Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Welcome to The Shed End - Unofficial Chelsea FC Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 2013/2014 Fixture list: Sky + BT Sport

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Zola

Zola

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

The new fixture list is out in 8 days! Excited to see how our new campaign with José will begin!!

Of course, the fixtures are subject to change when the TV get their fingers on it.

BT Sport will show 38 live games from the league (very interesting - free if you have BT internet!) - 18 of these are 'first pick' fixtures. It will be interesting to see how BT's coverage is compared to Sky. They are investing an absolute fortune in it, so hopefully its not a poor standard like most of ITV's events.

This surely means a weaker 'Super Sunday' on Sky Sports this year! I imagine BT and Sky will compromise to split the big games with a Home vs Away swap deal on corresponding fixtures, but who knows!

Edited by Zola, 11 June 2013 - 01:24 PM.

• i-like-to-munich likes this

JoeyN

JoeyN

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

Might have to upgrade to BT Sport now. Great an extra £20 odd a month! :(

Got a feeling we'll get Spurs first.

Edited by JoeyN, 11 June 2013 - 01:26 PM.

ForeverCarefree

ForeverCarefree

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

My internet subscription with Sky expires in September, seeing as they basically rent the cables from BT I'm probably going to switch to BT so I can get the live matches. 

Beerqueen

Beerqueen

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

Lucky you lot!  I can't get BT tv here - humph  :mad:  I live in the darkest depths of Shropshire - on an A road in a large village just outside Shrewsbury so you think we would be in the 85% of the country or whatever it is that is covered but no... :mad:

Myles_91

Myles_91

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I've heard rumours it's Norwich away

Uno

Uno

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I always look for the first and last games. Also the games over christmas as well.

Does anyone know how much BT sports will be?

Most likely i will just stream them on my laptop.
  • Zola likes this

JoeyN

JoeyN

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

I've heard rumours it's Norwich away

3 points then!

Zola

Zola

Legend

• Members
Donator

I always look for the first and last games. Also the games over christmas as well.

Does anyone know how much BT sports will be?

Most likely i will just stream them on my laptop.

No idea, but its free if you have your internet with them (£20 a month). I would think it will be at least £15 a month as they have first pick and are showing so many games.

ESPN is £6 or something and its pretty terrible.

Uno

Uno

An Untouchable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I get ESPN free every now and then. I think you are right though, BT will charge a fortune if they have most of the games. I think i will just stream Fox sports. Those americans do make me laugh.

Gem

Gem

Blueblur just gets better and better.

• Moderators
Donator

So with 38 games they pretty much get one fixture a week? Don't think we'll fork out, stream baby.
  • Beerqueen likes this

Zola

Zola

Legend

• Members
Donator

http://www.guardian....rt-what-you-pay
  • bluedave likes this

Zola

Zola

Legend

• Members
Donator

Exactly! The fact BT have opened up means more streaming options, so even if you don't want to buy the channel you will still should be able to get them streamed.

Edited by Zola, 11 June 2013 - 03:21 PM.

terraloon

terraloon

Youth Team

• Members
  • PipPip
Donator

Lucky you lot!  I can't get BT tv here - humph  :mad:  I live in the darkest depths of Shropshire - on an A road in a large village just outside Shrewsbury so you think we would be in the 85% of the country or whatever it is that is covered but no... :mad:

We live in deepest Dorset and cant get any TV via an arieal. We have BT internet and TV via Sky box we have signed up for and will get from June BT TV for free .

mclovin83

mclovin83

Basking in the ambiance, basking in the ambiance....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

So are ESPN still getting games or is it just split between BT & Sky Sports for next season?

Zola

Zola

Legend

• Members
Donator

So are ESPN still getting games or is it just split between BT & Sky Sports for next season?

Nope, ESPN will now only have live rights to the FA Cup, Europa League and Serie A

Gem

Gem

Blueblur just gets better and better.

• Moderators
Donator

Not long before Virgin join in.

i-like-to-munich

i-like-to-munich

The Shed End not the Dead End

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip

The new fixture list is out in 8 days! Excited to see how our new campaign with José will begin!!

Of course, the fixtures are subject to change when the TV get their fingers on it.

BT Sport will show 38 live games from the league (very interesting - free if you have BT internet!) - 18 of these are 'first pick' fixtures. It will be interesting to see how BT's coverage is compared to Sky. They are investing an absolute fortune in it, so hopefully its not a poor standard like most of ITV's events.

This surely means a weaker 'Super Sunday' on Sky Sports this year! I imagine BT and Sky will compromise to split the big games with a Home vs Away swap deal on corresponding fixtures, but who knows!

I have BT Internet and would be quite happy to stream our games that are shown on it for all the forum members that dont have access to BT. If anyone is interested and can suggest a good Stream Host site send me a Private Message and i will look into it sooner rather than later.

• Zola and Joust like this

Charles Ryder

Charles Ryder

Castle Howard.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

Hmm, hope this doesn't have any impact on Sky's international distribution, we literally get every Chelsea league match down here.

SimonH

SimonH

In the Ressies

• Members
  • PipPipPip

You don't need BT TV, the channels are on Sky too. It's costs £12 per month. Unless, you have BT broadband, then you you just call BT provide your SKY card number and they will put the channels on for you for free for 12 months.

I know this as I am getting BT Infinity installed to get the channels for free. You don't need to be in a fibre optic area either, just the regular BT broadband will get you the channels too.

Beerqueen

Beerqueen

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Donator

You don't need BT TV, the channels are on Sky too. It's costs £12 per month. Unless, you have BT broadband, then you you just call BT provide your SKY card number and they will put the channels on for you for free for 12 months.

I know this as I am getting BT Infinity installed to get the channels for free. You don't need to be in a fibre optic area either, just the regular BT broadband will get you the channels too.

I don't have sky - I was hoping to change to BT broadband to get the sport for free but infinity isn't available here - I thought that that meant that infinity=fibre optic but maybe I'm wrong.  I could subscribe to regular bt broadband but would only get bt sport through my laptop so I might as well stream.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users