Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zeta

Ad Notice

Are you serous with this crap?

So now I have to wait 40 seconds every time I click anything in the forum... just because I don't want to enable adverts?

Once when you first visit the site I could almost understand, even though it would still be taking the piss, but on every single page visit?

You've effectively just made the site unusable. I'm not going to sit and wait nearly a minute every time I click something just to be able to read it or type something.

Web hosting is not that expensive for goodness sake...

So now I have to wait 40 seconds every time I click anything in the forum... just because I don't want to enable adverts?

Once when you first visit the site I could almost understand, even though it would still be taking the piss, but on every single page visit?

You've effectively just made the site unusable. I'm not going to sit and wait nearly a minute every time I click something just to be able to read it or type something.

Chill out dude. It has only happened to me once when I first visited the site.

Can I suggest that if you want to raise an issue that you go about it in a more measured way?

Having a rant isn't necessary.

I had no idea this was an issue Zeta and we will try and look into it.  However I concur with ethical's sentiment.  Running costs aren't massive but aren't inconsiderable either. Feel free to contribute toward them if you want us to keep affording them.

Donate to go ad-free an option? I tend to turn ad block off for sites I want to support, so have no problem with this anyway, but clearly some people do, so giving them an option to still support the site and go ad-free might work.

Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about.  We have minimum ads compared to a lot of sites. We don't litter the posts with garish signatures which take up massive amounts  of space and look about as ugly as Peter Beardsley being rear ended by Muffin the Mule. The only ads we do allow are those which are paying toward the sites running costs and are paying a decent rate (rather than accepting some of the low offers we get.

However we will look into it when time allows and see if there is anything we can tweak. 

I'm not bothered by the ads here because they're relatively unobtrusive, but I got the message when I first logged onto the site even though adblock was disabled in my browser.

An option to donate to go ad-free would be my preference, if it's doable.

I can confirm that if you add the site as an exception in the AdBlock extension everything works fine.

Try it. You get a chance to date arab girls. What more could you want?

Do you really want me to elaborate on that one?

I can confirm that if you add the site as an exception in the AdBlock extension everything works fine.

Try it.  You get a chance to date arab girls.  What more could you want?

I can confirm after adding theshedend.com to the AdBlock+ whitelist in Opera that ads are still blocked and the error message still shows. I think this is because the Opera extension is crap and the whitelist does bugger all.

I've now uninstalled AdBlock+ and I look forward to meeting some lovely Arab girls in the near future.

I can confirm after adding theshedend.com to the AdBlock+ whitelist in Opera that ads are still blocked and the error message still shows. I think this is because the Opera extension is crap and the whitelist does bugger all.

I've now uninstalled AdBlock+ and I look forward to meeting some lovely Arab girls in the near future.

Why don't you use Chrome or Firefox? Far better browsers.

A valid question Max, but my reaction was a response to Ethical's question What more do you want.

First thing that comes to mind obviously is a meeting with Ethical's incredibly handsome son :wink:

If you're  having the son, I'll have the dad, Val, then I can be your mother-in-law!

I got it again today even though I don't even have adblock installed anymore. I'm beginning to take this personally now, if I ever did anything to offend one of the admins then I apologise profusely.

On some days I get the notice, on other days I don't. Very fickle. I suppose it depends on how well it slept or something similar affecting its mood. The day that robots take over humanity has gotten closer!

Moi, mothers-in-law and I are not a good combination. BTW haven't we had this discussion before?