Thank You Mr Roman Abramovich

Eight Times
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I just hope that it lasts. I dont want to see Jose and Roman falling out again. I hope Jose has become more laid back and I hope Roman has realised that Jose is the best manager on the planet. I hope Jose is still our manager for the next 10 to 15 years.

I think for the first time since Roman took over, there is a calmness and stability that we've never known before. There is clear direction and seemingly, less internal politics. I guess after years for striving and pushing, the club have grown up abit.

I think for the first time since Roman took over, there is a calmness and stability that we've never known before. There is clear direction and seemingly, less internal politics. I guess after years for striving and pushing, the club have grown up abit.

I feel the same

yep I think this is the best position the club has been in, ever.

All we need now is to sort out the extension to the Bridge.

Guest RFC_CFC

I think we still have a feeling we will need to win something this season for Roman to keep his trigger finger still.

We are moving in the right direction with a young, hungry and very talented side with the best manager in world football in charge of it all.

We just need some sucess now and I'm praying it's this season.

Say we dont win something and say Roman is unhappy and sacks Jose, then what? What other top manager out there is good enough to take us forward?

For me I hope Jose stays for a very long time even if we go the odd season without winning anything. As long as we keep moving forward as a team then I am happy.

Guest RFC_CFC

Say we dont win something and say Roman is unhappy and sacks Jose, then what? What other top manager out there is good enough to take us forward?

For me I hope Jose stays for a very long time even if we go the odd season without winning anything. As long as we keep moving forward as a team then I am happy.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't sack Jose if we came up short this season but we know what Roman is like and it would be foolish to think he'd have changed his ways this time, I don’t think any manager has lasted 2 full seasons under Roman without winning something.

There are no guarantees in football and English football is far more competitive now than it was when Jose first came here....back then you only had 2-3 teams who were in the running for the title now you have Arsenal, Man City, us, Liverpool and United will be back soon enough.

I want stability and hope Jose is here for the long haul, it’s what this club needs.

Gronks beat his man 99% of the time and managed to cross it 1%.

he might as well have picked it up and threw it into the crowd most of the time. Loved him though, he was great fun.

Gronks beat his man 99% of the time and managed to cross it 1%.

he might as well have picked it up and threw it into the crowd most of the time. Loved him though, he was great fun.

Didn't he have a chant that went to the Flintstones theme?

Jesper, Jesper Gronkjaer

You will see him running down the wing

From the country Denmark...

And then I forget the rest. 

Didn't he have a chant that went to the Flintstones theme?

Jesper, Jesper Gronkjaer

You will see him running down the wing

From the country Denmark...

And then I forget the rest.

so just like him you did the majority well, then ballsed the end up

:)

I think we still have a feeling we will need to win something this season for Roman to keep his trigger finger still.

We are moving in the right direction with a young, hungry and very talented side with the best manager in world football in charge of it all.

We just need some sucess now and I'm praying it's this season.

Well if we have the best manager in the world, we will surely win title/s this year. 

Guest RFC_CFC

Well if we have the best manager in the world, we will surely win title/s this year.

We had him last year too and won nothing, that's football though.

Hope we look at bigger picture and see what we are trying to build.

back then you only had 2-3 teams who were in the running for the title now you have Arsenal, Man City, us, Liverpool and United will be back soon enough.

I don't think for any one year more than two of those will be serious contenders. Every season starts with 3,4,5,6,7 "contenders" but realistically it comes down to 3 max and in most cases 2. By the time Man U come back and become serious contenders again City could be going through transition as they have an old squad, Liverpool had a one season wonder and I don't see them challenging for a long while and Arsenal wont do anything under Wenger.

I don't think for any one year more than two of those will be serious contenders. Every season starts with 3,4,5,6,7 "contenders" but realistically it comes down to 3 max and in most cases 2. By the time Man U come back and become serious contenders again City could be going through transition as they have an old squad, Liverpool had a one season wonder and I don't see them challenging for a long while and Arsenal wont do anything under Wenger.

I agree with this. Each season Arsenal and Liverpool are talked about but we all know they wont win it. Right now its us or City in another season or two United will join the pack again.

I think the press like to say that 5 or 6 teams could win it because it makes our league sound more exciting but really its only 2 or 3 and the other 2 or 3 teams are just fighting for 3rd, 4th and 5th. The reason they say 5 or 6 could win it is because those 6 are big names in football but as I have already said Arsenal and Liverpool arent going to win the league any time soon.

Guest RFC_CFC

There is a good season then there is a serious title challenge..Newcastle, Everton ect never came close to that.

It was perfectly reasonable to say Liverpool would be one of the contenders since they did so well last season finishing 2nd by a couple of points.

It's still too early to say how many are realistically in the title hunt this season too as we have only played 8-9 games out of 36.

Man City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal could all win it given the quality of their squads...Liverpool have struggled but it wouldnt be unthinkable to see them mount some sort of challenge once Sturridge in particular is back.

I think it was 100% correct to say 4 or 5 teams were in the mix for the title.

We had him last year too and won nothing, that's football though.

Hope we look at bigger picture and see what we are trying to build.

Last year we were actually a side in transition though (something Arsenal have claimed to be for years) and we were actually lacking those few players that we now have. I'm pretty sure there'll be trophies this year if injuries don't scupper us in the long run. Of course I'm not saying we're gonna win the league just yet after so few games but I'd certainly rather be in our position than anyone else's. Edited by Bobbywoodhogan