Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zola

The 2013/2014 Fixture list: Sky + BT Sport

The new fixture list is out in 8 days! Excited to see how our new campaign with José will begin!!

Of course, the fixtures are subject to change when the TV get their fingers on it.

BT Sport will show 38 live games from the league (very interesting - free if you have BT internet!) - 18 of these are 'first pick' fixtures. It will be interesting to see how BT's coverage is compared to Sky. They are investing an absolute fortune in it, so hopefully its not a poor standard like most of ITV's events.

This surely means a weaker 'Super Sunday' on Sky Sports this year! I imagine BT and Sky will compromise to split the big games with a Home vs Away swap deal on corresponding fixtures, but who knows!

i-like-to-munich likes this

Might have to upgrade to BT Sport now. Great an extra £20 odd a month! :(

Got a feeling we'll get Spurs first.

My internet subscription with Sky expires in September, seeing as they basically rent the cables from BT I'm probably going to switch to BT so I can get the live matches. 

Lucky you lot!  I can't get BT tv here - humph  :mad:  I live in the darkest depths of Shropshire - on an A road in a large village just outside Shrewsbury so you think we would be in the 85% of the country or whatever it is that is covered but no... :mad:

I always look for the first and last games. Also the games over christmas as well.

Does anyone know how much BT sports will be?

Most likely i will just stream them on my laptop.

Zola likes this

I always look for the first and last games. Also the games over christmas as well.

Does anyone know how much BT sports will be?

Most likely i will just stream them on my laptop.

No idea, but its free if you have your internet with them (£20 a month). I would think it will be at least £15 a month as they have first pick and are showing so many games.

ESPN is £6 or something and its pretty terrible.

I get ESPN free every now and then. I think you are right though, BT will charge a fortune if they have most of the games. I think i will just stream Fox sports. Those americans do make me laugh.

So with 38 games they pretty much get one fixture a week? Don't think we'll fork out, stream baby.

Beerqueen likes this

Exactly! The fact BT have opened up means more streaming options, so even if you don't want to buy the channel you will still should be able to get them streamed.

Lucky you lot!  I can't get BT tv here - humph  :mad:  I live in the darkest depths of Shropshire - on an A road in a large village just outside Shrewsbury so you think we would be in the 85% of the country or whatever it is that is covered but no... :mad:

We live in deepest Dorset and cant get any TV via an arieal. We have BT internet and TV via Sky box we have signed up for and will get from June BT TV for free .

So are ESPN still getting games or is it just split between BT & Sky Sports for next season?

So are ESPN still getting games or is it just split between BT & Sky Sports for next season?

Nope, ESPN will now only have live rights to the FA Cup, Europa League and Serie A

The new fixture list is out in 8 days! Excited to see how our new campaign with José will begin!!

Of course, the fixtures are subject to change when the TV get their fingers on it.

BT Sport will show 38 live games from the league (very interesting - free if you have BT internet!) - 18 of these are 'first pick' fixtures. It will be interesting to see how BT's coverage is compared to Sky. They are investing an absolute fortune in it, so hopefully its not a poor standard like most of ITV's events.

This surely means a weaker 'Super Sunday' on Sky Sports this year! I imagine BT and Sky will compromise to split the big games with a Home vs Away swap deal on corresponding fixtures, but who knows!

I have BT Internet and would be quite happy to stream our games that are shown on it for all the forum members that dont have access to BT. If anyone is interested and can suggest a good Stream Host site send me a Private Message and i will look into it sooner rather than later.

Joust and Zola like this

Hmm, hope this doesn't have any impact on Sky's international distribution, we literally get every Chelsea league match down here.

You don't need BT TV, the channels are on Sky too. It's costs £12 per month. Unless, you have BT broadband, then you you just call BT provide your SKY card number and they will put the channels on for you for free for 12 months.

I know this as I am getting BT Infinity installed to get the channels for free. You don't need to be in a fibre optic area either, just the regular BT broadband will get you the channels too.

You don't need BT TV, the channels are on Sky too. It's costs £12 per month. Unless, you have BT broadband, then you you just call BT provide your SKY card number and they will put the channels on for you for free for 12 months.

I know this as I am getting BT Infinity installed to get the channels for free. You don't need to be in a fibre optic area either, just the regular BT broadband will get you the channels too.

I don't have sky - I was hoping to change to BT broadband to get the sport for free but infinity isn't available here - I thought that that meant that infinity=fibre optic but maybe I'm wrong.  I could subscribe to regular bt broadband but would only get bt sport through my laptop so I might as well stream.

Just pleased someone is challenging Sky, their price's are bang out of order. I normally ring up every 4 months and cancel, they then always knock a tenner off for 3 months. That BT offer is worth a look I also think if you sign up before the end of July or something you also get free HD for a year.

Zola likes this

I don't have sky - I was hoping to change to BT broadband to get the sport for free but infinity isn't available here - I thought that that meant that infinity=fibre optic but maybe I'm wrong. I could subscribe to regular bt broadband but would only get bt sport through my laptop so I might as well stream.

BT predominently use Fibre To The Cabinet (FTTC) on their BT Infinity products. In layman's terms this means that about two thirds of the route is fibre optic.

How do I know this? I work for BT...

Zola likes this

BT predominently use Fibre To The Cabinet (FTTC) on their BT Infinity products. In layman's terms this means that about two thirds of the route is fibre optic.

How do I know this? I work for BT...

Whooooooshhhh!!  As it goes completely over my head!  But thanks anyway!  Does this mean that you need fibre optic for Infinity or even with fibre optic you may not be able to get Infinity or some other scenario?  And is there any way of knowing if/when it could come to me (but I've just signed up with my current supplier again so it doesn't really matter now!)

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

The link above should tell you if your local telephone exchange is enabled for 'Superfast Broadband', aka BT Infinity. Yes you will need a fibre optic but you do not have to request it. Openreach, BT's division that deals with it's physical network, will be installing all of that in the background. It's a lengthy and very costly process, I should know as I worked in that division for two years!

Zola likes this

Thanks - I already know we're not.  Just wondered if there was a way of knowing if it was coming in the near future.  The best I could find was a news report saying something like 80% of Shropshire would have it by 2016!  Doesn't really help if you're in the 20% as we are now!  Don't worry though, as I said we've signed up to someone else now - our download speed isn't bad but we don't qualify for all the cheapest packages across the various companies.