cup, etc etc don't count.  They are exhibition games.

Titles we can win:

Premier League

FA Cup

League Cup

Champions League

Europa League

World Club Championship (maybe)

Xfaxtor likes this

Of course Community Shield counts. As far as I'm concerned any trophy is good. I remember how ecsatic I was when we beat United back in 2000.

Scott Harris likes this

Of course Community Shield counts. As far as I'm concerned any trophy is good. I remember how ecsatic I was when we beat United back in 2000.

Only if you are desperate.

Even the Emirates cup?

Since Arsenal last won a trophy, every single one of the other 91 League clubs has changed its manager.

Really:-.....is that fact?

but that would have been 90 up to last week then............amazing that

Bobbywoodhogan likes this

Even the Emirates cup?

Haha well that's a pre-season trophy that you don't need to qualify for. But if we won it I'm sure I'd be happy :)

End of the day I remember when this club won nothing and even a Community Shield is enough to put a smile on a fans face. All trophies obviously have a priority but it doesn't mean I don't want to win them.

Shields and Super Cups do count. I bet Wigan will be playing United like a cup final in August, seeing as they'll never get another shot at it.

but I bet you any goonie would cherish a chance for that salad plate. 8 years & Counting :D

but I bet you any goonie would cherish a chance for that salad plate. 8 years & Counting :D

well you have to win something to actually qualify for that trophy so i doubt any gooner is taking the shield into consideration

Beerqueen likes this

Of course the Community Shield / Super Cup counts. People who say these games are just like playing in a pre season tournament are well off, they are not the same at all, you need to earn the right to play in these games unlike pre season tournamens. People who treat these games with disrespect are just greedy.

We are in a position where nobody expected us to be. We have our destiny in our hands, our fate in our hands and that’s what you fight for in the game.

“It is a game that we will now want to win but at least we fought back to be in a position where we master our own fate.â€

*Wenger

It's amazing how he continuously gets away with making every season sound like a triumph against the odds.